Good Article by By the AP

It's ESPN's little trick to get people to think tim wrote it. Tim as per his thread thinks it's a good idea. Just read TBD instead, it's not like ESPN or tim have any more information than posters here. In most cases, they have far, far less such as nevergiveup who has scooped them all on Bills news.

I would say that the way this is put together, it seems ESPN is claiming that they at least did a write-through. Note, it say only that, "Information from The Associated Press was used in this report."

Of course, as of which I am sure John is all too aware, writing for a wire service guarantees much of your work will be seen without your byline. That, in part, is what ESPN pays The AP for.

Aside from all that, I like the article a lot. True, those of us who follow this closely pretty much knew this info. But this was needed in light of the reports yesterday that the new crew at OBD is already set on keeping Tren in the starting slot.

I get the no-byline part, but a.) putting up Tim Graham's picture and b.) attributing it to "ESPN News Services" if it was writte by the AP both seem like sketchy moves.

Agreed, unless ESPN's crew went through John's piece, adding pertinent information. I need to go look at the article that moved on the wire.

best part of the article....

"You're not going to make it far if you don't have a good quarterback." Kelly said recently.

The key, Kelly said, is for Gailey and Nix to find not just the best quarterback, but one capable of playing in Buffalo's harsh climate.

"You don't need a big-name quarterback, you need a quarterback who could play, period," Kelly said. "It's doing your homework, sitting down with whomever it might be, and having it in your mind: 'Will this guy fit in Buffalo, New York,' not somewhere in the NFL, but Buffalo."

:devil:

OK, I looked at John's article as AP moved it, and I looked at the version posted on ESPN. The only difference was that the ESPN piece has three extra graphs at the bottom on the Guy firing. Well, those three graphs come from John's article titled, "Bills release pro personnel chief, Guy." So, the entire article on ESPN, labeled as "ESPN.com news services" and bearing Tim Graham's photo, was written by The Associated Press' John Wawrow. Incidentally, Tim filed his own, short piece about Guy getting the axe, but that text is not what was included in the in the main article in question here.

This shows the insanity of starting Brohm that one game. You throw him in and because he didn't set the house on fire he's lumped in with Fitz and Trent for "failing to provide a spark.". As far as I'm concerned Brohm is still an unknown.

PTR

best part of the article....

:devil:

I'm sorry sir, but, this is the best part of the article....

"He's run everything from the wishbone when he was in college, he's run the wildcat," former Broncos coach Dan Reeves said. "He's coached all different kinds of quarterbacks. I think he takes the skills that those players have and gives them an opportunity to be the best they can."

See what you've got and then get the best from them.

OK, I looked at John's article as AP moved it, and I looked at the version posted on ESPN. The only difference was that the ESPN piece has three extra graphs at the bottom on the Guy firing. Well, those three graphs come from John's article titled, "Bills release pro personnel chief, Guy." So, the entire article on ESPN, labeled as "ESPN.com news services" and bearing Tim Graham's photo, was written by The Associated Press' John Wawrow. Incidentally, Tim filed his own, short piece about Guy getting the axe, but that text is not what was included in the in the main article in question here.

I agree. The credit to AP seems to be lacking with all the ESPN tags at the top of the article and the AP tag at the bottom.