I am depressed

frogger

Not only because of the Bills

I think my girlfriend might be cheating on me, which would break my heart. This is honestly the first girl since my marriage died that I felt I could have a future with. Now she is hanging out with "friends" and I am suppose to be secure and not worry. Easier said than done. The last girl I loved had a long affair while we were married. Now this. Its hard to not have insecurity issues.

the company I work for was recently purchased by another company that is very similar, and I am not sure of my future at this place. They keep saying that I have a future there, but I don't really know.

My company also deducted 1500 out of yesterday's paycheck. They have no reason...yet. I asked them and they said they would look into it, which is great.

until today I didn't have TV or internet, because the idiots at Brighthouse decided to disconnect my service, I live in a townhouse, my TH is the only one with anyone living in it, the rest are vacant, and the tech decided to disconnect the entire building. So I've not been able to distracted myself at all. Until about an hour ago.

Sorry guys, I'm just feeling very alone at the moment, hence why I am telling a bunch a strangers this.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girls can drive us mad. The most important thing for me in any relationship is trust. If a girl I was dating cheated on me- !@#$ her. Trust is like virginity, once it's lost they can never get it back. Turn the page. Plenty of women out there. And there are plenty of great women that do not cheat. I have no time for a relationship if I cannot trust her. I feel your pain though. I dumped a girl a couple weeks ago and still kind of miss her, even though she could be a B word. But I love being single and there is tons of action out there

Any relationship comes down to one question "Is the Juice Worth the Squeeze". If its not worth the squeeze then just stop squeezing. So if you feel like she is cheating on you move on and let it go. If she isn't going to give you her loyalty then what can she give you (It goes both ways if you can't give a girl your loyalty then what can you give her).

Don't jump to conclusions but if you know she is cheating move on and find someone that is going to like you for who you are and what you have to offer.

Frogger: You're ahead of me, cause I still haven't allowed myself to get into a relationship since my marriage ended a while back. It's not an easy thing to establish and maintain trust in a relationship these days. I tell you what, though, I'm 100% with Pete on this one...if I can't trust the girl, she's gone. I will NOT live my life like that ever again. I'm not going to perpetually second guess my girlfriend, always being fixated on whether she's being true to me or not. On the flip side, while I can certainly understand why you have insecurity issues due to your past experience, this girl doesn't deserve to be affected by them. She deserves a fair shot, so make sure you're seeing things objectively as best as you can.

Yeah, breaking up sucks...it hurts like hell, and we've ALL been there, bro. But what Pete said about single is something you need to be reminded of over and over. Being a single male has a LOT of benefits, and it can be a great life if you make it that way. We don't NEED to be in relationships, so you should take your time to find the one where you are able to trust her without hesitation, and you don't have to sit there always wondering what she's doing. You never want to believe it or even think about it when you're in the relationship, but that doesn't change the fact that there really are a LOT of girls out there, and at least a few of them can be trusted :unsure:

Some people on here may give you crap about bringing this up on a message board, but don't even worry about it....your Bills brothers are here for you, man! :unsure:

PS. Don't sit around the house tonight....get out, call some bros, watch some football, drink some beer, and don't even worry about your woman.

You should pick up a copy of my new book titled "Hookers Are Cheaper than Children". Its a how to book to help people like yourself who have become disenchanted with women in similar situations like yourself.

I know we all seek out companionship, but sometimes, you might be better off without it. Good luck Frogger. Go to a bar and watch the game and maybe you'll meet a "friend" as you so eloquently put it.

--about the woman: make a hard and honest assessment about whether you are dating the same type of girl you married (and divorced). people tend to repeat relationship mistakes. if so, think about whether you really want to be with her or if you just don't want to be alone. also, if you are still hurting from your divorce, the LAST thing you should be looking for in a girl is "a future". you are not ready for "a future" until you are completely over your divorce, or its been 3 years, whichever is longer. you should be having fun at this stage, period.

--if your company was bought and it didn't result in an immidately promotion as they begin to merge operations, your resume should already be out on the street. make that your goal by the end of this weekend. there WILL be layoffs.

--if you are living in a building that no one else lives in.....maybe you should look to move.

Time to make some bold moves and get yourself to the other side of the pond frogger!

I think my girlfriend might be cheating on me, which would break my heart. This is honestly the first girl since my marriage died that I felt I could have a future with. Now she is hanging out with "friends" and I am suppose to be secure and not worry. Easier said than done. The last girl I loved had a long affair while we were married. Now this. Its hard to not have insecurity issues.

the company I work for was recently purchased by another company that is very similar, and I am not sure of my future at this place. They keep saying that I have a future there, but I don't really know.

My company also deducted 1500 out of yesterday's paycheck. They have no reason...yet. I asked them and they said they would look into it, which is great.

until today I didn't have TV or internet, because the idiots at Brighthouse decided to disconnect my service, I live in a townhouse, my TH is the only one with anyone living in it, the rest are vacant, and the tech decided to disconnect the entire building. So I've not been able to distracted myself at all. Until about an hour ago.

Sorry guys, I'm just feeling very alone at the moment, hence why I am telling a bunch a strangers this.

man I've been there. i was engaged to a chick about 7 years ago who was actually impregnated by the bass player of a christian hardcore band. Which felt about as surreal as it sounds. Although I felt she was tomcatting around, I am sort of glad i didn't confront her until I had proof (and what proof!). So yeah man, i feel for you.

I don't want to steal your thunder, but I can totally empathize about the whole depressed and alone thing. Yesterday I learned the girl I am marrying in may is being deployed to Afghanistan for a year in June.

