Buffalo Bills Talent Evaluators

2010 Post Season Dudes that were either drafted or signed once upon a time by the BB's:

NJ Jets- Jim Leonhard (just got an interception)

Dallas- Duke Preston

Minnesota- Fat Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield

New Orleans- Pierson Prioleau, Jabari Greer, Anthony Hargrove

Phoenix- Mike Gandy

Baltimore- Willis My Man Applebees McGAYhee, Justin Bannan

Boston- Sam Aiken, Sammy Morris

Philthidelphia- Jon Dorenbros, Jason Peters (sucks)

Cincy- Shayne Graham- whom we were quick to cut

Not much on that list to like really. The bigger problem there is not the sheer number of players, it's the fact that the players they do hit on and are good (Winfield, Williams), they refuse to pay. So drafting well in their case doesn't do much when you refuse to pay market value for your own players.

2010 Post Season Dudes that were either drafted or signed once upon a time by the BB's:

Dallas- Duke Preston

Phoenix- Mike Gandy

You lost all credibility with the second mentioned.

I've always thought Modrak was pretty good. He had a very good reputation when he came here,I don't see why he would have suddenly got stupid when he got to Buffalo. I read somewhere that he was in charge of gathering player info and putting together the draft board. And that the final draft day decisions were the GM's duties. If that's the case,it would explain some of the high round draft picks that haven't panned out. I would like to see Modrak stay on,in some capacity,with Nix.

Dallas- Duke Preston

Phoenix- Mike Gandy

Why o why did we ever let them go.... (I guess I understand Hargrove with the roids and all)

Why o why did we ever let them go.... (I guess I understand Hargrove with the roids and all)

Jim Leonard is not a huge loss, I would take the DB's on the current Bills over him right now.

Jabari Greer and Antoine Winfield aren't as missed because there are some decent players that took their place.

Hargrove was a great cheerleader for the fans, and wouldhave been a great backup/reserve for the Bills d-line, but he wouldn't start here and wasn't missed much.

Sam Aiken isn't going to beat out Evans as a #1 and isn't goodenough to be a #1b or #2, he isn't really missed either except for maybe on special teams

Pat Williams is getting up there in age, but he is probably the only one that was actually missed

Isn't the fact that we let them go - and only a few purely for money reasons - discount the idea we have good talent people?

If we just had gotten one position right, we all might be making a very different series of posts this weekend.. If we have a QB, we might have been playing this weekend... I think there is a great deal of young talent on this team and I truely believe Marv messed things up just as badly as Danaho.. I like the last two drafts..It takes a while for rookies and second year players to develop... Pro personnel sucks though... badly, I think Guy should go and Modrack should stay... We all forget for all of these misses, there are solid young players these guys brought in at those same positions... Jackson,Kyle Williams,Steve Johnson( I like him), Wood, Butler, Byrd, Nelson, McKelvin, Wilson... There are even hold overs from Donaho like Schobel and McGee... Lets just see where things take us with a new coach... Very much looking forward to my Sundays being fun again... Go Bills!!!

What hurts is when good players leave and then having to use high draft picks to replace them. The Bills would be a much stronger team if they had retained some of these players (and others playing for non-playoff teams), which would have provided the flexibility to draft the best player available regardless of position rather than always drafting to fill positions of need.

I've always thought Modrak was pretty good. He had a very good reputation when he came here,I don't see why he would have suddenly got stupid when he got to Buffalo. I read somewhere that he was in charge of gathering player info and putting together the draft board. And that the final draft day decisions were the GM's duties. If that's the case,it would explain some of the high round draft picks that haven't panned out. I would like to see Modrak stay on,in some capacity,with Nix.

word is, Jauron made the final call on whom to take since we haven't had an actual GM since Donahoe was fired

Dallas- Duke Preston

Phoenix- Mike Gandy

Williams and Winfield date back to the Butler/AJ/Dwight Adams era. I don't think anyone believes they weren't good evaluators. Donahoe was hit and miss, but the personnel of this team really fell apart after his departure when Marvelous took over.

Jabari Greer is better than any corner on the Bills and that was apparent to anyone who watched him play the last couple of years. So what does the FO do? Let him go sign with NO for 5M and resign McGee for 7M or whatever he's getting. I like McGee, but the smart move would have been to resign Greer and see what you could get for McGee on the trade market last year.

word is, Jauron made the final call on whom to take since we haven't had an actual GM since Donahoe was fired

EVERYTHING HE DID, HE DID BADLY.

Really, without exception.

DJ is a clown.

Happy that Perry got the job that DJ was reportedly being considered for.

Dallas- Duke Preston

Phoenix- Mike Gandy

Please tell me you aren't serious with this list of players? There are like two studs on here, one debated stud and one addtional starter. The rest are tit suckers on good teams.

Jabari Greer is better than any corner on the Bills and that was apparent to anyone who watched him play the last couple of years. So what does the FO do? Let him go sign with NO for 5M and resign McGee for 7M or whatever he's getting. I like McGee, but the smart move would have been to resign Greer and see what you could get for McGee on the trade market last year.

at the time wasnt mcgee also acting as KR/PR guy? and a spectacularly good one at that (something we havent had since he was relieved of that duty, i mean how long as it been since we've had 1 or 2 kick return TD's?)