"Bills Secure 4th Place Finish"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills win superbowl. Bills fans still pissed Cowher not hired.

Give me a break, the guy has not even done a single thing yet. his offense's have been good everywhere he goes. Hes been to the playoffs, been to the superbowl.

"But he sucks in the playoffs" We cant even get there. The pessimistic attitudes of some of you.

Let the guy at least get introdueced before we put another billboard up about getting him fired too.

Please. You probably wrote the exact same thing when Jauron got hired.

Please, what? And no, I didn't. I don't think I was on the board back then. But I did want to give Jauron a fair shot when he got hired. I don't see the problem with that. Too many "fans" are impossible to please. I'll save my "this was a terrible hire" posts if/when it's clear it was a terrible hire.

Please, what? And no, I didn't. I don't think I was on the board back then. But I did want to give Jauron a fair shot when he got hired. I don't see the problem with that. Too many "fans" are impossible to please. I'll save my "this was a terrible hire" posts if/when it's clear it was a terrible hire.

Shhhh logic is wayyyyyy overated

:wallbash:

Love to read all the pissing and moaning.

This just in: Levy wasn't a great x's and o's coach. His coordinators were nothing to write home about either. The best thing he did was keep egos in check. We got BADLY outcoached in every superbowl. HOF talent made Levy a HOF coach, not the other way around.

Remember you saw this hear first:

Ralph is having fun with yall. Strategically leaked rumors surrounding Chan Gailey have been distorted

Negotiations have been ongoing with Bill Cowher and the Bill's will announce him as their New Head Coach today at the 2PM press conference.

Chan Gailey has also joined the coaching staff as Offensive Coordinator

The Bufflo Bills, looking to break NFL record for consecutive seasons without a playoff appearance, took a major step in attaining that record with the hiring of Chan Gailey. A giddy Ralph Wilson proclaimed "we got our guy, with Chan at the helm we can continue this futility into a new decade." Wilson went on to say "giving the fans of Buffalo no hope is what I do, hopefully a new generation of young fans can experience more years of heartache." On a related note, Bills homers on the stadium wall message board, auditioned to fill the opening for Iraqi information minister created when Baghdad Bob was arrested. Timmy Johnson, of south Buffalo, stated "if I can put a positive spin on Chan Gailey, I wont have any problems telling the Iraqi people that the US Army was stopped at the border."

post_snapback.gifGive me a break, the guy has not even done a single thing yet. his offense's have been good everywhere he goes. Hes been to the playoffs, been to the superbowl.

This pretty much sums up Chan's career...

And worse... this sums up his last 8-9 years:

Gailey compiled six winning seasons in six years at the helm. However, he never defeated Tech's biggest rival, the University of Georgia, never won the ACC, never went to a BCS bowl, never won more than 9 games, and never finished in the top 25. The 2006 season was his most successful at Georgia Tech winning the ACC Coastal Division, but losing his last 3 games to rival UGA, Wake Forest in the ACC championship game and West Virginia in the Gator Bowl.

After a 7-5 2007 regular season and losing for the sixth straight year to the Georgia Bulldogs football team, it was announced on November 26, 2007 that Gailey had been dismissed and his $1 million/year contract bought out.

Gailey was hired on January 16, 2008 to become the offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs posting a 2-14 record. He was fired after three pre-season games in 2009 by head coach Todd Haley.

Marv Levy's NFL head coaching experience prior to taking over the Bills (at 61 years of age) ...

KC 1978 4 12 0 .250 5th in AFC West

KC 1979 7 9 0 .438 5th in AFC West

KC 1980 8 8 0 .500 3rd in AFC West

KC 1981 9 7 0 .563 3rd in AFC West

KC 1982 3 6 0 .333 4th in AFC West

I wonder what everyone was saying about Marv the day he was hired.

I wonder if all of these Bills fans had them dead in the water before he even coached one game.

He hasn't even assembled his staff, for God's sake.

Marv was lucky to have Bill Polian for a GM who drafted about 100 future hall of famers for him

Let's have some fun with this....

Give me your best positive spins on the current situation.

• Lots of closet fans of other teams will stop buying tickets giving better seat choices to those who are not quitting.
  • Lots of people who threatened to quit may actually do so. [The actual success rate is far lower than for those quitting cigarettes and it is likely they will be saying same thing at next change as well]
  • The traffic on the FAA site has gone done tremendously until the stalkers decide to start tracking flights of assistant coach interviews.

Head coach in place, let's start rebuilding this thing. Oh, sorry, did you want me to something negative about a guy who hasn't even introduced himself to the players yet? Sorry, the Bills are my team unless they move. I may not watch all the games, but I support my guys. 31 other choices, fellas.