I've found drinking heavily helps

man I've been there. i was engaged to a chick about 7 years ago who was actually impregnated by the bass player of a christian hardcore band. Which felt about as surreal as it sounds. Although I felt she was tomcatting around, I am sort of glad i didn't confront her until I had proof (and what proof!). So yeah man, i feel for you.

What does a Christian hardcore bass player tell you after he impregnates your girlfriend?.......Don't...Fret it.

Did you hear about the tune the Christian hardcore bass player wrote for Astro's girlfriend?.......It ended on...an Umbilical Chord.

Did you hear how the Christian hardcore bass player somehow impregnated Astro's girlfriend?......I guess they were using the....Rhythm..Method

Don't worry fellas...the Clipper knows your pain. Back in 1986 I found my wife in the back of the Aerostar with the Accordian player from my polka band. If you want unquestioned loyalty....go to the SPCA.

What does a Christian hardcore bass player tell you after he impregnates your girlfriend?.......Don't...Fret it.

Did you hear about the tune the Christian hardcore bass player wrote for Astro's girlfriend?.......It ended on...an Umbilical Chord.

Did you hear how the Christian hardcore bass player somehow impregnated Astro's girlfriend?......I guess they were using the....Rhythm..Method

Don't worry fellas...the Clipper knows your pain. Back in 1986 I found my wife in the back of the Aerostar with the Accordian player from my polka band. If you want unquestioned loyalty....go to the SPCA.

You know, I could have respected getting knocked up by the bass player from a normal hardcore band...but how do you even find a christian hardcore band? Man that was a terrible woman. She still owes me $1000 in back rent. I'm actually kind of glad it happened, weirdly enough. It forced me to grow up and view romantic relationships with a lot more common sense and maturity. it's almost healthy having that romantic comedy idealism smacked out of your head. I would have remained too superficial to appreciate the woman I am currently with if I wasn't horribly/hilariously betrayed by a needlessly serious college girlfriend.

You know, I could have respected getting knocked up by the bass player from a normal hardcore band...but how do you even find a christian hardcore band? Man that was a terrible woman. She still owes me $1000 in back rent. I'm actually kind of glad it happened, weirdly enough. It forced me to grow up and view romantic relationships with a lot more common sense and maturity. it's almost healthy having that romantic comedy idealism smacked out of your head. I would have remained too superficial to appreciate the woman I am currently with if I wasn't horribly/hilariously betrayed by a needlessly serious college girlfriend.

All my friends (Most college age) all get wrapped up into these relationships that they actually think that after 8 months that they are going to marry these girls :thumbsup: Wait it gets worse then when it all doesn't work out they get horribly depressed. This happens all the time I tell them don't get wrapped up just enjoy hanging out and having fun and don't worry about the future odds are it isn't going to work out so don't get too invested.

I am very objective when it comes to relationships at such a young age. If you find someone you enjoy hanging out with and is someone that you want to have sex with and will have sex with you then just enjoy that for as long as possible don't get wrapped up in all the BS. I know the reason a lot of guys I know get too emotionally invested too soon is because they don't think beyond the scope of the relationship.

If you think froward then its ridiculously clear that you shouldn't be thinking about marrying someone you have only been going out with for 8 months at the age of 20.

The Clipper Lives!

Sorry to hear that Frogger. It's part of the rollercoaster of life I guess. Some things that have helped me snap out of life's lows in the past are:

1. Activity. Workout, play sports, play music, or whatever you are into. If you don't have a physical hobby, find one. Exercise will heal the mind faster than any pill or drug. If you are already into a physical activity, dial it up a notch. Go on a diet, if you need to. These new goals will keep you focused, feeling better, and confident. It always works, if you push yourself.

2. Hang with friends and be social. Don't worry about having to go out and meet women, it will happen on its own. Do things with others and have a good time.

3.Move out of your place. The search will give you something to do and it could lift your spirits. Take the move serious too. Your home is important, be picky.

4. Understand that your job is not everything and you can't worry about the unknown. Don't sell yourself short either. If you give a full effort and can think on your feet, you are ahead of most. People like that are always a commodity there or somewhere else.

--about the woman: make a hard and honest assessment about whether you are dating the same type of girl you married (and divorced). people tend to repeat relationship mistakes. if so, think about whether you really want to be with her or if you just don't want to be alone. also, if you are still hurting from your divorce, the LAST thing you should be looking for in a girl is "a future". you are not ready for "a future" until you are completely over your divorce, or its been 3 years, whichever is longer. you should be having fun at this stage, period.

--if your company was bought and it didn't result in an immidately promotion as they begin to merge operations, your resume should already be out on the street. make that your goal by the end of this weekend. there WILL be layoffs.

--if you are living in a building that no one else lives in.....maybe you should look to move.

Time to make some bold moves and get yourself to the other side of the pond frogger!

Good post +1

My ex-wife is a filthy whore. I can feel your pain. If you're even remotely suspicious, call her out on it. Don't beat around the bush. Tell her you think she's out whoring around and that she needs to prove she's not. If she can't, kick her out. Let her new "friend" take her in.

I'm sorry some women out there just can't seem to get it. There are also us women out there who ARE trustworthy so don't lose hope. Give yourself time to heal but also don't totally shut yourself off to these trustworthy women that will come along. Best of luck to you!

I'm sorry some women out there just can't seem to get it. There are also us women out there who ARE trustworthy so don't lose hope. Give yourself time to heal but also don't totally shut yourself off to these trustworthy women that will come along. Best of luck to you!

:rolleyes:

Clip we miss you. How is heaven?? Glad to see they still tell jokes up there.