With half the injuries, we were at least a .500 team

Think about it. We had New England by the shorties. There's 6-10. How do you lose to Cleveland? That's 7-9. We could've beat Jax or at least one other of those games. 8-8.

This with an OL that had no tackles. No quarterback. No offense, really. 4th string linebackers. both corners gone. safeties gone. special teams rule changes.

I'm not certain Trent Edwards is a bust. Last year he had some great games. He was 25-30 v. San Diego, and beat Denver on the road. He was 4-0 till he got his head busted. We probably need a new QB. But we really need is a coach who has a plan. And an offensive line.

Look at the Jets. They've got 3 OL going to the Pro Bowl, and the number one defense in the league. And we beat them once, and lost by 6 the other time.

We are not that bad. We need some strength and conditioning to prevent injuries.

Look who's coming back from injury.

Think about it. We had New England by the shorties. There's 6-10. How do you lose to Cleveland? That's 7-9. We could've beat Jax or at least one other of those games. 8-8.

This with an OL that had no tackles. No quarterback. No offense, really. 4th string linebackers. both corners gone. safeties gone. special teams rule changes.

I'm not certain Trent Edwards is a bust. Last year he had some great games. He was 25-30 v. San Diego, and beat Denver on the road. He was 4-0 till he got his head busted. We probably need a new QB. But we really need is a coach who has a plan. And an offensive line.

Look at the Jets. They've got 3 OL going to the Pro Bowl, and the number one defense in the league. And we beat them once, and lost by 6 the other time.

We are not that bad. We need some strength and conditioning to prevent injuries.

Put Trent behind the Jets O-line and he is throwing for 18-25 for 225yds every game. the guy isnt bad but whne you have no time you DUMP THE BALL OFF. we need a freaking o-line...

Put Trent behind the Jets O-line and he is throwing for 18-25 for 225yds every game. the guy isnt bad but whne you have no time you DUMP THE BALL OFF. we need a freaking o-line...

AMEN AMEN

This team has some talent. It has some depth. This off season we need lots of help on both lines. Buddy and the New guy can be loved by all Bills fans with focusing on those two things.

.500 football.

WooHoo!!!!! Pop the champagne !!!

Who cares what it would have taken to be a .500 team? Instead, the attitude should be "what will it take to win the Superbowl NOW?" Not on a 5 year plan.

The teams that want to win it all NOW are the ones who fire 9-7 coaches with 3 years left on their contracts (gruden) because they arent winning the superbowl NOW. Those teams will do whatever it takes.

The bills will do whatever is reasonably priced to try to be competitive enough to fill the seats, and "well, if we can sneak into the playoffs, who knows what can happen."

Screw that. If we are making moves that arent designed to win the Superbowl THIS YEAR, then they are a waste of time. Of course I'm not stupid enough to not realize that this is not a superbowl team this year, but its the attitude. The commitment from RW on down. If its not there, you will have zero chance. Look at Rex Ryan. From day one, he was trying to win the Superbowl Right NOW. DJ was tryin to keep games within reach.

.500 football. Woohoo.

Amen to that

I believe Trent Edwards was trained in a west coast system at Stanford, I'm thinking a west coast head coach or OC could really help this young QB.

All teams go through injuries to key players every year (to varying degrees). The good teams overcome them and make the playoffs; the mediocre ones go 8-8. Part of being a great player is being durable. If you put Andre Johnson and Steve Smith in front of me, for instance, I will take AJ 100% of the time. Not because Smith isn't as supremely talented as Johnson (because he is), but because AJ hardly ever misses a game.

Fluke injuries (i.e. Poz's arm, Wood's leg) aside, the Bills suffer a boatload of injuries every year because most players on the Bills suck. The best strength and conditioning in the world won't help this bunch. While conditioning is important, of course, football injuries (at least most I've seen in person and on TV) are caused by bad technique/laziness. Most on the Bills suck, add on top bad coaching, that = f**k-load of injuries every year.

Draft a better squad + hire worth-a-**** coaches = less injuries next year.

Yeah, the injuries killed us.

But the reason we lost to New England is that they were simply better when they needed to be. We weren't very injured that early in the season.

It would be just as easy to look at the games we won and say "Man, we just scraped through in some of those. We could easily be 2 - 14.

It's an old cliche, but a good one - Parcells says "You're as good as your record says you are."

All teams go through injuries to key players every year (to varying degrees). The good teams overcome them and make the playoffs; the mediocre ones go 8-8. Part of being a great player is being durable. If you put Andre Johnson and Steve Smith in front of me, for instance, I will take AJ 100% of the time. Not because Smith isn't as supremely talented as Johnson (because he is), but because AJ hardly ever misses a game.

