John Fox - ESPN Diss on Buffalo

Virgil

Before I start, let me just say that i'm at work and can't cut and paste links to websites. However, right on ESPN's homepage is a story about John Fox being able to opt out of his contract if he wants to.

Within this story it says that nothing has opened for him, except Buffalo, which he has absolutely no interest in.

Now, I don't if this has been said before or not, but WTF? Is this his words, was their an interview, have we even spoken to him. And if it is from him, who the crap does he think he is where he is too good for us?

I take this in a couple of ways. Either A)John Fox can suck it. B) We are in really big trouble if we are that negatively viewed as a potential head coach job that we can't get a guy who could've been fired. C) F*ck ESPN and their assumative reporting.

Before I start, let me just say that i'm at work and can't cut and paste links to websites. However, right on ESPN's homepage is a story about John Fox being able to opt out of his contract if he wants to.

Within this story it says that nothing has opened for him, except Buffalo, which he has absolutely no interest in.

Now, I don't if this has been said before or not, but WTF? Is this his words, was their an interview, have we even spoken to him. And if it is from him, who the crap does he think he is where he is too good for us?

I take this in a couple of ways. Either A)John Fox can suck it. B) We are in really big trouble if we are that negatively viewed as a potential head coach job that we can't get a guy who could've been fired. C) F*ck ESPN and their assumative reporting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4813290

No it says"Fox appears unwilling to go there",not that he has absolutely no interest.

He is making good money now, had a solid D and one of the best rushing attacks in the league. If it wasn't for Jake, they easily would have made the playoffs. He should dump all that to come to the Bills?? Why???

I recall a Dick Jauron lead Bills team beating the Panthers in Carolina this year, you really want him? Had he pulled the plug on Delhomme earlier, the Panthers probably make a push for the playoffs. The Bills don't need another guy in here that is late to making changes that are obvious to most.

It drives me nuts that ESPN repeatedly takes shots at Buffalo, maybe the Bills have no interest in Fox at his salary.

I'm with you on this one, and feel that choice 'A' is also a good answer to Holmgren's "NO" and Cowher's goofy tactics at this point.

I am also losing a tremendous amount of respect for all of these coaching candidates, as they all apparently want everything handed to them and be in place when they arrive (franchise QB, offensive line, etc). In today's Buffalo News piece, Cowher is listed as wanting a team with a QB already in place.

I mean, the reason a job even becomes available is because the team that did the firing is in need of change and does not have the pieces to compete. With the exception of the Tony Dungy firing in Tampa (and perhaps his hiring in Indy), seldom does a new coach walk into a situation already in place.

To me, BUILDING the program into a winner is often more exciting than having one already in place.

Just read the article, and it could be pure conjecture on the part of ESPN. Then again, with our track record thus far, it does not seem so far fetched.

It really makes me mad, however, that these coaches would shun the Bills and look down on them like they are garbage.

It does say something about the team's management structure as viewed by the rest of the league, and I sincerely hope that the Nix to GM and Brandon to CEO make the needed change.

I'm also hoping for a Guy and Modrak firing to come soon.

That being said, I am hoping that the next coach we find is the 'real deal'; whether he be a known name or an assistant or a college coach. And then I hope that we never let up on the gas pedal and smoke all of these teams led by these cowardly coaches who want everything handed to them before they sign on the line.

Schefter actually said "Fox appears unwilling to go there."

You said "except Buffalo, which he has absolutely no interest in."

Do you see the problem? I believe Sesame Street said "One of these things is not like the other. One of these things is not the same."

I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but your paraphrase added layers of meaning that simply weren't there. People on these boards do it all the time, and firestorms get started over misunderstandings. Why don't you just quote exactly next time? Please ....

Schefter actually said "Fox appears unwilling to go there."

You said "except Buffalo, which he has absolutely no interest in."

Do you see the problem? I believe Sesame Street said "One of these things is not like the other. One of these things is not the same."

I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but your paraphrase added layers of meaning that simply weren't there. People on these boards do it all the time, and firestorms get started over misunderstandings. Why don't you just quote exactly next time? Please ....

Like I said, I'm at work and can't copy and paste. I told you where it was and even said in a later post that I put what I remembered. What more do you need man? Where should I send the written apology? And honestly, please explain the difference between him having no interest in coming here and him be unwilling to come here? Please let me know, cause besides a literaly definition with implied tone, I got nothing.

Also, I said that there are different ways to take the article, which was the point. Why not look at the idea of the post, and not wax semantics.

This was, in no way a "We signed Cowher" Thread based off a rumor that he is looking for a job.

Like I said, I'm at work and can't copy and paste. I told you where it was and even said in a later post that I put what I remembered. What more do you need man? Where should I send the written apology? And honestly, please explain the difference between him having no interest in coming here and him be unwilling to come here? Please let me know, cause besides a literaly definition with implied tone, I got nothing.

Also, I said that there are different ways to take the article, which was the point. Why not look at the idea of the post, and not wax semantics.

This was, in no way a "We signed Cowher" Thread based off a rumor that he is looking for a job.

I wasnt trying to be sarcastic i just was pointing out that Fox doesnt sound interested either.Ralphs micromanaging

cheapness and meddeling have finally caught up to him.Nobody seems interested in this job. -_-