per WIVB: John Guy fired

Lori

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No link yet, but John Murphy led the 11pm sportscast with the news that Director of Pro Personnel John Guy has been fired.

And now that cryptic post makes sense ...

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO, One down one to go. This lightens the sting from yesterday a bit.

:thumbsup:

Way to get er done Buddy.

Well this is a step in the right direction! If you had John Guy being around until the end of his contract and then being renewed (I did) YOU LOSE!!! See ya Guy. Don't let the door hit you on the way out and good luck landing another NFL gig.

Lets see now, Overdorf and Berchtold next please.

No link yet, but John Murphy led the 11pm sportscast with the news that Director of Pro Personnel John Guy has been fired.

This might actually be good news if indeed he has been instrumental in our personnel decisions over the past several years. Not sure how it worked internally with Overdorf.

Also, do we have another insider at OBD ? If so, TBD must have incredible credibility. :thumbsup:

When John was first given his position, the Bills evidently hoped he'd turn into a very special Director of Pro Personnel.

Instead, he turned out to be just some Guy.

Good riddance!! :thumbsup:

Remember, remember 20 days after December,

The way that the Bills' chances were shot,

I see no reason

Why the waste of ten seasons

Should ever be forgot.

John Guy, John Guy, t'was his intent

To continue on, despite funds misspent.

Dockery, Walker, Royal, and others fell below

Reasonable expectations, leading to Jauron's overthrow;

By Buddy's diligence Guy was catch'd

In the night. Guy's poor performance was unmatched.

Holla boys, Holla boys, let the bells ring.

Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

And what should we do with Guy?

Burn his effigy!

Not really sure why it's necessary to 'dance on his grave' - even Tim Graham surprised me a bit, complaining that the Bills waited until after the late-nite newscast to announce the move.

Guy made some good moves, and a lot of bad ones. You could say the same for just about everyone at OBD.

So now Buddy Nix is making the moves folks said they wanted. Guy's gone - that's good, I guess, but losing your job is humiliating enough.

Let the man have his dignity, ferchrissakes. JMO.