BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy to announce that I have been offered and subsequently accepted a position at a company called GSI Commerce. My tentative start date is February 1st. As a result I will be forced to make the move from lovely Richmond, VA, my home for the past 17+ years, to beautiful King of Prussia, PA. I will be working for and with several former Circuit City people, so I will have some familiar people up there when I get there. As many of you are probably all to aware of, this has been a really $hitty year for me and others and I cannot tell you how relieved I am that it is finally coming to an end. Everyone here has been incredibly patient and very supportive as I brought you along on this journey of mine. Thanks for all of the support and wishes as well as the B word slaps that knocked me out of my many funks. 2010 is shaping up pretty damned nicely! :D

The Philly area is okay. Richmond is certainly nicer. At least you will be much closer to Buffalo. Only a 6 hour drive to RWS.

PTR

I am happy to announce that I have been offered and subsequently accepted a position at a company called GSI Commerce. My tentative start date is February 1st. As a result I will be forced to make the move from lovely Richmond, VA, my home for the past 17+ years, to beautiful King of Prussia, PA. I will be working for and with several former Circuit City people, so I will have some familiar people up there when I get there. As many of you are probably all to aware of, this has been a really $hitty year for me and others and I cannot tell you how relieved I am that it is finally coming to an end. Everyone here has been incredibly patient and very supportive as I brought you along on this journey of mine. Thanks for all of the support and wishes as well as the B word slaps that knocked me out of my many funks. 2010 is shaping up pretty damned nicely! :unsure:

Great. There go my property values. :w00t:

Seriously, when you get to the area, PM me and we can get together for a few brewskis. I live about 20-30 minutes from KOP. If you want info on the area, PM me.

I had to take work in the Philly/South Jersey area and I have been here for 3-4 years. It isnt bad at all. For a big city, the traffic and crowding isnt bad at all. You still get winter, but it is fairly mild. If you like to ski, some nice ski country 1 1/2 hours away. DC is close, NYC is close.... SOme awesome things to do in Philly as well.

The Bills backers of Philly have great get togethers too at the Public House in Philly. Check them out.

Oh yeah, the drive to Buffalo isnt bad at all. I still get to 4-5 Bills games and maybe 10 Sabres games.

That's awesome! Congrats, Pooj! I used to live in Warrington, PA and worked in KoP while I was going to Temple U. I can't even tell you how jealous I am that you're moving there! Dude, any male who doesn't absolutely fall in love with the sports culture of Philly should have their man card revoked on site. I lived there from '95-'99 and loved every minute! Set your radio to AM 610 WIP and you'll never have to change the station. Take the SEPTA train down to the sports complex every once in a while....grab a steak at Pat's...check out Center City....buy a book on the architecture of Philadelphia (I'm dead serious....it's amazing!)....and enjoy life!

Philly is the greatest city in the world, to me...I hope to move back there at some point. :thumbsup:

wow...nice sales job....this takes the edge off of having to leave a lot behind....my son is a huge eagles fan(actually mcnabb fan) so he is kind of jacked about this.....SEPTA doesnt go out to KoP does it? and a Pats Cheese Steak is in the top 5 of my list of things to do first

That's awesome! Congrats, Pooj! I used to live in Warrington, PA and worked in KoP while I was going to Temple U. I can't even tell you how jealous I am that you're moving there! Dude, any male who doesn't absolutely fall in love with the sports culture of Philly should have their man card revoked on site. I lived there from '95-'99 and loved every minute! Set your radio to AM 610 WIP and you'll never have to change the station. Take the SEPTA train down to the sports complex every once in a while....grab a steak at Pat's...check out Center City....buy a book on the architecture of Philadelphia (I'm dead serious....it's amazing!)....and enjoy life!

Philly is the greatest city in the world, to me...I hope to move back there at some point. :thumbsup:

wow...nice sales job....this takes the edge off of having to leave a lot behind....my son is a huge eagles fan(actually mcnabb fan) so he is kind of jacked about this.....SEPTA doesnt go out to KoP does it? and a Pats Cheese Steak is in the top 5 of my list of things to do first

I used to work night shift so I never used SEPTA to go to work, but I can assure you that if it doesn't go right to KoP, it goes close enough to where you can just drive a short distance to the nearest station....Philly has one of the best public rail systems in the country. You can get a monthly pass for like $30 and go anywhere you want. I used to have my apartment in Warrington, and instead of driving all the way into the city for school or whatever, I'd drive like 1.5 mi to the Warrington/Warminster septa station, hop on the train, and go anywhere I wanted. It sounds weird, but I LOVED the rail system! I never used the buses, but the railways were awesome. They take you all over city, including all the market stations and terminals where they have all sorts of great food, shops, etc. I hardly used my car at all when I was there, and I had a lot of great conversations on the train. The coolest thing was going to the sports complex, cause the train would literally take you almost right up to the front door. After the game, u dont even have to worry about traffic....

Seriously, if I could, I would join you on the move to Philly! I absolutely loved it there. I wasn't really a fan of any of the sports teams before I moved there, but it gets to the point where you start following all of them. It's totally different than when I came here to Atlanta....there is almost no sports culture here whatsoever, and most of the time I couldn't care less about what's going on. The only exception is the Braves, cause I've been a die hard Braves fan since I was a kid. But in Philly you'll find that the sports teams are such an important part of the framework that you begin to appreciate them and at least take interest in what's going on. I don't know who's on the air now, but when I was there WIP had awesome sports hosts 24-hr a day. I'd listen to that station every chance I got.

I'd really be surprised if you didn't love it there!

Congrats Pooj! I went to school in Philly and still have friends & family in KoP. AJ's public transportation advice is right on for two reasons - (1) It's great and can get you anywhere, and (B) it will keep you out of the horrific traffic that makes you angry and takes years off of your life. Try to live close to work so you can avoid weekday traffic. Take the Schuykill Expressway (Sure-kill Crawlway) only when you absolutely have to (e.g. to see Roy Halladay pitch, aforementioned Pat's Steak, etc). Manayunk is fantastic, as said. Find your way around, and you'll like it.

Congrats Pooj! I went to school in Philly and still have friends & family in KoP. AJ's public transportation advice is right on for two reasons - (1) It's great and can get you anywhere, and (B) it will keep you out of the horrific traffic that makes you angry and takes years off of your life. Try to live close to work so you can avoid weekday traffic. Take the Schuykill Expressway (Sure-kill Crawlway) only when you absolutely have to (e.g. to see Roy Halladay pitch, aforementioned Pat's Steak, etc). Manayunk is fantastic, as said. Find your way around, and you'll like it.

:thumbsup:

This thread really has me taking a trip down memory lane....I seriously wish I could move back there with Pooj lol.

Where did you go to school, HopsGuy? Drexel? St. Joes? Villanova? UPenn? Temple?

can't buy beer in grocery stores in PA, correct? how does that affect beer selections as distributors I have dealt with(a total of 1) had a very poor selection...bud, miller etc.....are there beer stores that carry 'micro' beers from around the country, also, is there a smoking ban in restaurants and bars in PA...in the 1.5 months we have had it here, i absolutely love it for purely selfish reasons....

:thumbsup:

This thread really has me taking a trip down memory lane....I seriously wish I could move back there with Pooj lol.

Where did you go to school, HopsGuy? Drexel? St. Joes? Villanova? UPenn? Temple?