The HELL with the coaching search...

We won't get Bill Cowher because Ralph won't let the chef make his stew without generic ingredients? Reports say that the sticking point with negotiations are that Cowher wants a commitment(financially) to the roster he wants to erect and Ralph won't commit to the terms. WTF? I'm ready to talk draft now. I hope it goes this way for the first couple of rounds: immediate impact player(don't care what position) at #9, OL/DL, OL/DL. The number 9 pick in the draft should be someone that can help you right away and not a project, then you have to have big boys with the other 2 picks. Build the foundation first then get your QB of the future if he's not on the roster already.

We won't get Bill Cowher because Ralph won't let the chef make his stew without generic ingredients? Reports say that the sticking point with negotiations are that Cowher wants a commitment(financially) to the roster he wants to erect and Ralph won't commit to the terms. WTF? I'm ready to talk draft now. I hope it goes this way for the first couple of rounds: immediate impact player(don't care what position) at #9, OL/DL, OL/DL. The number 9 pick in the draft should be someone that can help you right away and not a project, then you have to have big boys with the other 2 picks. Build the foundation first then get your QB of the future if he's not on the roster already.

CAN'T TALK WHAT PLAYER FITS THE BILLS TILL WE KNOW WHO THE COACH IS!!!!!! Player and schemes matter with most selections.

CAN'T TALK WHAT PLAYER FITS THE BILLS TILL WE KNOW WHO THE COACH IS!!!!!! Player and schemes matter with most selections.

Absolutely true; however, McClain (LB from Alabama) would fit in any scheme, and he should be available with our first pick. The Bills then need to only draft OL/DL the rest of the draft!

Seriously...even as bad as Buffalo is at drafting, you have to be bound to get one solid player between rounds 2-7 if you draft the same position over and over.

From the Rochester paper today (Bob Matthews column):

A check of 67 mock online drafts of various quality Monday revealed.....the most popular choices for the Bills were Oklahoma OT Trent William, Rutgers OT Anthony Davis and Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga. Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant, Maryland OT Joe Campbell, Florida CB Joe Haden, Clausen and Bradford also received multiple mentions. ... WARNING: At this early stage of last year's mock draft epidemic, the No. 1 pick for the Bills was Penn State DE-LB Aaron Maybin.

Absolutely true; however, McClain (LB from Alabama) would fit in any scheme, and he should be available with our first pick. The Bills then need to only draft OL/DL the rest of the draft!

Seriously...even as bad as Buffalo is at drafting, you have to be bound to get one solid player between rounds 2-7 if you draft the same position over and over.

Agree x 2.

Not to be argumentative, but value is actually what matters the most. The most valuable positions in the game are QB and LT; coincidentally, these are both huge areas of need for Buffalo. It would be a twisted crime if one of the top 2 QBs or LTs are on the board and we don't pounce. If they're not, however, the best-player-available-route is the way to go. This team isn't good enough to be overly choosy.

Just my 1 cent.