Is Anyone Out There Outraged???

Beerstm

ESPN- Seattle and Buffalo choose two former College coaches to lead their teams. However, the names Pete Carroll and Chan Galey just don't sound the same (add laughter).

Headline News- A bill board doesn't buy what it used to. The Bills fans pulled thier resources to try to get Cowher, but landed Chan Galey. But have been a clearence advertisement.

NFL network- laughing at Nix for saying there were 15 calls from coaches who wanted to be in Buffalo, but somehow they actually answered when Chan called LOL.

Charlotte, NC radio- fans calling in just mocking this decision blaming it on the cold weather and the snow.

Charlotte Sports TV news- In other news, the Bills lost out on Cowher and had to settle for Chan. What else do you expect from a team that has to leave the country to find fans. *laughing "Maybe Canadians will think Galey is Cowher."

These are just a few reports I have seen. Other TV clips have been of Nix just sounding foolish. When Nix made his little comment about Buffalo not being Oakland, the newscaster said, "Your right Buddy. People actually want to live and work in Oakland, even if it is for Al."

I'm known as a Bills fan. My office is full of Buffalo Bills stuff. I'm embarassed to evern be associated with this mess. What a slap in the face.

What I don't understand is that some of you foolish fans will be more upset at this post, than what happend today @ One Bills Drive.

For those Spelling and Grammer Nazi's on TBD, I have made several spelling and gramatical mistkes in this post. Can you find them?

My point: True Bills fans shouls be embarased and insulted by what has taken place this year @ One Bills Drive.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

These are just a few reports I have seen. Other TV clips have been of Nix just sounding foolish. When Nix made his little comment about Buffalo not being Oakland, the newscaster said, "Your right Buddy. People actually want to live and work in Oakland, even if it is for Al."

They have another 3 months to get their laughs in at Nix because after seeing his draft not too many people are going o be laughing...San Diego didn't load up on pro bowlers by accident...

Ummm.....no. Screw them! :thumbsup:

Cablelady, I'm beign totally serious. I always respect your Bills opinions. Your posts/insights are great! I consider you an awesome Bills fan. If you are not seriously outraged and embarassed at what is going on. I'm seriously shocked. Why, because I know you care and bleed Bills' red white and blue.

I admire your loyality. I love the Bills. But I can not be proud of this team.

They have another 3 months to get their laughs in at Nix because after seeing his draft not too many people are going o be laughing...San Diego didn't load up on pro bowlers by accident...

I hope your right. Even if you are. It takes coaching to win. You can't honestly believe that Chan can outwit the Pats, the Dolphins or the Jets.

And they didn't become probowlers because they were drafted. It takes the right coach to make them probowlers.

ESPN- Seattle and Buffalo choose two former College coaches to lead their teams. However, the names Pete Carroll and Chan Galey just don't sound the same (add laughter).

Headline News- A bill board doesn't buy what it used to. The Bills fans pulled thier resources to try to get Cowher, but landed Chan Galey. But have been a clearence advertisement.

NFL network- laughing at Nix for saying there were 15 calls from coaches who wanted to be in Buffalo, but somehow they actually answered when Chan called LOL.

Charlotte, NC radio- fans calling in just mocking this decision blaming it on the cold weather and the snow.

Charlotte Sports TV news- In other news, the Bills lost out on Cowher and had to settle for Chan. What else do you expect from a team that has to leave the country to find fans. *laughing "Maybe Canadians will think Galey is Cowher."

I'm known as a Bills fan. My office is full of Buffalo Bills stuff. I'm embarassed to evern be associated with this mess. What a slap in the face.

What I don't understand is that some of you foolish fans will be more upset at this post, than what happend today @ One Bills Drive.

For those Spelling and Grammer Nazi's on TBD, I have made several spelling and gramatical mistkes in this post. Can you find them?

My point: True Bills fans shouls be embarased and insulted by what has taken place this year @ One Bills Drive.

You are being overly sensitive...I mean, we are talking about a game here, not your kids or family. Its not that serious for one...

Second, who cares what they say...let them talk, it will just be that more satisfying when we get this ship turned around assuming Gailey works out.

Third, part of sports is ribbing on your friends, co-workers, etc whenever you can. Roll with it, why be embarrased? I was all over friends who are Eagles fans after they got destroyed and at least they were in the playoffs...same with my friends who are Cowboy fans...part of the game...(funny thing is that even though I live in Southern California I dont have any friends who are Chargers fans to make fun of...lmao)

Fourth, from what I am being told Gailey is pretty highly respected in NFL circles and amongst his peers. Sure he wasnt a sexy choice, so the media is going to pile on...but now that the dust has settled and we know a little bit more about him he doesnt look so bad. Lets give him a chance to do something here before we condem him like the media.

Actually one of my best friends is a die hard Eagles fans and one of the smartest football fans I know. He researched Gailey and spent the morning telling me he thought it was a very good hire.