Fluke injuries (i.e. Poz's arm, Wood's leg) aside, the Bills suffer a boatload of injuries every year because most players on the Bills suck. The best strength and conditioning in the world won't help this bunch. While conditioning is important, of course, football injuries (at least most I've seen in person and on TV) are caused by bad technique/laziness. Most on the Bills suck, add on top bad coaching, that = f**k-load of injuries every year.

Draft a better squad + hire worth-a-**** coaches = less injuries next year.

If it's all bad technique, then how come the best players ever get injured? It should be all the lousy players getting hurt.

S&C is huge!!

IT'S ALL ABOUT TALENT !!....here are PRO BOWL players by TEAM.

1. St. Louis (1-15) - 1

2. Detroit (2-14) - 0

3. Tampa Bay (3-13) - 0

4. Washington (4-12) - 1

5. Kansas City (4-12) - 0

6. Seattle (5-11) - 0

7. Cleveland (5-11) - 2

8. Oakland (5-11) - 2

9. Buffalo (6-10) - 1

10/11. Chicago (7-9) - 1

10/11. Jacksonville (7-9) - 1

12. Miami (7-9) - 1

13. San Francisco (8-8) - 3

14. Denver (8-8) - 5

15. New York Giants (8-8) - 1

16/17. Carolina (8-8) - 2

16/17. Tennessee (8-8) - 1

18. Pittsburgh (9-7) - 2

19/20. Atlanta (9-7) - 4

19/20. Houston (9-7) - 4

21. Cincinnati (10-6) - 0

22. New England (10-6) - 5

23. Green Bay (11-5) - 4

24. Philadelphia (11-5) - 6

25. Baltimore (9-7) - 5

26. New York Jets (9-7) - 4

27. Arizona (10-6) - 4

28. Dallas (11-5) - 6

29. Minnesota (12-4) - 8

30. New Orleans (13-3) - 5

31. San Diego (13-3) - 5

32. Indianapolis (14-2) - 6

IT'S ALL ABOUT TALENT !!....here are PRO BOWL players by TEAM.

1. St. Louis (1-15) - 1

2. Detroit (2-14) - 0

3. Tampa Bay (3-13) - 0

4. Washington (4-12) - 1

5. Kansas City (4-12) - 0

6. Seattle (5-11) - 0

7. Cleveland (5-11) - 2

8. Oakland (5-11) - 2

9. Buffalo (6-10) - 1

10/11. Chicago (7-9) - 1

10/11. Jacksonville (7-9) - 1

12. Miami (7-9) - 1

13. San Francisco (8-8) - 3

14. Denver (8-8) - 5

15. New York Giants (8-8) - 1

16/17. Carolina (8-8) - 2

16/17. Tennessee (8-8) - 1

18. Pittsburgh (9-7) - 2

19/20. Atlanta (9-7) - 4

19/20. Houston (9-7) - 4

21. Cincinnati (10-6) - 0

22. New England (10-6) - 5

23. Green Bay (11-5) - 4

24. Philadelphia (11-5) - 6

25. Baltimore (9-7) - 5

26. New York Jets (9-7) - 4

27. Arizona (10-6) - 4

28. Dallas (11-5) - 6

29. Minnesota (12-4) - 8

30. New Orleans (13-3) - 5

31. San Diego (13-3) - 5

32. Indianapolis (14-2) - 6

and what if the 6 indy guys all ended the year on IR? we got a glimpse of that here when they sat their starters and geez even we whipped them.

Get rid of half of the bone-headed miscues (McFumble/Parrish) and league leading penalties and we were a .500 team.

and what does that do for you??? I have spent the early part of the decade saying look 3-13 a couple of the close games we could have been 7-9, 6-10 oh well if we won this game and that one we would have been 8-8, oh 9-7 if we only beat the steelers scrubs we would be 10-6. etc...the reality is is that we are what the record indicates. You could be 13-3 and oh shucks, we lost that game by two points ands this one in ot, we were really 15-1...

This is old...we are a 6-10 team...I actually think we might be a little worse than that

Safeties gone? Corners gone?

Take a second look at our pass defense--it wasn't that bad. In fact, take a look at the entire IR list--especially mid- season. not every guy is a starter (or any good as a starter--e.g., Ellison).

"Special teams rule changes"??? WTF? Were the rule changes just for the Bills? STs are only as good as their personnel (there is little "coaching" being done here, April worshippers). We have no one who can return punts.

"How do you liose to Cleveland?" We do it every year. How do you reclaim that win this year?

How many starting quality tackles did we have on the line on opening day? We were 7-9 last year with a much better o-line than we started with this year--before the injuries.