Tebow looks like a NFL QB tonight

Chuckknox

Guys like Tebow are winners wherever they go, despite poor mechanics. 2 very good examples of Qb's that were tremendous leaders in college football with similar skill sets are Vick and Young, both of these guys have below average throwing skills and mechanics but just find ways to win, both in college football and the pro's, and I wouldn't expect anything different out of Tebow.

If he is available in the second round, we should definitely pick him up.

I would be OK with Tebow in Round 2. Not in Round 1.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow doesn't know how to read a defense. Alabama made him look like a high school player by dropping players into zone coverage and confusing him. They were able to do that because they cut off his ability to run the ball. He can spot guys who are open in man, but really struggles to diagnose complicated zone schemes.

If you couple the fact that he has below average accuracy and a slow release, you will see why almost no one is giving him a first round grade.

Agree with this assessment. He is a project. There typically is no progression in the passing game at Florida. Suggesting that he is quick in his reads is inaccurate. They get receivers WIDE OPEN by simulating a draw type running play.....and that doesn't work in the NFL. In the NFL, play action gets you a step open, not 10 yards. Even when wide open he struggles with accuracy.

You can't not like Tebow as a football player, but he's not a natural passer and does not come from a pro style offense. It's going to take a lot of time, if it ever happens.

While it is true that there are no guaranteed great draft picks (see Mike Williams, Ryan Leaf, etc.) there are some players that are almost certain to never pan out, because of a skill set or physical characteristics that just don't translate.

Tebow is one of those guys, almost certain to not pan out at the pro level in the NFL. Sorry the truth hurts but there it is, he is not an NFL QB. That said, he fits perfectly in the CFL if I were him I would be leaning in that direction, become a CFL legend like Flutie did, then try a few years at the NFL as a seasoned pro.

Fun player to watch, sorry his career is over, 2 national championships as a starting QB, not many can say that.

The scripture thing in his eye black is really bothersome though and does not make me pull for him, that's for sure. He should keep that nonsense to himself, the holier than though prick.

Let's assign zazie the leader of this group--he is clearly its most eloquent spokesman.

This post has it all: zero data, all opinion--and a cheap, completely irrelevant, personal shot thrown in to really sway the public to his position.

Powerful stuff.

As for the rest of you "bad mechanics" guys---was that really something you each noticed on your own, or something you read and are repeating here. Come on now! Be honest.

First, I think that people dislike him because he is religous, and they have preconceived notions about him. I would bet those same people would be very happy with Michael Vick.

Second, his game reminds me of Donvan McNabb. Of course McNabb had big question marks coming out of college especially losing a game by letting the time expire. Tebow can run and throw. Sure, the ball drops low for his windup, but honestly, that reminded me of Fluties big windup. He made all the throws. The one long play to Cooper was right on the money. The pass looked like Kelly. The other touchdown throwing to the corner while running away from pressure was great. I really think that he could be like Drew Breez who went in the beginning of the second round. He seems mature like Manning. In the Alabama game, I thought they should have let him throw more.

Other thoughts on the game, please let the bills use a low round draft pick on Cooper. He looks great. Hernandez looked amazing, like Tony Gonalez. I would be happier if the Bills draft Brandon Spikes than Tebow. He was all over the place. He is a real playmaker.

I would be very happy if the Bills could draft the Florida team. There is a lot of talent on the team. Time will tell with regards to Tim Tebow; however, I think the Bills should do what San Diego did, which is keep drafting quarterbacks until you have a franchise quarterback. I also think that with all the holes the Bills have, they should trade down to get additional picks because they seem to draft better lower in the draft than higher in the draft.

Let's assign zazie the leader of this group--he is clearly its most eloquent spokesman.

This post has it all: zero data, all opinion--and a cheap, completely irrelevant, personal shot thrown in to really sway the public to his position.

Powerful stuff.

As for the rest of you "bad mechanics" guys---was that really something you each noticed on your own, or something you read and are repeating here. Come on now! Be honest.

What pick would you use on Mr. Tebow?

First, I think that people dislike him because he is religous, and they have preconceived notions about him. I would bet those same people would be very happy with Michael Vick.

Second, his game reminds me of Donvan McNabb. Of course McNabb had big question marks coming out of college especially losing a game by letting the time expire. Tebow can run and throw. Sure, the ball drops low for his windup, but honestly, that reminded me of Fluties big windup. He made all the throws. The one long play to Cooper was right on the money. The pass looked like Kelly. The other touchdown throwing to the corner while running away from pressure was great. I really think that he could be like Drew Breez who went in the beginning of the second round. He seems mature like Manning. In the Alabama game, I thought they should have let him throw more.

Huh?

Florida ran the ball 14 times. Total. All players. Tebow was the runner 10 of those times.

Tebow also threw the ball 35 times.

That's better than a 2:1 pass/run ratio.

How many more times should Florida passed?

Hate to break it to you, but passing is the reason Florida lost that game. Bama shut down the Florida running game, dropped back into a zone coverage, and dared Tebow to beat them by passing the ball.

Other thoughts on the game, please let the bills use a low round draft pick on Cooper. He looks great. Hernandez looked amazing, like Tony Gonalez. I would be happier if the Bills draft Brandon Spikes than Tebow. He was all over the place. He is a real playmaker.

I would be very happy if the Bills could draft the Florida team. There is a lot of talent on the team. Time will tell with regards to Tim Tebow; however, I think the Bills should do what San Diego did, which is keep drafting quarterbacks until you have a franchise quarterback. I also think that with all the holes the Bills have, they should trade down to get additional picks because they seem to draft better lower in the draft than higher in the draft.

Huh?

Florida ran the ball 14 times. Total. All players. Tebow was the runner 10 of those times.

Tebow also threw the ball 35 times.

That's better than a 2:1 pass/run ratio.

How many more times should Florida passed?

Hate to break it to you, but passing is the reason Florida lost that game. Bama shut down the Florida running game, dropped back into a zone coverage, and dared Tebow to beat them by passing the ball.

Which is why the Bills need Cody more than they need Tebow!

Nor have any college players currently in college.

Second round was my answer. None of the players mentioned as Bills 2nd round picks had the resume Tebow has. Hence, I beleive he has second round value.

4th or 5th round, sure, take a flyer on him.

2nd round, please, line help or LB for these Bills.