Bills attempting to set up interview w/Leslie Frazier

Beerball

If Billick comes to Buffalo and gives us year after year of pedestrian offenses...and a Superbowl victory...I'll consider it an even trade-off

Is Billick going to bring all those great defensive players that Ozzie Newsome drafted for him to use as well? Because that's the ONLY reason he won a Super Bowl.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Billick comes to Buffalo and gives us year after year of pedestrian offenses...and a Superbowl victory...I'll consider it an even trade-off

Years of missing the playoffs have dulled Bills fans senses. We just want anyone whether they are any good or not.

PTR

I (vaguely) remember when Frazier was employed by CIN. I do recall that he was a sacrificial lamb - the owner never gets rid of coaches until the contract ends, and then he declares that change is on the horizon. :lol:

Frazier was replaced by a fellow named Chuck Bresnahan:

"Charles "Chuck" Bresnahan (born September 8, 1960 in Springfield, Massachusetts) is an American football coach. He is currently the linebackers coach for the Florida Tuskers of the United Football League.[1]

Previously Bresnahan (pronounced "BREZ-nuh-han") was the defensive coordinator for the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals. Bresnahan joined the Bengals coaching staff in 2004 as an defensive assistant coach, and was promoted to defensive coordinator on January 9, 2005. He was fired on January 2, 2008 after his team went 7-9 in the regular season. During Bresnahan's tenure, the Bengals ranked 28th, 30th, and 25th in yards allowed, out of 32 teams."...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Bresnahan

He stunk, but lived out his contract. Mikie won't take a monetary loss, no how no way. See also Marvin Lewis and the arch idiot OC Bob Bratkowski. There's been some recent chirping about DC Zimmer hooking onto Shanahan's star at WAS. Good for him - he oughta go and take that job.

Is Billick going to bring all those great defensive players that Ozzie Newsome drafted for him to use as well? Because that's the ONLY reason he won a Super Bowl.

Wow, really? You mean good players lead to a championship?

Like...wow...thats some deep insight there.

What is this infatuation with Billick?!? His one Super Bowl ring was gifted to him through the work of his DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR Marvin Lewis, who a team mired in horribleness known as the Bengals hired and lo and behold - aren't a joke anymore.

If it wasn't for Marvin's build defense, Billick flames out as a head coach. Here's a fun fact too. At one point he was an offensive coordinator that someone took a chance on....and ironically, his offenses in Baltimore were terrible. So we want to bring in a guy who couldn't draft a QB, build an offense and get capable receivers to rebuild our mess of an offense?!?

Yeah...that makes a poopload of sense....

Billick only has one Super Bowl ring-how many does Cowher have? One-and with more talent and 3 times as many seasons as a coach. But you are right, I am sure all Bills fans wouldn't want a Super Bowl trophy if it was just because of a good defense. It had to be all Marvin Lewis, he has filled Paul Brown Stadium up with Lombardi Trophies. What a post? Some posts here are ridiculous and that one heads the list.

Flying out to see frazier , this is a joke. Clearly if Billick or Cowher were in the mix the trip would not be happening. So now be are back to hiring " up and coming coordinators". How is this an expirenced head coach. Wow, I don't know about the rest of you about I am realy disappointed in this turn of events

Wonder how many were Rooneys that took place even though another coach was already chosen?

I did a little quick research and it looks like in 2008 he lost the Dolphins job to Sparano; and in 2009 he lost the Detroit job to Schwartz and the Rams job to Spagnuolo. He also lost out in Atlanta and Denver.

The only obvious Rooney Rule interview is Miami.

Here's a link from Jan. 2009 ...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/37775159.html

I did a little quick research and it looks like in 2008 he lost the Dolphins job to Sparano; and in 2009 he lost the Detroit job to Schwartz and the Rams job to Spagnuolo. He also lost out in Atlanta and Denver.

The only obvious Rooney Rule interview is Miami.

Here's a link from Jan. 2009 ...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/37775159.html

I'd probably call the Spags interview a Rooney too. Think that was pretty much a done deal.

Blah. Just a big waste of time. Would rather have Leslie Neilsen as the freaking coach. They shouldn't bother interviewing coordinators. I want Ralph to get Cowher in a room, throw a bag containing $10 million in cash on the table and tell him "You get one of these a year for the next 5 years" and see what happens. Anything less than Cowher, Billick or the Bronze Medal (Marty S.) will be a big disappointment.

Don't quite agree with your "waste of time" comment, but nice post just the same. :D

Two things:

1. He would fill most of what Nix mentioned, because of his top coordinator status coupled with 9 years as a head coach on the college level. Much like Nix's foray into college prior to going into scouting full time.

2. Though he used the Tampa 2 in Minny, he has been in the Buddy Ryan 4-6 and the zone blitzing style of Jim Johnson on the Eagles. So just because that's the system that was there when he got there (that he picked up on the Colts) doesn't mean as a HC he cannot integrate all of his defensive knowledge in Buffalo.

I would love it if Frazier gets hired by some other team and the lot of you b****ing about him getting an INTERVIEW go all 10-year-old girl on us and start crying hysterically about how the Bills 'lost' another candidate.

Billick only has one Super Bowl ring-how many does Cowher have? One-and with more talent and 3 times as many seasons as a coach. But you are right, I am sure all Bills fans wouldn't want a Super Bowl trophy if it was just because of a good defense. It had to be all Marvin Lewis, he has filled Paul Brown Stadium up with Lombardi Trophies. What a post? Some posts here are ridiculous and that one heads the list.

Speaking of ridiculous posts....what does the number of rings Cowher has have to do with my argument that just because a head coach has had previous success that said coach MUST be the head coach of the Buffalo Bills? The crux of my argument against all these pantywaists in an uproar over AN INTERVIEW is that someone gave both Billick and Marvin Lewis a chance to be a head coach in the first place.

Had I known I was going to strike a sensitive nerve on the President of the Brian Billick Fan Club, I probably would have chosen my words differently...

This Billick / Cowher or BUST mentality some people have around here is going to lead to some massive disappointment if the Bills don't hire either one of them.

Me, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to our NEW GM and see how the offseason and training camps go before I nail him and the new head coach to a cross.

The rest of you can resume building your bomb shelters for if/when the sky falls....

Flying out to see frazier , this is a joke. Clearly if Billick or Cowher were in the mix the trip would not be happening. So now be are back to hiring " up and coming coordinators". How is this an expirenced head coach. Wow, I don't know about the rest of you about I am realy disappointed in this turn of events

It's pretty sad. The Chernobyl Bills seem to be the only team that flies their executives to wherever the !@#$ candidate X happens to be. "Sure, you can come and show me your Powerpoint. I can't leave town though. My agent might call with a better opportunity and I don't want to miss it."

It's pretty sad. The Chernobyl Bills seem to be the only team that flies their executives to wherever the !@#$ candidate X happens to be. "Sure, you can come and show me your Powerpoint. I can't leave town though. My agent might call with a better opportunity and I don't want to miss it."

Frazier's team is in the playoffs. It's an NFL Rule that interviewers have to go to their playoff candidates to talk to them.