Glazer reporting entire staff dismissed

ILoveBFLO

God, if Brian Schottenheimer comes here I'm not renewing my season tickets.

It seems like it would really fly in the face of a lot of what Wilson and Brandon said at the outset of this change...and what Nix has been saying lately.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Beerball....BTW, has anyone ever gotten anything truly "breaking" out of ESPN insider? Seems like it's always a step or more behind everyone else.

Actually they do mention Marty with Brian as the OC...my bad on assuming.

Marty Schottenheimer has been amongst the names mentioned when the Buffalo Bills' head-coaching vacancy is discussed, while he himself has continued to softly deny any goings-on in that regard. One scenario that has the fanbase buzzing is the possibility of Schottenheimer taking on the top job with New York Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer -- Marty's progeny -- taking the same position with the Bills.

With word that the Bills have fired their entire coaching staff, and NFL Insider Adam Schefter giving word from his sources on Monday morning that Bill Cowher is now unlikely to return to coaching in 2010, Marty might now be considered the front-runner.

While the past week has brought new life to the Bill Cowher-to-Buffalo rumors, Marty's name is still in the mix, and he could be a great fit in Buffalo, per NFL Insider Adam Schefter:

I think Marty would be a great fit in Buffalo and the fact that the Bills hired Buddy Nix as their GM increases the chances that Marty would get a long look there. Marty and Nix worked together in San Diego and are close. Nix also worked with [Ravens OC] Cam Cameron in San Diego, and he's another name that should not be dismissed. No one knows exactly what direction Buffalo is going to go, but there aren't many coaches that would fare any better for the Bills than Marty Schottenheimer

I personally don't get the April lovefest. His ST success was mainly the result of two main things 1) Brian Moorman 2) the Bills keeping players on the roster specifically for STs - at the expense in some cases of having adequate backups at off/def positions. If anything I'd be happier having adequate STs with a roster having more emphasis on players who can actually play and contribute on offense/defense if needed. Add in that STs gave away games this year, I could care less seeing him go - would rather see them completely clean house anyway and erase all remnants of Jauron's staff - although I am sad to see Chuck Lester go! :rolleyes:

for discussion purposes.......the bills are doing the "dirty" work of firing all coaches to clear the way for the next head coach. it doesn't mean the next head coach couldn't offer Bobby April, or any other coach his job back, although thats probably unlikely.

Sever the contract to pay them out...just to give them another contract??? I seriously hope there is better thinking behind this than your supposition....

in my opinion....

Russ Brandon's first choice is Cowher.....most buzz and ticket sales. the job is his if he wants it.

Buddy Nix's first choice is the father/son combo of Marty & Brian Schottenheimer.

If Marty comes and brings Brian with him...fine. But this is looking more and more that no established coach wants anything to do with us and we'll be stuck with Brian by himself.

well when they say "entire staff" does that mean Modrak and Guy too? I really hope so.

Nfl newtwork reports the entire staff was fired by Buddy Nix and told to clean out their offices and leave the building.Wow im loving this guy as gm,(feel bad for Bobby April)

Warrow on ESPN now.

Shocker it's so fast

Shocker about April

Speculation about length of time to look for HC may yield new HC now

Who may be in play? - Cowher "big name" and Ralph will spend big money now, others

include: should be - frazier, brian shotty. Wonders if Daddy Shotty might be good fit re: has

history with Nix.

Didn't really say anything of substance.

How can he be surprised at the speed of the firings? Or that April is gone???

Look, there are few good candidates and several open HC spots. Why would anyone expect them to wait?

Nfl newtwork reports the entire staff was fired by Buddy Nix and told to clean out their offices and leave the building.Wow im loving this guy as gm,(feel bad for Bobby April)

That's great, I'm surprised they didn't take them all out back and had them shot