From Allen Wilson's chat today

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something also to note in that chat...Guy's contract is up in May, which may be why we haven't fired him yet. Just collect your pay for the next few months and we just won't renew.

I like it... so he's fired then? No, no, they just fixed the clich. He's no longer getting paid. So, it'll just work itself out in time, less confrontation that way. :wallbash:

[Comment From Erik Erik : ]

Is anything actually going to "change" with Buddy Nix as GM? We still have Modrak and John Guy on staff, who are responsible for Langston Walker, Dockery, Whitner over Ngata, Marshawn Lynch, etc...

Monday January 11, 2010 12:06 Erik

12:08

First of all, we don't know if Modrak and Guy are returing (Guy's contract is up in May). Also, Guy brought in Walker and Dockery because that's who the team wanted. And Guy certainly didn't make the Bills give those guys those huge contracts. The drafts were as much an organizational call as they were Modrak's. It should be noted though that he wanted Brian Cushing over Aaron Maybin.

Sad. Cushing would've made it one of the best Bills' drafts in years. What a debacle.

I wouldn't call it a total debacle, we did end up with Byrd, Wood, Levitre, Nelson, Harris and Lankster out of that deal. You're right, Cushing would have made it amazing...but missing on him isn't a debacle.

Sad. Cushing would've made it one of the best Bills' drafts in years. What a debacle.

Look on the bright side. If they had drafted Cushing, Bills may have actually won some more games earlier in the year, and Wilson may not have canned Jauron. :wallbash:

I'd say in the end, it worked out in fans' favor.

"First of all, we don't know if Modrak and Guy are returing (Guy's contract is up in May). Also, Guy brought in Walker and Dockery because that's who the team wanted. And Guy certainly didn't make the Bills give those guys those huge contracts. The drafts were as much an organizational call as they were Modrak's. It should be noted though that he wanted Brian Cushing over Aaron Maybin."

if this is true......then Modrak did his job.....and as it turns out, did it well as Cushing is AP's defensive rookie of the year.

jauron is an idiot.

Let me go on record by saying that Tom Modrak has never, ever, been the problem for the Buffalo Bills when it comes to drafting talent to bring in to the organization. Tom Modrak is a well respected, highly regarded talent evaluator, that quite frankly should have been named GM for the Bills in 2006 over Levy and 2008 over Brandon.

As GM in Philadelphia, he was responsible for - Andy Reid, Leslie Frazier, Jim Johnson, Donavan McNabb, Jeremiah Trotter, Tra Thomas, Ike Reese, John Welbourn, Derrick Burgess, Correll Buckhalter, signing Jon Runyan, and the list could go on. Jeff Lurie, the Eagles owner, wanted to sign Tom Modrak to a long term contract in 2000 - 2001, but Tom Modrak was undecided on what he wanted to do. Lurie decided not to wait any longer, allowed for TM (Tom Modrak) contract to run its course, then elevated Andy Reid to Coach/GM.

Here in Buffalo, the list of players he wanted to draft but ended up being over ruled on doesn't stop with Cushing. Read the following list of players whom he wanted to draft but was over ruled on:

2002 - TM wanted Bryant Mckinnie or John Henderson. Tom Donahoe drafts Mike Williams.

2004 - TM wanted Vince Wilfork with the 2nd #1. Tom Donahoe drafts JP Losman.

2006 - TM wanted either of the following: Haloti Ngata, Jay Cutler, Chad greenway. Marv Levy drafts Donte Whitner.

2007 - TM begged and pleaded for the Bills to trade up 5 spots to draft either Adrian peterson or Patrick Willis, Levey drafts Marshawn.

I think Tom Modrak will stay in Buffalo as some sort of College Talent Evaluator.

Clay Matthews Jr. could have been considered a 1-year wonder, and did pretty well in GB. And he's smaller than Maybin. I have to think that the holdout and playing him at DE, when he should have been playing LB'er (until he got bigger and stronger), were huge factors working against him. But time will tell.

Let me go on record by saying that Tom Modrak has never, ever, been the problem for the Buffalo Bills when it comes to drafting talent to bring in to the organization. Tom Modrak is a well respected, highly regarded talent evaluator, that quite frankly should have been named GM for the Bills in 2006 over Levy and 2008 over Brandon.

As GM in Philadelphia, he was responsible for - Andy Reid, Leslie Frazier, Jim Johnson, Donavan McNabb, Jeremiah Trotter, Tra Thomas, Ike Reese, John Welbourn, Derrick Burgess, Correll Buckhalter, signing Jon Runyan, and the list could go on. Jeff Lurie, the Eagles owner, wanted to sign Tom Modrak to a long term contract in 2000 - 2001, but Tom Modrak was undecided on what he wanted to do. Lurie decided not to wait any longer, allowed for TM (Tom Modrak) contract to run its course, then elevated Andy Reid to Coach/GM.

Here in Buffalo, the list of players he wanted to draft but ended up being over ruled on doesn't stop with Cushing. Read the following list of players whom he wanted to draft but was over ruled on:

2002 - TM wanted Bryant Mckinnie or John Henderson. Tom Donahoe drafts Mike Williams.

2004 - TM wanted Vince Wilfork with the 2nd #1. Tom Donahoe drafts JP Losman.

2006 - TM wanted either of the following: Haloti Ngata, Jay Cutler, Chad greenway. Marv Levy drafts Donte Whitner.

2007 - TM begged and pleaded for the Bills to trade up 5 spots to draft either Adrian peterson or Patrick Willis, Levey drafts Marshawn.

I think Tom Modrak will stay in Buffalo as some sort of College Talent Evaluator.

This is one helluva post. I gotta ask you where you get your information from. Not denying its veracity, but just wondering where it comes from.