The Beer thread.

Miller Lite..... :doh:

Flame away.

Beer flavored water. Consider yourself flamed. :D

That said, I will have to try Southern Tier. I saw it at the store the other day and I knew immediately where it was from.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't drink a lot of beer, Yuengling or Newcastle are my usual beers. If I am in a Mexican restaurant it is Negra Modelo (Or Dos Equis Amber if they are out of NM). Singha in a Thai restaurant...you get the drift.

I also really like Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout and several beers by Samuel Smith.

For a beer thread, this is a pretty bad one. :unsure: Everyone who said a lager, should be eliminated. Bottom fermentation = win.

Everyday beer: Victory Prima Pils or Victory Hop Devil

Special: St. Bernardus abt 12

ew.... Pils. Hop Devil is great, though. The Alamo Drafthouse, where I watch movies, keeps Hop Devil on draft, and they'll bring it to me while I watch films. :w00t:

Abt 12 is a fantastic abby beer, probably my favorite.

From looking at this thread, it seems like you guys really don't get teh chance to experience many of the fantasitc west coast beers. I hate to say it, but the west coast is where its at for microbrewing. We have a few decent ones in Texas, but outside of Abita, Allagash, and Dogfish Head, pretty much all of the great beers come from the west coast.

Green Flash and Alesmith are two of my favorite breweries.

For a beer thread, this is a pretty bad one. :w00t: Everyone who said a lager, should be eliminated. Bottom fermentation = win.

ew.... Pils. Hop Devil is great, though. The Alamo Drafthouse, where I watch movies, keeps Hop Devil on draft, and they'll bring it to me while I watch films. :huh:

From looking at this thread, it seems like you guys really don't get teh chance to experience many of the fantasitc west coast beers. I hate to say it, but the west coast is where its at for microbrewing. We have a few decent ones in Texas, but outside of Abita, Allagash, and Dogfish Head, pretty much all of the great beers come from the west coast.

Green Flash and Alesmith are two of my favorite breweries.

Wondered how long it would take for the first beer snob to show superiority. :unsure:

For a beer thread, this is a pretty bad one. :w00t: Everyone who said a lager, should be eliminated. Bottom fermentation = win.

Is that the one made with real bits of panther?

For me, I'll second Dos Equis Amber. Someone also mentioned Goose Island, their 312 and Honkers Ale are excellent. I also enjoy quite a few of the brews from Great Lakes Brewing. Their Oktoberfest was quite good. As for West Coast brews, how about the pride of Chico, CA, Sierra Nevada. Their Kellerweis is delicious. Also any of the house beers from the Buffalo Brew Pub.

i have a rotaion usually

Fall/Winter

60 Minute

Southern Tier IPA

Sam Seasonal

Leineys Nut Brown

Spring/Summer

60 minute

Circus Boy

Hoegaarden

Sunset wheat

Summer Shandy(only after golf and no more than 2 at any one time)

No really obscure beers

Just an occasionalbeer drinker here. Ranked in order:

Newcastle

Bass Ale

Guinness

Samuel Adams (like the Winter Lager best)

Yuengling Black and Tan

For the record, The worst beer I ever had, well, its a tie

Tsing Tao, and Green Light from Rolling Rock. The Tsing Tao was skunky, and the Green Light tasted like someone mixed Coors Light with more water.

I would brush my teeth with Molson Canadian if I could. Though I'm still depressed their free one size fits all shirts from the summer actually fit me.............

thats the first time ANY free molson shirt actually fit most. i thought those answer honestly era shirts were well done.

the twin label shirts were one size fits all, and they barely fit my 10yr old(not that i let my kids wear clothing with beer logos on it)