The fans who would make fun of the hiring ar the ones who really don't have much knoweldge about the league. Gailey isn't the best coach but he is a very solid coach who has won everyone he has been. And no one would ever laugh in my face.

I don't care whom the coach is, if the player doesn't have IT and have more of IT than 80% of the other players around, he'll never see the probowl. The good GM's find the players that have the "IT" factor.

I firmly believe coaching is over rated. Look at teams like the Giants through 70's, lousy every year, then they hire George Young as GM, team turns around. Bill Parsells now thinks he should be a GM, so leaves the Giants. He's done OK as a GM, but never as good as he did as coach of Giants. The Mets were terrible for over 10 years until Frank Cashan was brought in. Detroit Red Wings once Gordy Howe and company left were terrible from mid 60 to mid 80's finally they got a good GM and the past 15 years or so have been near the top every year. Closer to home, Marv Levy is in the HOF, the same guy who got fired in KC, now had Bill Polien picking players and he's a great coach! Actually though weren't Smith, Kelly, and Reed all picked by the guy before BP? In the mid 70's the Canadians won 4 cups, but Scotty Bowman wanted to be coach and GM, so he left Montreal and came to Buffalo. The team did OK, but never great. He turned the roster over twice trying to find his kind of players, but never did. Can't recall the guys name who was the GM in Montreal, but he got all those players whom Scotty won with up there. Even the Yankees, they've won alot over the past 30 years, but for all the money they spent, didn't get a very good return on it. The past 15 years now have had Brian Cashman and they've won alot more than prior.

For the first ime since JB, the Bills have a gm who has a scouting background and based on what he did in SD and his prior stint with the Bills, I feel confident he can select high quality players. What worrys me some about Nix isn't whether he'll find top players, but more how he'll handle the business side of the job. Actually I don't think JB did very well there either as he never met a player he didn't fall in love with and over pay for them.

Get CG top level players and he'll win. Even if CG doesn't work out, if Nix gets the players, the team will become respected again finish 8-8 or so which then would allow Buffalo to more go after a Bill Cowler type.

And they didn't become probowlers because they were drafted. It takes the right coach to make them probowlers.

I'm not outraged. To be outraged at this is to be utterly oblivious to reality. Do I think Chan Gailey is the best HC available? Not at all. Do I think he is the best HC available that would actually accept the Bills job? I would hope not, but I have to believe that is the case. But to think that a premier HC would sign to coach in Buffalo is quite simply absurd. All I can say is I am happy we did not hire Schottenheimer.

As much as I don't like the Gailey hiring, I would take him over Carroll every time. Really bad move on Seattle's part, IMO.

Didn't one of the worst Bills teams in years beat Carolina this season?? Those guys have NO reason to be laughing. Their front office is a mess and their coaching situation isn't much better than ours was going into last season.

I'm not going all out trying to defend the hire, but really who cares? If you're pissed about the hire, fine. Don't be pissed cause of stupid comments about the hire. That's just childish.

You are being overly sensitive...I mean, we are talking about a game here, not your kids or family. Its not that serious for one...

Second, who cares what they say...let them talk, it will just be that more satisfying when we get this ship turned around assuming Gailey works out.

Third, part of sports is ribbing on your friends, co-workers, etc whenever you can. Roll with it, why be embarrased? I was all over friends who are Eagles fans after they got destroyed and at least they were in the playoffs...same with my friends who are Cowboy fans...part of the game...(funny thing is that even though I live in Southern California I dont have any friends who are Chargers fans to make fun of...lmao)

Fourth, from what I am being told Gailey is pretty highly respected in NFL circles and amongst his peers. Sure he wasnt a sexy choice, so the media is going to pile on...but now that the dust has settled and we know a little bit more about him he doesnt look so bad. Lets give him a chance to do something here before we condem him like the media.

:thumbsup:

Chan Gailey is an outstanding hire.

Marty ball (my choice) , but Gailey is a much better O.C. than Brian S.

Cowher- his teams were loaded with talent, he blew lots of games.

Shanahan- most "dead money" in NFL 2009 ( + $29 mil)

Frazier- Tampon 2 defense....no thanks.

Fewell- Tampon 2

Grimm, Harbaugh, Brian Schotty, Rivera.....NO EXPERIENCE.

Ummm... You must not be from Buffalo. Everyone rips on the area, even if they can't point it out on a map. I love this place, and can care less what people from Charlotte think.

I've been all over this country, and the crap stinks everywhere.

Ummm... You must not be from Buffalo. Everyone rips on the area, even if they can't point it out on a map. I love this place, and can care less what people from Charlotte think.

I've been all over this country, and the crap stinks everywhere.

ha ha, Charlotte. No character, just nice lawns.

Reminds me of the old expression about Rochester (no offense), which applies equally to Charlotte - a couple of parking garages surrounded by suburbs.

I'll get my hat ...