My Farewell to the Buffalo Bills

At least you can tell by the replies who the people that are actually buying season tickets are.

Everytime I ask my friends in Buffalo they all shrug and don't know anyone. Well, here they are.

Well considering there were 55,000+ this year, you probably don't have many friends.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, as stated previous times, Bills fans are appearing to be a fairly brittle, fragile, and entitled bunch. Getting over amped up because an owner made a choice without consulting all the 'smart' people on this board. Really. Reading these posts is absolutely humorous and offers strong evidence Bills fans are whimply, short sited, and feel unusually entitled in some way.

What part of a "Boss hired someone he was comfortable with" is hard to wrap your mind around? Ralph owns the team. Ralph can do what he wants and does not need to placate 'WNY".

Or am I missing something?

Nope. The only thing I would disagree with is your use of the word "fan." Someone who is a real fan sticks through the good times and the bad times -- no matter how long or frustrating the latter may be. And anyone who became a Bills fan thinking that things would always be good shouldn't have ever been a fan at all.

Nope. The only thing I would disagree with is your use of the word "fan." Someone who is a real fan sticks through the good times and the bad times -- no matter how long or frustrating the latter may be. And anyone who became a Bills fan thinking that things would always be good shouldn't have ever been a fan at all.

Do you truly believe the Bills are giving 100% to give us a winning team? Simple question.

I wish all of you guys well. I have served the team faithfully in cities all-around the country proud of my colors. Well I'm not from western NY, but the Adirondacks, and I've never seen the Bills play live. I've watched just about every game since I discovered football in 89'. I even watched the entire Oilers game and I BILLeved.

Why should I treat a team like a wife or a child I love? They don't treat me that way, they treat me as a product they can capitalize on, and if that's true why oh why should I treat the product so lovingly when I cannot love the product they give me? Why should be so hell-bent on the emotions of a team that I don't live there and MAINLY because you treat the customer like garbage?

People can say I'm a bandwagon jumper and to that I say B.S. I always had hope the product would improve and I could enjoy the game even if they lose. I enjoyed watching the Bledsoe years as much as they pained me because we tried to improve the team even though the results weren't great. I got excited about Losman as a 1st rounder even after his 2 games under 80 yards and I was scratching my head how he was in the NFL. I loved the Flutie OR Johnson year, even the Collins years.

Now as a man in my 30's I realize this is a business, and why should I treat this business like my freaking family when it spits in my face? I should be following players and liking those teams they play on. Some team that is exciting and young with a good nucleus I could enjoy for 8-10 years.

The hiring of an old man as GM without any experience and a figure-head to a nerd who knows nothing about football, to an owner who won't hire a guy like Schott, to finally now hiring a guy like Gailey has me relinquish my love for this team.

I wish everyone well and I'm sure all the "don't let the door hit ya" posts will be lost on me as I don't care.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

If you didn't care you would not have wrote..............

I wish all of you guys well. I have served the team faithfully in cities all-around the country proud of my colors. Well I'm not from western NY, but the Adirondacks, and I've never seen the Bills play live. I've watched just about every game since I discovered football in 89'. I even watched the entire Oilers game and I BILLeved.

Why should I treat a team like a wife or a child I love? They don't treat me that way, they treat me as a product they can capitalize on, and if that's true why oh why should I treat the product so lovingly when I cannot love the product they give me? Why should be so hell-bent on the emotions of a team that I don't live there and MAINLY because you treat the customer like garbage?

People can say I'm a bandwagon jumper and to that I say B.S. I always had hope the product would improve and I could enjoy the game even if they lose. I enjoyed watching the Bledsoe years as much as they pained me because we tried to improve the team even though the results weren't great. I got excited about Losman as a 1st rounder even after his 2 games under 80 yards and I was scratching my head how he was in the NFL. I loved the Flutie OR Johnson year, even the Collins years.

Now as a man in my 30's I realize this is a business, and why should I treat this business like my freaking family when it spits in my face? I should be following players and liking those teams they play on. Some team that is exciting and young with a good nucleus I could enjoy for 8-10 years.

The hiring of an old man as GM without any experience and a figure-head to a nerd who knows nothing about football, to an owner who won't hire a guy like Schott, to finally now hiring a guy like Gailey has me relinquish my love for this team.

I wish everyone well and I'm sure all the "don't let the door hit ya" posts will be lost on me as I don't care.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

The Adirondack park is one of the greatest places in our great country.

Do you truly believe the Bills are giving 100% to give us a winning team? Simple question.

No they certainly aren't. Bills fans deserve better considering how we have stuck with them despite the 10 year long playoff drought. Unfortunately, I think that the Bills organization (Ralph) thinks they are doing the right thing with Gailey and keeping the front office intact, and that is pretty scary and frustrating.

If it wasn't so easy to change your screen name it would be fun to have a pinned thread with all the quitters' names to see if they actually comeback after their good-bye letters.

You can get the recent user name history. I think you mean re-register like a convicted felon in under witness protection program.

i.e.

JoeSixPack => Joe In Macungie

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...mes&id=2006

G. Host => BillsWatch 30th October 2009 - 06:00 PM

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...names&id=55

No they certainly aren't. Bills fans deserve better considering how we have stuck with them despite the 10 year long playoff drought. Unfortunately, I think that the Bills organization (Ralph) thinks they are doing the right thing with Gailey and keeping the front office intact, and that is pretty scary and frustrating.

