Brian Bulaga vs. Derrick Morgan

Fewell733

Both are legit possibilities for us in the first round and they'll be one-on-one tonight on the big stage.

Bulaga - a top left tackle prospect for Iowa, 6'6, 312

Morgan - a top defensive end for Georgia Tech, 6'4, 268, 4.5 40 supposedly - freak of nature type

both are juniors and both are expected to declare for the draft

Both are legit possibilities for us in the first round and they'll be one-on-one tonight on the big stage.

Morgan - a top defensive end for Georgia Tech, 6'4, 268, 4.5 40 supposedly - freak of nature type

I wish Brians parents would have named him Bob.

I get the sense from what I have read that Bulaga will be a late first, early second type pick. He's behind Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell, and maybe even Trent Williams at this point. Although, we have seen runs on OT's in past years so who knows. Morgan will definitely be a top 15 pick IMO, but I don't see us taking a DE in round one for the second straight year. I would be thrilled if we somehow picked up Bulaga with our second pick, although we may have to trade up.

I get the sense from what I have read that Bulaga will be a late first, early second type pick. He's behind Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell, and maybe even Trent Williams at this point. Although, we have seen runs on OT's in past years so who knows. Morgan will definitely be a top 15 pick IMO, but I don't see us taking a DE in round one for the second straight year. I would be thrilled if we somehow picked up Bulaga with our second pick, although we may have to trade up.

yeah. I've seen Bulaga anywhere from mid 1st to top of the 2nd. Scouts Inc. has him 25th overall and the 5th best tackle - but Trent Williams may be a right tackle only, so that makes Bulaga potentially more valuable. They have Morgan 5th overall.

If Bulaga's coming out as a junior though that leads me to believe that he's pretty certain he's going in the 1st round at some point.

all these rankings can change very quickly - as they do every year

We have Bulaga as #17 on our Big Board, and Campbell #61 (still behind Jason Fox, Selvish Capers, and Trent Williams. One reason for this is that Bulaga, Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year as a junior, is an incredible run blocker. Do you know of a team who might want to run in the later part of the season?

<_<

This will be an awesome matchup to watch, but I think GT will move him around alot so they won't be locked up on every play like Bruce and Richmond Webb.

yep! he's playing well. good pass blocker

I like Bulaga in the run game as well. It's one game, but they've run behind him and at Morgan consistently.

Buffalo may need to find their LT with that 9th pick whether they like or not and Okung should be gone by then.

I like Bulaga in the run game as well. It's one game, but they've run behind him and at Morgan consistently.

Bulaga has knocked Morgan down at least twice, or whoever was rushing the passer.

Buffalo may need to find their LT with that 9th pick whether they like or not and Okung should be gone by then.

true. McClain would be awesome to grab, but Bulaga would be a solid #1 and take care of the O-line issue. (well, one of them).

the star of tonight thus far, has to be adrian clayborn. guy is just a beast out there...very impressive. playing the option incredibly well, would look good tackling ronnie brown in red white and blue.