Schefter & Mort say Bills and Cowher met this week

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i honestly believe that cowher would like to come here but he wants a good qb, with that being said if ralph offers him something incredible like 20 mil a year, he would have to come here

TWENTY MILLION A YEAR

John.....I have kept my mouth shut and I dont really bag on others as I am not perfect.......but some of your posts jesus

Our own Tim Graham and ESPN's James Walker are really getting into it...

Those guys are well intended but frankly, clueless. It's all uninformed speculation. Nobody from major media had the Bills talking to Cowher. The Bills are doing a good job of conducting their business off the radar screen.

Tim Graham just said that he thinks Cowher is a long shot, and the QB situation alone could keep him away.

Time to temper the ol' expectations.

Tim is full of crap. He knew our QB situation when he aledgedly met with Ralph and co this last week. QB situation can be handled via the draft and I trust Nix to pick QB talent.

Tim Graham just said that he thinks Cowher is a long shot, and the QB situation alone could keep him away.

I'm not expecting Cower to sign here. I like Tim and think he's one of the better " sports columnists", but he's not exactly the most connected guy out there. Even the guys who are are wrong more than they are right.

Papaziod, I'll ask again...

Maybe I'm just slow but I'm reading that the Bills and Cowher had a secret meeting. Where do these links state that COWHER was the one to send out the feelers, and where does it say that Cowher's expected in Buffalo next week? Again, maybe I'm just slow.

Seriously, who came up with the "stealth" thing. That headline on ESPN looks so campy.

In all seriousness though, I am approaching these rumors with cautious optimism. The one question I have is what affect does today's news have on the Nix announcement, Kelly/Thomas portion of the presser, etc.? Obviously Cowher had already met with the Bills, perhaps even twice before all of this took place.

Seriously, who came up with the "stealth" thing. That headline on ESPN looks so campy.

In all seriousness though, I am approaching these rumors with cautious optimism. The one question I have is what affect does today's news have on the Nix announcement, Kelly/Thomas portion of the presser, etc.? Obviously Cowher had already met with the Bills, perhaps even twice before all of this took place.

So odd how they mentioned Cowher a few times at the PC. Never seen that kind of loose talk at a presser before.

That is a pretty lame reason since a QB can be found. The big issue as I understand it succession after Ralph. Cowher wants to know the franchise won't flip upside down when Ralph passes.

PTR

can anyone tell me what a stealth meeting is? does this mean it was done without the media knowing?

goodness.. mort is such a whacko haha

Basically it just means the "circle of trust" over the past couple of weeks consisted of Ralph and Russ, therefore no leaks were coming out of OBD.

CBS halftime show on the Texans/Pats game was interesting. They gave Cowher the Bills highlight and all of the guys were joking with him about "how do you like the weather Coach?" He replied with authority "That's football weather!" They laughed at him like they know something, I really think this may be happening.

CBS halftime show on the Texans/Pats game was interesting. They gave Cowher the Bills highlight and all of the guys were joking with him about "how do you like the weather Coach?" He replied with authority "That's football weather!" They laughed at him like they know something, I really think this may be happening.

:thumbsup: