Bulaga or McClain

one of these guys would you want more? I feel like they might be there when we pick and would be pretty close to can't miss talents

A LT (Not necessarily Bulaga though) no doubt about it. At linebacker we are weak but we have Poz and Mitchel coming back from injury and if we stay 4-3 there are a ton of serviceable free agents that could come in and do a solid job (Derrick Johnson among others). There are rarely any free agent Tackles and LT is a huge need along the O-line. There are a ton of serviceable free agent LB's that will be available.

With Wood and Butler coming back from injury and the Hangman and Levitre already in place we might just be a LT away from having a decent core Offensive line. Hangman is a solid center, Wood and Levitre are good young guards who only stand to get better, Butler looked solid at RT in his brief stint and has shown he can play at a professional level (Butler is by far the weakest of the bunch but we have a pair of young tackles to back him up in Meridith and Bell). Now if you add a blue chip 1st round pick at the most important position of the line to that mix our line could be set for a while.

Linebackers shouldn't be drafted in the top 10 unless they are Patrick Willis types and McClain to me screams like he will be a good player but not the game changer we need at pick number 9. Now I don't know much about Bulaga but if there is a good top 10 LT sitting for us to take then we better take him over a Linebacker. I would approve of taking McClain if the only LT's available are sever reaches.

McClain would be a good value at #9, but not Bulaga. He's behind some of the other OT's. He will probably go in the 20's. I like his toughness. A trade up to get him and pair him with McClain would make a great draft.

Yea, that would be great. Take McClain and trade up to get a lineman. Bulaga, Williams, Cambell etc.

Yea, that would be great. Take McClain and trade up to get a lineman. Bulaga, Williams, Cambell etc.

Not bad if we can land a Bruce Campbell, Bulaga, or Anthony Williams type somewhere in the mid 20's. But I don't know if those guys (Especially Anthony Williams or Campbell) will be there at a point where we could trade up to get them. I think that Trent Williams isn't a LT and we should avoid trading up for him seeing as we could just stay at pick 41 and draft a good RT.

I like them both. I gotta go with Bulaga though. He looked dominant in the games I saw him. He reminded me A LOT of Jake Long. But the reason I go Bulaga is that a Left Tackle is just a lot more valuable than a linebacker. Good linebackers will be available in round 2. Good left tackles? Not likely.

I like them both. I gotta go with Bulaga though. He looked dominant in the games I saw him. He reminded me A LOT of Jake Long. But the reason I go Bulaga is that a Left Tackle is just a lot more valuable than a linebacker. Good linebackers will be available in round 2. Good left tackles? Not likely.

Good thinking. I'd take either. McClain is special, though; we missed out on Willis and probably will on McClain too, picking ninth.

This was my post in another thread regarding Anthony Davis....

I agree in principle that LT is the most pressing need and that the QB situation should be looked at. However, as for QB I'm on the train of thought that says "let's give Brohm at least one full NFL season to evaluate what we have in-house". Brohm may or may not be the answer, I'm not sold either way, but given that he was just drafted in 2008 and highly touted through his last two years at Louisville and taken in the 2nd round, doesn't it stand to reason that just as much promise was demonstrated by him as any other QB coming into this year's draft? And to me after watching a decade of really poor line play, I would rather see the Bills get either a LT in the first round and LB in 2nd or vice-a-versa depending on the value of their pick. Personally, I like the kid out of Iowa who I believe just indicated yesterday that he would enter the draft, LT Brian Bulaga (sp?), as I watched the bowl game, I thought that he was truly impressive with his physical size, strength and ability to get push on his opponents, and he may very well be available in the bottom third of the first round if we were to trade down or try to trade back into the 1st, just my thoughts....

As much as I'd like to see McClain in Buffalo, I think Nix is already hinting at what we'll take for our first pick:

General manager Buddy Nix recently spoke of his team's quarterbacks: "If they're good enough, they'll have a chance to be here ... It's hard to throw when you're lying on your back."

OT would make sense, judging from his comment. Whether it is Bulaga, I don't know. Seems that Anthony Davis, Russell Okung, Trent Williams and Bruce Campbell are mentioned before Bulaga.

If Nix wants to make a big splash in his first year, why not ransom the future and trade next year's #1 and other picks for another top pick this year?

The reason Bulaga isn't going top ten is because he's tough as hell but may not be athletic enough to be a pro LT. He may end up at RT. That's the risk you take with him, he's a boom or bust type pick.

I wouldn't take him unless I could trade back.

This should be a no brainer I hope the Bills don't screw it up if it comes down to this choice, Rolando McLain.

We play very poorly collectively at our LB and T positions. No one at any of these position on our team could probably start on a playoff team this year. Our LB's and T's you would rather play against instead of with.

Rolando McLain is the Patrick Willis/Ray Lewis hybrid that comes along once in a blue moon and the top LB in the draft that we will have a shot at. We will not be able to land the top LT but we can land the top LB. Many posters feel that we only need one LB and that will allow us to go from being ranked 30th against the run to being top 10....please. We need two starting LB's from this draft for quaility and depth purposes.

We can get the best T on the board in round 2. I don't know what free agency will be like this year with the CBA issues. So we have to draft smart if we go LT in the first then there is no LB's that will make the big impact that will be available in the 2nd. Spikes won't last that long. Tackles run a little deeper than LB's this year.

Lord knows I hope we don't take Trent Williams. Brown, Bulaga, Davis, Campbell, or Fox? All for it. Trade up for Trent Williams? :wallbash: