When are we going to interview

i remember him saying that they would try to do the interviews in the order of preference....that it didn't make much sense interviewing your 5th choice early on......(ignoring shanahan's visit.....russ and ralph met with Cowher, Nix met with Fewell, should be interesting who is the next one).

You said it a lot better than I did...haven't had my coffee yet...

Aside from Fewell, I think the tell on Cowher, aside from him saying no, will be when the reports from mulitple sources say xyz coach is scheduled to be interviewed on insert day of week; Bill will have until the time of that interview to say yes or no and silence is a no. Right now, I think the silence from both parties indicate that an offer is being considered....

I would expect that their next candidate (if they get that far) gets the some time as well. I do wonder how long they will be willing to wait for the other candidates to give their responses. Right now, the Bills are in a good position being the only team with an opening so they can take some time in their search for the right coach...Greggo didn't get hired until Feb.

I don't think they will drag their feet, but the only sense of urgency they have is getting someone in soon to make roster decisions and to assemble a coaching staff, seeing we no longer have one. With Nix also saying that an HC is a CEO and needs good Coordinators to be successful, I don't think they can wait too long to begin assembling a staff. Teams who are keeping their HCs seem to be dumping coaches/coordinators. We don't want to HC search to inhibit the quality of the coaching staff. Late HCs hires have a smaller pool of coaching staff candidates...

The Buffalo job is a highly-desirable job right now as I see it. You've got Buddy Nix calling the personnel shots now. His record in SD:

2004 3 Pro Bowlers

2005 6 Pro Bowlers

2006 11 Pro Bowlers

2007 8 Pro Bowlers

28 freakin' pro bowlers in 4 drafts! That's is just out-of-this-world amazing. If he does HALF this good, it will still be multiple times better than past drafting by this organization. Any prospective coach has to be excited about teaming up with Nix.

You've got rabid fans who are craving a winning football team who will treat the new coach like royalty. There are no other teams (yet) in need of an HC. So, Buffalo can afford to wait a few days, do the necessary interviews, and make SURE they have the right guy.

Great post. Thanks for the info. I hope the same happens here. What will really sell me on Nix is if he has the gonads to trade up to draft a top 5 player like Okung.

If not, then taking an LT or QB in round 1

Great post. Thanks for the info. I hope the same happens here. What will really sell me on Nix is if he has the gonads to trade up to draft a top 5 player like Okung.

If not, then taking an LT or QB in round 1

Thanks, but I must rescind my own post and tell you my post was the stupidest post ever. I merely read and copied this information BLINDLY from elsewhere (http://wnywatercooler.blogspot.com/2009/12...lls-new-gm.html) and didn't fact check. Hell, SD didn't even HAVE 11 picks in 2007. I feel like an idiot. The numbers are, of course, the number of pro bowlers sent by SD that given year and NOT the number of pro bowlers drafted (as my post indicated). Even the numbers were not completely correct. Here are the correct numbers and what they actually represent:

2004 season -- sent 3 to pro bowl played in 2005

2005 season -- sent 6 to pro bowl played in 2006

2006 season -- sent 11 to pro bowl played in 2007

2007 season -- sent 9 to pro bowl played in 2008

Also, many of these players have repeat appearances (e.g. Antonio Gates, LT, etc.). Nevertheless, still pretty impressive if Nix had much to do with these guys on the roster, but the way my earlier post read was just plain stupid and I apologize to the board.

This whole Cowher thing is making my head spin, and this isn't another Cowher thread I promise. But Cowher and Marty are two coaches out of football being "linked: to the Bills. Other actual assistants and coordinators have been linked as well. Many of whom are currently on the staff of playoff teams. The NFL allows for teams to interview these coaches during the first bye week of the playoffs. So, with Ron Rivera being named as one of the possible HC candidates, where is the interview? I know we have until the end of the week, but nothing on anyone else. Lots of rumors out there, but no one has come in, that we know of, other than Cowher last week

But the Giants just fired Defensive Line Coach Mike Waufle. He might be interested in the Bills HC job. Imagine how Waufle that would be. :D

Thanks, but I must rescind my own post and tell you my post was the stupidest post ever. I merely read and copied this information BLINDLY from elsewhere (http://wnywatercooler.blogspot.com/2009/12...lls-new-gm.html) and didn't fact check. Hell, SD didn't even HAVE 11 picks in 2007. I feel like an idiot. The numbers are, of course, the number of pro bowlers sent by SD that given year and NOT the number of pro bowlers drafted (as my post indicated). Even the numbers were not completely correct. Here are the correct numbers and what they actually represent:

Also, many of these players have repeat appearances (e.g. Antonio Gates, LT, etc.). Nevertheless, still pretty impressive if Nix had much to do with these guys on the roster, but the way my earlier post read was just plain stupid and I apologize to the board.

You are a classy guy.

If a guy gets fired on Monday, why does it take all day to interview him for the same job on Tuesday?

Also, how did that guy in Tampa keep his job (better, how did he get the job?)?? My guess is they are gambling that Cowher will wait another year at CBS and then be available.

I think the tell on Cowher, aside from him saying no, will be when the reports from mulitple sources say xyz coach is scheduled to be interviewed on insert day of week; Bill will have until the time of that interview to say yes or no and silence is a no.

Why do the Bills need a final answer from Cowher before they walk into the Frazier interview? Don't get your logic. The only time pressure I would feel if I was Nix, is when I get to the point where I have two candidates that I want, and I sense that one or more of them may start to seek other jobs - only then would I insist on an answer.

no need to apologize by the way. error baby. everyone makes em.

the stat presented is still a good one. u r right if nix had anything to do with those probowlers, which he probably did, then we are on the right track!