When are we going to interview

This whole Cowher thing is making my head spin, and this isn't another Cowher thread I promise. But Cowher and Marty are two coaches out of football being "linked: to the Bills. Other actual assistants and coordinators have been linked as well. Many of whom are currently on the staff of playoff teams. The NFL allows for teams to interview these coaches during the first bye week of the playoffs. So, with Ron Rivera being named as one of the possible HC candidates, where is the interview? I know we have until the end of the week, but nothing on anyone else. Lots of rumors out there, but no one has come in, that we know of, other than Cowher last week

This whole Cowher thing is making my head spin, and this isn't another Cowher thread I promise. But Cowher and Marty are two coaches out of football being "linked: to the Bills. Other actual assistants and coordinators have been linked as well. Many of whom are currently on the staff of playoff teams. The NFL allows for teams to interview these coaches during the first bye week of the playoffs. So, with Ron Rivera being named as one of the possible HC candidates, where is the interview? I know we have until the end of the week, but nothing on anyone else. Lots of rumors out there, but no one has come in, that we know of, other than Cowher last week

Because the Bills don't want anyone knowing who they are interviewing. Why start a bidding war if

you don't have to.

I can't imagine they don't have a short list by this point of most important targets....God knows

they've had enough experience over the last 10 years to know how to do this...

Because the Bills don't want anyone knowing who they are interviewing. Why start a bidding war if

you don't have to.

I can't imagine they don't have a short list by this point of most important targets....God knows

yea, that sounds about right, good point

you don't have to.

Does anyone realize the Bills HC opening is the ONLY ONE in the NFL right now?? What's the rush?

PTR

Does anyone realize the Bills HC opening is the ONLY ONE in the NFL right now?? What's the rush?

PTR

It's been a weird off-season for coaches, no doubt. Can anyone remember a year when there have been fewer coaches fired?

you don't have to.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

They interviewed Fewell yesterday. And interview essentially takes all day. So they fired everyone on Monday, then interviewed on Tuesday. Sounds pretty expedient to me.

You need to relax. The Bills hired a new GM before the season ended. That search could have taken a month, but it didn't. Things ARE moving quickly, its just that in our world of ADHD people expect stuff to happen immediately.

The Buffalo job is a highly-desirable job right now as I see it. You've got Buddy Nix calling the personnel shots now. His record in SD:

2004 3 Pro Bowlers

2005 6 Pro Bowlers

2006 11 Pro Bowlers

2007 8 Pro Bowlers

28 freakin' pro bowlers in 4 drafts! That's is just out-of-this-world amazing. If he does HALF this good, it will still be multiple times better than past drafting by this organization. Any prospective coach has to be excited about teaming up with Nix.

You've got rabid fans who are craving a winning football team who will treat the new coach like royalty. There are no other teams (yet) in need of an HC. So, Buffalo can afford to wait a few days, do the necessary interviews, and make SURE they have the right guy.

the bills already interviewed a head coach......his name is Bill Cowher......the interviewees were Russ & Ralph.

the bills have now interviewed two head coaching candidates.....

Perry Fewell got his interview monday night.....he said it was extensive and he was satisfied it was done the right way.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/913499.html

the article goes on to say that the Bills are likely to take a couple of weeks conducting interviews before making a decision on their head-coaching search.

I have to re-watch Nix's interview, but didn't Nix say that they will go down their list and give each candidate time to say yes or no prior to interviewing the next candidate? He also threw in the caveat that they won't be hand-tied and wait forever for a candidate, they will give them a deadline and are prepared to move to the next candidate if a response is not received by the deadline??

With Fewell being our Rooney Rule satisfier....

I have to re-watch Nix's interview, but didn't Nix say that they will go down their list and give each candidate time to say yes or no prior to interviewing the next candidate? He also threw in the caveat that they won't be hand-tied and wait forever for a candidate, they will give them a deadline and are prepared to move to the next candidate if a response is not received by the deadline??

With Fewell being our Rooney Rule satisfier....

i remember him saying that they would try to do the interviews in the order of preference....that it didn't make much sense interviewing your 5th choice early on......(ignoring shanahan's visit.....russ and ralph met with Cowher, Nix met with Fewell, should be interesting who is the next one).