Grimm not out of picture.

Buffalo 66

Like I have said, Bills will have first shot at ANY Coordinator they want. Not a bad position to be in and I would like to see how the Grimm interview goes.

Grimm

Schottenheimer

whoever else might be a good fit

Any way you look at, Ralph will have to throw extra $$ out there to get them but at least they should be legit gamers. This might be the only year the Bills have the luxury to pick who they want (while Ralph is Owner) so they better get it right.

Arizona’s Grimm given permission to talk to Bills [5:29 PM]

AP reports: '“I don’t know what the time schedule is on that,” Grimm said. “I’m not really worried about it right now. I’ve got a few important things to take care of first.”'

Blantant disrespect of the Bills in my opinion. Im so sick of this kind of attitude and rhetoric towards the Buffalo Bills. What does freakin' Russ Grimm have thats more important than the opportunity to become a head coach in the National Football League? If im RW,BN,or RB , and read this comment from a potential candidate , I would immediately remove his name from contention.........Fuc*ing Russ Grimm.

AP reports: '“I don’t know what the time schedule is on that,” Grimm said. “I’m not really worried about it right now. I’ve got a few important things to take care of first.”'

Blantant disrespect of the Bills in my opinion. Im so sick of this kind of attitude and rhetoric towards the Buffalo Bills. What does freakin' Russ Grimm have thats more important than the opportunity to become a head coach in the National Football League? If im RW,BN,or RB , and read this comment from a potential candidate , I would immediately remove his name from contention.........Fuc*ing Russ Grimm.

To be fair, he has to prepare for a game this weekend.

Couldn't agree more. He should totally ignore preparing for Arizona's game and give sole attention to the Bill's. Show them the respect they deserve!

PS why does it seem that there's a inverse proportion between the number of posts a person makes and the stupidity of the posts?

He should ignore his responsiblities of the current team that employs his to interview for a job he may not get??? That's really the type of character you look for? If anything, I respect Grimm more for it. He just needs to tell the Bills if his interest is real or not. But to trash a guy for helping his team prepare for a plyoff game is kinda insane.

This is a terrible on idea on paper, he is currently in charge of Arizona's run game and offensive line. Aren't these the two worst areas of the team, that have had a terrible time running and their line is as bad as Buffalo's at times. He doesn't call any plays so why do we want him. I'm sure it's something to do with Pittsburgh and Cowher's greatness rubbing off, you can see how well that has worked with Billicheks(sp?) assistants.

Sign B-Shots and lets roll!!!

He's got a team he wants to help get to the super bowl. Blatant disrespect is a lil harsh

Look, Steve. Grimm is employed as an assistant head coach of a team which is in the playoffs and has a game this week. The Bills have not even scheduled an interview with him. Grimm has a long time association with his head coach, Ken Whisenhunt. His colleagues and his players are depending on him to focus on the task at hand. His current situation demands nothing but total commitment to his present employer.

I don't know how old you are or what line of work you're in but Grimm's behavior is totally justifiable and correct. I would have a lot less respect for him if he was expressing any more interest than he has. The state of his career is something that will be addressed over the next few weeks but for now it is nothing but a distraction. If the Bills are really interested in him (even by default, where all their higher candidates say no), they will arrange an interview with Grimm at Grimm's scheduling and geographic convenience, as per the NFL protocol for hiring coaches whose teams are in the playoffs.

Do you expect someone with such high responsibility with a team playing a high stakes game to adopt a "one foot out the door" attitude?

Be real.

I hope Grimm gets a real shot. I don't want him for his offensive prowess, I want him because he's a leader with a strong personality. You can bring in any coordinators, but the HC needs to set the tone and Grimm will bring a toughness that this team hasn't seen since the 90's.

Can somebody explain why Grimm is being considered as a head coach as only an O-line position coach? Why has he never been promoted to O Coordinator? Since he's never run an offense or defense, how does anybody know if he'd be a good coach?

I hope Grimm gets a real shot. I don't want him for his offensive prowess, I want him because he's a leader with a strong personality. You can bring in any coordinators, but the HC needs to set the tone and Grimm will bring a toughness that this team hasn't seen since the 90's.

His leadership skills have led to one of the worst rushing attacks in the league, he is the running game and O-line coach guru in Arizona.

People like him because he looks the part and his name is always mentioned every time a coaching spot opens up.

Krumrie was a badass player and tough guy but I wouldn't want him running my organization.

Wow. This board never ceases to amaze.

Can somebody explain why Grimm is being considered as a head coach as only an O-line position coach? Why has he never been promoted to O Coordinator? Since he's never run an offense or defense, how does anybody know if he'd be a good coach?

It's sounds crazy, but I'm not really sure that's a requirement for this guy. Harbaugh is doing it in Baltimore and Levy did it here. Here are my favorite Grimm stories.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/...ards-grimm.html

"Grimm is old school and demanding but has created a close-knit group that has adopted the coach's philosophy. They have been schooled to understand their position is not for those seeking fame and glory, but for stoic men content with anonymity and a job well done."

http://www.examiner.com/x-450-Washington-R...kins-head-coach

"...I remember going to training camp up in Carlisle in 1992, Grimm's first year as an assistant to Gibbs. Just prior to practice players were milling around the end zone catting and joking around. Out of nowhere a huge Ford Bronco--not the little one the big curb stomping mini-monster truck-- drives up right into the middle of end zone. Players scatter and stare. Grimm steps out of the driver's seat, pulls a wad of chewing tobacco from his mouth, chucks it to the ground and says "let's hit it." The players jumped to attention and got to practicing. "