Precursor to Move??

MVJim

Has anyone consider that the manner in which this coach search was conducted makes you feel like Buddy Nix was playing the role of Max Bialystock of the Producers movie in that the purpose of this charade was to have fans lose interest, cancel their season tickets, and give the ownership motivation to move? Buffalo was made to look like the "Raiders East" in that nobody wanted to come here and made us the laughing stock of the NFL circle.

The question is... "Was this done intentionally?" Now, I am definitely not a conspiracy hawk but as I observe this entire process where we first shoot for the moon (Shanahan and Cowher), then move on to top coordinators (Brian Schottenheimer, Leslie Frazier, Russ Grimm, Ron Rivera, etc), then on to college coach Jim Harbaugh and all with the exception of Frazier say thanks but no thanks. Even Perry Fewell did not stick around for the final outcome. And we end up with another re-tread in Chan Gailey to demoralize the fan base.

Reading this board and the survey which shows only 23% are in favor (both Truman and George W. Bush had better approval ratings than that) of hiring Chan Gailey. Now, with fans stating they are not renewing their tickets and some fans are done with the team period, does this not seem like a ploy for Ed Roski to take this team to LA? Interesting thought.

:w00t::wallbash:

Interesting thought.

Not really.

But it is nice to read this same bull **** idea every week since Flutie was on the team. It's so refreshing and it makes all the sense in the world. 10 frickin' years of this same conspiracy theory.

Yes, Ralph Wilson needs some elaborate scheme to weasel the Bills out of Buffalo, even though just two weeks ago he turned down an offer from Los Angeles. I mean it's not like he can't just call the moving vans and leave. He'd have to break his lease and that would cost him a couple hundred grand! :w00t:

PTR

If they wanted to move the team, they'd sell the team and move it. A difference of 10,000 season tickets isn't going to 'allow' that to happen. Why bother to drive away fans and make the product worth less?

If they wanted to keep costs at a minimum, they would have just kept Jauron.

Has anyone consider that the manner in which this coach search was conducted makes you feel like Buddy Nix was playing the role of Max Bialystock of the Producers movie in that the purpose of this charade was to have fans lose interest, cancel their season tickets, and give the ownership motivation to move? Buffalo was made to look like the "Raiders East" in that nobody wanted to come here and made us the laughing stock of the NFL circle.

The question is... "Was this done intentionally?" Now, I am definitely not a conspiracy hawk but as I observe this entire process where we first shoot for the moon (Shanahan and Cowher), then move on to top coordinators (Brian Schottenheimer, Leslie Frazier, Russ Grimm, Ron Rivera, etc), then on to college coach Jim Harbaugh and all with the exception of Frazier say thanks but no thanks. Even Perry Fewell did not stick around for the final outcome. And we end up with another re-tread in Chan Gailey to demoralize the fan base.

Reading this board and the survey which shows only 23% are in favor (both Truman and George W. Bush had better approval ratings than that) of hiring Chan Gailey. Now, with fans stating they are not renewing their tickets and some fans are done with the team period, does this not seem like a ploy for Ed Roski to take this team to LA? Interesting thought.

If you want to believe every rumor on espn, the internet, or twitter then that's your problem. How does anyone really know how Buddy conducted the search. Give him a chance.

Conspiracy theory? ... board survey?? :wallbash:

Not really.

But it is nice to read this same bull **** idea every DAY since Flutie was on the team. It's so refreshing and it makes all the sense in the world. 10 frickin' years of this same conspiracy theory.

FIXED,

but yet and still,

well said......well said :w00t:

yes and the US government intentionally blew up the WTC to go back into iraq...

Outside of the "conspiracy theory" rhetoric the team will eventually leave WNY. When is the lease on the Stadium up?

Although the OP was just a little carried away there it is only inevitable that the team leaves. Larger markets are available as population centers gain ground on the WNY region. It only makes good business sense both from the franchise level and the NFL operational level to do this. I am sure the Players Assoc. wouldn't mind either with the increase in funds to it from a larger fan base.

I mean, lets be realistic here people, pride and emotion put aside for a moment, this is a business albeit an entertainment business, but a business none the less.

You could be dangerous with a housefull of grain.

Outside of the "conspiracy theory" rhetoric the team will eventually leave WNY. When is the lease on the Stadium up?

Although the OP was just a little carried away there it is only inevitable that the team leaves. Larger markets are available as population centers gain ground on the WNY region. It only makes good business sense both from the franchise level and the NFL operational level to do this. I am sure the Players Assoc. wouldn't mind either with the increase in funds to it from a larger fan base.

I mean, lets be realistic here people, pride and emotion put aside for a moment, this is a business albeit an entertainment business, but a business none the less.

which larger markets that have the 2 million plus people buffalo has in their market and does not have a team yet besides los angeles?

the bills are not going anywhere. at least not before jacksonville, and possibly a few others.

which larger markets that have the 2 million plus people buffalo has in their market and does not have a team yet besides los angeles?

the bills are not going anywhere. at least not before jacksonville, and possibly a few others.

You got that right. If the Bills hire Chan Gailey, they're not leaving the basement of the AFC East. That's fo shizzle.

Next they are going to sign up Rick Vaughn to be QB, Willy Mays Hays to be WR, and Pedro Cerano to play DE.

They have no need to tank to move the team. He can just do it if he wants.

I respectfully disagree. This in normally how the Bills and RW go about hiring front office staff and coaches. If you look at the Bills history of hiring coaches you will notice that the Bills usually hire someone that RW trusts, or knows from the past, or is recommended from someone on RW's inner circle. The haphazzard fashion in which the coaching search is being conducted is normal for the Bills. As a fan, all you can do is hope that RW makes the correct choice this time. Time will tell. I am sick of missing the playoffs.

As stated numerous times throughout, oh, the last forty years or so, if Ralph wanted to either move the team, or sell the team to someone who would move it, he would've done it by now, without having to rely on any excuses for doing so.

Have these conspiracy theorists been living under a rock or in a bomb shelter for the last four decades?

Actually, before you post, you should look at the statistical projections for growth in the nations population centers combined with current numbers, not the 02 census numbers. There are a number of cities who are quite a bit larger population wise than Buffalo is at this time and they are continuing to grow.

Buffalo on the other hand, continues its exodus of people and the next census may actually shock a good number of people in this area, not only on how many have left, but on the age of those who remain. Sorry man, I was born and raised here myself, but the truth sometimes hurts.