B Schottenheimer declines interview

FluffHead

The denial from other candidates is making the Billick option more attractive. Not because he may be the only one left... but because he would come with a huge chip on his shoulder. Always a big motivator. The Coach nobody wanted with the organization nobody wanted... starting to look like a nice marriage.

we just got rid of that guy. :thumbdown:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The denial from other candidates is making the Billick option more attractive. Not because he may be the only one left... but because he would come with a huge chip on his shoulder. Always a big motivator. The Coach nobody wanted with the organization nobody wanted... starting to look like a nice marriage.

This is the guy I wanted from the begining..... Why hasn't he been interviewed yet??

Before everyone panics, we should keep in mind B. Shotty's father is good friends with our GM. Meaning, he certainly has some inside info on the search and the conditions of the hire. Wait, I guess we should panic.

Seriously. When someone who's worked with Nix himself not to mention Schotty I's history with Nix refuses to talk you gots to wonder.

He doesnt want to leave NY period. Nothing to do with anything else.

Why would he want to be and remain an Offensive Coordinator!?? If you think this organization as constructed with the people in charge and our roster have nothing to do with his refusal your delusional!

that sucks. oh well. Can't say I blame Schott. In today's NFL if you don't win in your first year you could be toast. On the other hand if the Jets' fortunes turn for the worst, the window for HC opportunities can be shut just as quickly. However, I'm sure that issue is balanced out by his last name.

He doesnt want to leave NY period. Nothing to do with anything else.

That makes a lot of sense. He interviewed for the Jets head coaching job last year and obviously didn't get it. Yet he stayed on to coach. If you had any pride, you would have left. He just sounds like a guy who is happy to be an assistant. That is definitely not a guy we need here. and it's not like we talking about some offensive genius here either. his gameplan is just run the ball behind a great oline and keep his QB from passing. Not too hard.

That makes a lot of sense. He interviewed for the Jets head coaching job last year and obviously didn't get it. Yet he stayed on to coach. If you had any pride, you would have left. He just sounds like a guy who is happy to be an assistant. That is definitely not a guy we need here. and it's not like we talking about some offensive genius here either. his gameplan is just run the ball behind a great oline and keep his QB from passing. Not too hard.

Of course it couldnt possibly be that this is a bottom 5 job in the nfl...that has NOTHING to do with it. :thumbdown:

plus he's a really young coach. He may want to actually finish building something before taking off.

I mentioned this a few days ago, it is absolutely crazy to me how many people have blatantly turned down the opportunity to coach for the Bills. A few posters rejected my opinion and said that until the playoffs are over, there is no way to tell who is and who is not interested.

Well, THIS rejection shows that B. Schott isn't interested now or after the Jets lose to the Chargers. And, its true, IMO he isn't even one of the top OC's in the league. He has a big name, the best O-line in football, 3 top RBs and Braylon Edwards. And they still lost to the Bills.

I also stated in the past that in reality, the opportunity to coach the Bills should seem more palpable to potential coaches.

But the perception around the league is that it is a terrible franchise to work for. A place where careers go to die. Ralph's chickens are finally coming home to roost.

:thumbdown:

The NFL has turned into a real snobby p u s s y league, what happened to coaches and player that would love to be in a REAL football town?

Now they all want to go to warm weather cities with a night life and spas and all the other fruity crap these modern day warriors crave. Players, Coaches, pussies.