They know they are doing the right thing because they have the cheapest possible hires and people buy tickets.

RW is not a Buffalo Bills fan he is an Andrew Jackson fan.

Plain and simple.

this part right here's one of the dumbest parts of the post, IMO....spent several years as San Diego's asst GM and the primary job of a GM is to bring in personnel....which Buddy's always been good at

Thomas Smith

Damien Covington

Eric Moulds

Gabe Northern

Sam Cowart

Peerless Price

Shawn Bryson

all came from his region

and so did

Eric Wood

Shawn Nelson

good post. lets stick to facts and track record. Also, When gailey is in charge, team's offenses improve significantly. he did it in Dallas, Miami and Pittsburg. When he left, the offenses went back down to lower levels of points . The guy can coach and game plan and call offense, regardless of the talent he has (and the best talent is never coming to friggin' b lo) . face it, Buffalo shouldn't even have an NFL team by today's standards and these knuckleheads want friggin Cowher to come in.. give me a break. buffalo is the backwater of backwaters in the NFL so be glad you have a team while ralph is still alive...

They know they are doing the right thing because they have the cheapest possible hires and people buy tickets.

RW is not a Buffalo Bills fan he is an Andrew Jackson fan.

Plain and simple.

You are right probably about that, but I have to wonder what the interest is in reading this thread (like I did) - and then thought that it must be like seeing one of your fellow commuters crashed into a tree on the side of the road - where you might slow down and look to see how bad it is.

Yes, the Bills have been better, they haven't been to the playoffs in a decade and did not hire Bill Cowher. But the Bills are still here in WNY and it is better to have lived and lost in the last ten years than never to have lived having a NFL team in Buffalo at all. Rome wasn't built in a day - but hopefully it won't be another 10 years before we get back into the playoffs because going to a home playoff game is a great experience and is probably why there are so many die-hard fans today.

bullcrap. the bills work because the stadium is free and ralph gets $100m+ in TV revenue every year whether there are 70,000 in the stands or 70. bills fans stick with them because there is nothing else to do in WNY in mid, f ing november in wny, the tkts are cheap and ralph allows a drunken orgy in the parking lots every week. its not about the team, its about a cheap party on a day of the week at a time of year when there is nothing else to do .. no big time college football (or any other college sport) tradition in WNY, no baseball, no NBA, hockey is much more expensive and doesn't kick in until January anyway.. At least Jacksonville Jaguars fans have an alternative to the Jags, they are college football fanatics and spend their money on the Gators, fishing and NASCAR. None of that in the b lo wasteland in November. Ralph Wilson is brilliant. He has a completely captive audience who largely have nowhere else to go with their (minimal) disposable income during the fall/winter. I don't mean this in a disparaging way, its just that the fans are as much "stuck with" the bills as "sticking with" the bills.

bullcrap. the bills work because the stadium is free and ralph gets $100m+ in TV revenue every year whether there are 70,000 in the stands or 70. bills fans stick with them because there is nothing else to do in WNY in mid, f ing november in wny, the tkts are cheap and ralph allows a drunken orgy in the parking lots every week. its not about the team, its about a cheap party on a day of the week at a time of year when there is nothing else to do .. no big time college football (or any other college sport) tradition in WNY, no baseball, no NBA, hockey is much more expensive and doesn't kick in until January anyway.. At least Jacksonville Jaguars fans have an alternative to the Jags, they are college football fanatics and spend their money on the Gators, fishing and NASCAR. None of that in the b lo wasteland in November. Ralph Wilson is brilliant. He has a completely captive audience who largely have nowhere else to go with their (minimal) disposable income during the fall/winter. I don't mean this in a disparaging way, its just that the fans are as much "stuck with" the bills as "sticking with" the bills.
some people like winter 8&8. yeah, there might be ice fishing and snow skiing instead of boat fishing and water skiing, but some people actually like the change to fall and winter.

You rip on Wilson and the front office, and I admit I have my moments or "fan rage" too. I am not happy with the Bills right now, and understand your frustration.

But I take offense as a fan (not a season ticket holder UNfortunately), when you suggest we follow the Bills as lemmings, lured by drunken orgy tailgates in the wasteland of western NY, who are a captive audience, with minimal disposable income, that have nowhere else to go in the fall and winter.

But that is OK, you do not mean it in a disparaging way. :thumbsup: Disparaging: critical, denouncing, insulting, reproachful, unflattering, belittling, derogatory

What way did you mean it?

I have plenty of things to do all year long. I agree that I owe the Bills nothing and they do not owe me anything me for my loyalty. If I do not want to go to a game or watch them on TV that is my choice. I have a life.

Again, as stated previous times, Bills fans are appearing to be a fairly brittle, fragile, and entitled bunch. Getting over amped up because an owner made a choice without consulting all the 'smart' people on this board. Really. Reading these posts is absolutely humorous and offers strong evidence Bills fans are whimply, short sited, and feel unusually entitled in some way.

What part of a "Boss hired someone he was comfortable with" is hard to wrap your mind around? Ralph owns the team. Ralph can do what he wants and does not need to placate 'WNY".

Or am I missing something?

Perhaps. The team owner is wise if he does not alienate his customers, who pay the bills and send him millions of dollars in profit every year. Yes, he can do whatever he wants, but it is ill-advised to disregard customer unhappiness; especially now that it seems to be at an all-time high.

Regarding hiring people you are comfortable with. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as it also gives the paying customers a good product. Which is the point.