In your Mind..Who are the best OLT's available?

Probably Marcus McNeill (SD) and Donald Penn (TB). But if there is no cap, and it looks like there won't be, they wont be UFA's and will likely be tendered at the 1st round level, if not more. As for drafting one, there is no stud in this year's draft. That's why I wanted them to play Levitre at LT.

Probably Marcus McNeill (SD) and Donald Penn (TB). But if there is no cap, and it looks like there won't be, they wont be UFA's and will likely be tendered at the 1st round level, if not more. As for drafting one, there is no stud in this year's draft. That's why I wanted them to play Levitre at LT.

yep...what he said.....

Marcus McNeill, San Diego Chargers (26)

McNeill isn’t playing at an elite level this year, but is still an above average left tackle. He’s one of the “bigger” names at the left tackle position thanks to his spectacular and deservedly-hyped rookie season. McNeill has also been undercompensated the last few years playing on his rookie contract as a 2nd round pick, which may incline him to ask for more money than he “deserves.” Any of the Chargers could feasibly be had this offseason and McNeill is no different, but with some of the offensive line woes of the Chargers, McNeill may be one of their top priorities. His long-term neck and back problems could be in the back of the team’s mind as well.

Jared Gaither, Baltimore Ravens (24) – Restricted FA

After being taken off the field on a stretcher in New England, Gaither luckily suffered no season or career threatening injury. His return to the field has helped the Ravens a little, but never really regained his level of play prior to the hit. The offensive line, Gaither included, has been one of many reasons for the team’s downhill turn. Still, with him on one side and impressive rookie Michael Oher on the other, the Ravens have found their bookend tackles. Even if the team and Gaither can’t settle on a long-term deal this offseason, they still have the ability to put a tender on him. At the very least, it would force teams to give up serious compensation for his services. Gaither’s length and athleticism are the ideal mold of a modern day left tackle.

Donald Penn, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (27)

Penn is one of the more underrated left tackles in football today and will be one of many talented offensive linemen set to become unrestricted free agents this year. While Penn hasn’t had his best season this year, he has proven in the pass to be one of truly balanced left tackles. Penn has done a nice job in the past of keeping the blindside clean of pressure and the Buccaneers have done a nice job this year running over left tackle. The Buccaneers should try to re-sign him quickly because a young left tackle on the market may see some high-end coin.

Jermon Bushrod, New Orleans Saints (26) – Restricted FA

The Saints called upon Jermon Bushrod to play left tackle the entire year after placing Jammal Brown to the IR due to a hip injury and a sports hernia. Bushrod has done a commendable job replacing the All-Pro Brown, who has a voidable contract at the end of this season. If Brown decides to become a free agent, the Saints would have an interesting choice. Brown will be coming off an injury and will ask for significant money, but has played at a Pro Bowl level whereas Bushrod is the younger, cheaper option with upside. Both of these players are talented enough and good enough to play left tackle on many teams.

I'd say that Jason Peters fella from Philly. It may cost a pretty penny, but he has a history of wanting to move after a pro bowl selection, so he may be ripe for the picking. Plus, if we get him, he won't have to face Demarcus Ware unless we're in the Super Bowl... :ph34r:

First who are the best FA's we should target???

Who would you draft if we fail to land quality FA OLT??

if we're preparing for an uncapped year, i'd say our best best is through the draft. There may not be an absolute standout coming out, but you will have good quality guys. (okung, campbell, etc.)

I'd give a 1st rounder for McNeil. Or maybe a 2nd rounder for Penn.

Uh, no. A steaming soft pile of waste of 10 million dollars a year. There's a lot of revisionism around here by people who don't actually watch Eagles games.

I don't watch the Iggles much.

Has he looked like he's playing with a pocketful of potato chips?

Here is a somewhat current list (as of Dec 1st) of FA OTs available. This list is under the assumption that there is no collective bargaining agreement (so guys like Penn, McNeil are not listed as UFAs). Now obviously this list increases once teams start releasing players, but the pickings are pretty slim.

Chad Clifton

Damion Cook

Mike Gandy

Brandon Gorin

Cornell Green

Jon Jansen

Levi Jones

Damion McIntosh

Tony Pashos

Ephraim Salaam

Barry Sims

Wade Smith

Mark Tauscher

Ryan Tucker

Langston Walker

Mike Williams

The only players I like out of that list are Wade Smith (who fluctuates between OT and OG, but really looked good blocking for Jamaal Charles this year), Tony Pashos and Levi Jones (who started to get his feet back underneath him towards the end of the season)

Here is a somewhat current list (as of Dec 1st) of FA OTs available. This list is under the assumption that there is no collective bargaining agreement (so guys like Penn, McNeil are not listed as UFAs). Now obviously this list increases once teams start releasing players, but the pickings are pretty slim.

Chad Clifton

Damion Cook

Mike Gandy

Brandon Gorin

Cornell Green

Jon Jansen

Levi Jones

Damion McIntosh

Tony Pashos

Ephraim Salaam

Barry Sims

Wade Smith

Mark Tauscher

Ryan Tucker

Langston Walker

Mike Williams

The only players I like out of that list are Wade Smith (who fluctuates between OT and OG, but really looked good blocking for Jamaal Charles this year), Tony Pashos and Levi Jones (who started to get his feet back underneath him towards the end of the season)

Looks like we are going hope we can fix the problem with a draft pick

I'd give a 1st rounder for McNeil. Or maybe a 2nd rounder for Penn.

McNeill hasn't been nearly as dominant as he was his rookie year. I wouldn't give-up the 9th overall pick for him.

It is criminal that Oher and Ngata are not on the Bills roster.

Ngata was a really bad miss. Oher OTOH isn't a LT and the Bills had/have a RT in Brad Butler.