Wilson updates AP on Bills coaching search

Wow.

"You'd have to ask him."??

That's the story? "Wilson unsure if Cowher interested in Bills job."

Other than the unintentional hilarity of the headline.....not sure what to make of this scoop.

Seems like he doesn`t want the job. Not to hard to figure out ?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right, not much earth-shattering news, but Mr. Wilson at least named Cowher as someone they've talked to.

his tone of voice regarding "you'd have to ask him," sounded to me like they've left it to Cowher, and he hasn't really been that interested.

in the updated version of the story, you should note that Mr. Wilson said: "we don't want to hire a coach with a splashy name," and instead is looking for someone who "wants to come to Buffalo." reading between the lines, that suggests they're not counting on Cowher.

Mr. Wilson at least did clear up the timetable, but saying there isn't one and that they're not rushing into making a decision. that leads me to believe that there's still candidates out there to interview. so rather than expecting a press conference this weekend, it might be further down the road.

Mr. Wilson did not want to say much, and that's understandable. the search is ongoing.

jw

right, not much earth-shattering news, but Mr. Wilson at least named Cowher as someone they've talked to.

his tone of voice regarding "you'd have to ask him," sounded to me like they've left it to Cowher, and he hasn't really been that interested.

in the updated version of the story, you should note that Mr. Wilson said: "we don't want to hire a coach with a splashy name," and instead is looking for someone who "wants to come to Buffalo." reading between the lines, that suggests they're not counting on Cowher.

Mr. Wilson at least did clear up the timetable, but saying there isn't one and that they're not rushing into making a decision. that leads me to believe that there's still candidates out there to interview. so rather than expecting a press conference this weekend, it might be further down the road.

Mr. Wilson did not want to say much, and that's understandable. the search is ongoing.

jw

Thanks, John. Leaves open the possibility (as I think you've written) that coordinators from other playoff teams -- ones they weren't allowed to interview this week -- might still be in the mix.

Add: I see you addressed that in the writethru.

jw

That was the part of the article that really stood out to me. It definitely sounds like Cowher is a little cold in his response and it's left the Bills wondering if he wants to be there and do they want a coach that may not be excited to be there.

jw

That pretty much puts the nail in the coffin on Cowher coming here. Time to move on folks.

jw

Thanks John. Good stuff either way. :rolleyes:

jw

Thanks John. I just don't understand why Cowher just doesn't come out and say he is not interested like he has every other time in the past. It seems to be the case...but i guess he knows that we are Bills fans and we never take the quick and easy death...

Thanks John. I just don't understand why Cowher just doesn't come out and say he is not interested like he has every other time in the past. It seems to be the case...but i guess he knows that we are Bills fans and we never take the quick and easy death...

No harm in listening -- or seeing just how high the Bills might be willing to go, eh?

No harm in listening -- or seeing just how high the Bills might be willing to go, eh?

True but he didn't "just listen" as long with other teams that have called in recent years. The looming lockout may have something to do with it though. He may be cool on Buffalo but hot on coaching next year and Buffalo may well be the only viable option and he is in no hurry to decide as the Bills aren't either.

I don't know. To me, RW's intent is pretty clear. There's got to be a reason why he decided to speak out now and not last week, especially to a local source.

It's obvious that the contract to Cowher has been extended, and now that Brandon & Nix are on an excellent adventure across the country to talk to other very qualified candidates, a very public message has been sent to Bill - decide before this weekend, or the job is gone.

That was the part of the article that really stood out to me. It definitely sounds like Cowher is a little cold in his response and it's left the Bills wondering if he wants to be there and do they want a coach that may not be excited to be there.

I understand why Cowher wouldn't have much enthusiasm for the Bills' job. My preference would be to pursue a HC candidate who clearly wants the job and the challenge of rebuilding a very damaged franchise. Buddy Nix's biggest challenge isn't getting a HC. His biggest challenge is drafting well and bringing in solid free agent players which will improve on this very impoverished roster.

I don't know. To me, RW's intent is pretty clear. There's got to be a reason why he decided to speak out now and not last week, especially to a local source.

It's obvious that the contract to Cowher has been extended, and now that Brandon & Nix are on an excellent adventure across the country to talk to other very qualified candidates, a very public message has been sent to Bill - decide before this weekend, or the job is gone.

I hope Cowher doesn't tell the tv audience tomorrow that he has no intention of taking Bills job

I hope Cowher doesn't tell the tv audience tomorrow that he has no intention of taking Bills job

Get ready baby because his "oh, I am not interested in coaching at this time." statement is probably coming. So what now?

Forget about it. She doesn't want to go to the dance. Forget about it. :rolleyes: Desperation is weak.

Move on to plan B. Remember Blues Brothers.."We're on a mission from god." :flirt: