Official Press Conference Thread

scribo

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When asked if he had trouble getting people interested in the Bills HC job, Nix said he got 35-40 calls the first week, from names that would surprise people. Then he said "There's no such thing as trouble filling an NFL coaching job....Heck, even Oakland gets calls!"

PTR

You left out a portion.. What I heard was, "There's no such thing as trouble filling an NFL coaching job....even the bad teams... Heck, even Oakland gets calls!"

What I found interesting was Nix stating that the only person the HC job was offered to was Gailey. Not Cowher, or Shanahan? Does anyone else find that strange?

If he's defining "offering the job" as "this person actually took us seriously when we offered" then no..I don't find it strange.

Nix said he got 35-40 calls the first week, from names that would surprise people. !"

That doesn't mean that they are quality names... just surprises. It could have been calls from a bunch of CFL coaches, the groundskeepers at the Ralph, or Conan O'Brien

We are just !@#$ing around...calm down Mr. Politically correct.

We are just pissed off at this move and cracking tasteless jokes to try and vent.

Honestly and seriously I could care less that hes from the South....although I DO HIGHLY suspect the "ole boy" network drove this decision to hire Gailey. And that sucks.

No you're just another ignorant !@#$ that thinks that making fun of a southern accent is funny.

It doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you look stupid.

I give crap to Hicks as much as the next guy, but this is the first press conference I have enjoyed in years. My one major conern about Gailey was if he had the personality to be a head coach. He was sincere, motivational, and steered clear of most cliches. I can see him rallying the team before coming out of the tunnel. I think these two guys know football, and right now I'm not minding this confederate invasion on One Bills Drive.

No you're just another ignorant !@#$ that thinks that making fun of a southern accent is funny.

It doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you look stupid.

Making fun of a guy from california(RJ)...thats ok.

A guy with an Ivy League education....thats OK, too.

A fat guy (Wade)....no problem.

Old people.....Total permitted...and condoned

Making fun of a Southern Accent.....BAD!!!!!

Your making yourself look stupid.

Gee, this is where people come to get depressed.

I am going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt now. I loved what he had to say about fundamentals and blocking and tackling. I have a feeling we are finally going to fix our offensive and defensive lines. That is where you win games.

The Buffalo Bills stopped deserving the benefit of the doubt sometime around 2005

Are you seriously asking that question?

or are you just dumb?

....its one of the two.

I guess I haven't already decided this was a bad move and now looking for any crumb to back up my negativity. We get it. You hate it. You have two choices. Leave or stick around and see how it turns out. But reading the endless repetitive whining is boring. And if you are referring to the southern accents as "proof" then you are just a fool.

PTR

Making fun of a guy from california(RJ)...thats ok.

A guy with an Ivy League education....thats OK, too.

A fat guy (Wade)....no problem.

Making fun of a Southern Accent.....BAD!!!!!

Your making yourself look stupid.

let's drop it....EVERYONE.