Ask Tim Graham: Part III

TimGraham

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

Can you offer any insight into our new OC. I consider myself fairly current with today's NFL but I must admit I know nothing about this man. Never heard of him. I'm also concerned about his calling our run game considering how poorly Arizona ran the ball. I know Grimm was the run-game co-ordinator but Modkins coached the RBs and they didn't do so well. Of course, they don't have Fred Jackson! :thumbsup:

Any info would be much appreciated.

So, a whole week with no new posts. I hope the schmucks that blew the whole thing out of proportion (sarcasm or not) didn't push him away. It is nice to have a thread where we can talk football with a guy that has some more knowledge about football and the bills than the average poster. This was the one thread you could come into and expect some interesting and insightful posts. Much better than all the other threads where you click on into them and hear the most ridiculous things that must be comeing from the 5th grade lunch table. I hope Tim is just busy and still comes here to post with us.

He's been posting on a Dolphins message board still, so it looks like he is done with us here. Can't really blame him.

Again, I'm blown away that a few people from here would scare him away. It's a fricken public forum message board. I can't imagine this is anywhere near the worst thing that's been said to him. Just think about all the ESPN comments on any article he rights, down right lude.

I'd think he'd know that a few people don't speak for everyone, but if not, then it wasn't going to last anyways. I really just thought he'd have a thicker skin.

Hopefully, we're all wrong and it's just a coincidence. Or maybe he's just like the rest of us and doesn't know what to say about this franchise anymore

Again, I'm blown away that a few people from here would scare him away. It's a fricken public forum message board. I can't imagine this is anywhere near the worst thing that's been said to him. Just think about all the ESPN comments on any article he rights, down right lude.

I'd think he'd know that a few people don't speak for everyone, but if not, then it wasn't going to last anyways. I really just thought he'd have a thicker skin.

Hopefully, we're all wrong and it's just a coincidence. Or maybe he's just like the rest of us and doesn't know what to say about this franchise anymore

It's not about being "scared away" in your words.

Why should he have to have thick skin? He comes here as a favor to us. And all he expects in turn is politeness. Not too much to ask at all. If people want to go somewhere and insult people with thick skins, there are lots of boards where that kind of thing is really acceptable.

Why should he have to have thick skin? He comes here as a favor to us. And all he expects in turn is politeness. Not too much to ask at all. If people want to go somewhere and insult people with thick skins, there are lots of boards where that kind of thing is really acceptable.

+1

and when people here are asking him to out his sources instead of just accepting his excellent insights which I always enjoy, now it seems he may be done with us because of a few idiots on the board who had to look a gift horse in the mouth. Tim, you will be missed, your insight here is always welcome, but I can't blame you for not wanting to come back based on the behavior of some of these so called adults

Fair, scared was the wrong word. I just have to believe that in his line of business, he'd have to learn how to deal with randoms like those comments. If he were to leave every site where someone posted an erroneous comment, then he wouldn't have a job anymore

Fair, scared was the wrong word. I just have to believe that in his line of business, he'd have to learn how to deal with randoms like those comments. If he were to leave every site where someone posted an erroneous comment, then he wouldn't have a job anymore

it has nothing to do with that, when he is being harassed to out his sources, which would pretty much render him ineffective as a writer, since no one would trust him with anything, why would he come on here? It has nothing to do with thick skin, and dealing with random comments. He was doing us a favor, and because of some idiot posts by people asking Tim to give up any inside sources he has, that's probably why he hasn't come back, and i can't blame him one bit. His job depends on his sources being able to trust him and not leak information, and if he comes on here spilling what he knows and who knows it, he will pretty much find himself unemployed.

Wow, you guys that asked Tim Graham to out his sources are really clueless as to how his profession operates. Tim if you still go on here- and when you were on GR a few weeks back I know you alluded to this site, please understand that there are always going to be a few morons and you don't have to respond to every post.

Did you actually expect him to be like, "OK I'm gonna tell you, but you can't tell anyone, OK? Alright it was...!?!"

it has nothing to do with that, when he is being harassed to out his sources, which would pretty much render him ineffective as a writer, since no one would trust him with anything, why would he come on here? It has nothing to do with thick skin, and dealing with random comments. He was doing us a favor, and because of some idiot posts by people asking Tim to give up any inside sources he has, that's probably why he hasn't come back, and i can't blame him one bit. His job depends on his sources being able to trust him and not leak information, and if he comes on here spilling what he knows and who knows it, he will pretty much find himself unemployed.

Mark AF43 agree with everything you said. I would add the simple fact that Tim participated in this forum of his own free will and using the most precious resource to any busy professional - his time. Why would Tim (or anyone) give up time to interact with people (even just a person) that demonstrate a lack of respect for him or the forum? My guess is that he is gone and will not return. If he wants to "pick up on the pulse" of Bills fans he needs only to stop off at the Buffalo watering hole of his choice to get a read. At least in that scenario he gets to enjoy a beer while doing it.

Thanks a lot EndZoneCrew :blink:

The difference between what I face in my job and what I do here is that I don't get paid to come here. ESPN pays me to deal with the comments I receive at the bottom of my blogs and in my mailbag and wherever else.

When I come here it's because I enjoy it. When I stop enjoying it, then I will find something else to do.

If your wife nags you at home and you decide to go out with the boys to have some fun, do you feel compelled to walk up to a table full of women and ask them to yell at you because, after all, that is what's waiting for you at home?

I haven't pulled the plug on the thread. I intend to be around. But I'm not going to stop by every day because I need TBD to maintain my health insurance and retirement plan.

I don't expect to be treated special, but when I feel like dropping by, I'll drop by.

To all of the people who have offered their support and understanding, I appreciate your sentiments. You're the reason I got motivated to become involved with the site to begin with. When the Super Bowl is over and things settle down, I'm sure I'll be around more frequently.

Welcome back Tim. Thanks for whatever time you can eek out for us. As I said before, the vast majority of us really appreciate it.

Soooo, what do you think of the staff Gailey has put together so far? Any insight into the DC position and who is on the radar? And no, I don't want your sources, thank you very much.

The difference between what I face in my job and what I do here is that I don't get paid to come here. ESPN pays me to deal with the comments I receive at the bottom of my blogs and in my mailbag and wherever else.

When I come here it's because I enjoy it. When I stop enjoying it, then I will find something else to do.

If your wife nags you at home and you decide to go out with the boys to have some fun, do you feel compelled to walk up to a table full of women and ask them to yell at you because, after all, that is what's waiting for you at home?

I haven't pulled the plug on the thread. I intend to be around. But I'm not going to stop by every day because I need TBD to maintain my health insurance and retirement plan.

I don't expect to be treated special, but when I feel like dropping by, I'll drop by.

To all of the people who have offered their support and understanding, I appreciate your sentiments. You're the reason I got motivated to become involved with the site to begin with. When the Super Bowl is over and things settle down, I'm sure I'll be around more frequently.

Well said!

You've solved my problem! Just think about all the money wasted on shrinks.

Great line .... very funny

Thanks for your time and humor.