Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. It should just be that I got back from a few drinks during lunch hour, but wow.

"What we really need is luck"!

This is crazy. Hahahahahaha.

Agree. This is a joke. All the talk about how they're taking it all seriously, and they hire a 70 year old to build for the future. Maybe Ralph didn't want to feel that old around the office.

Nix

"I am going to take time, I am going to develop the office...I am going to make that decision in time." (on office evaluation.)

"I think we were further away in SD. They were 1-15."

"The selection process is first, you have to put him in an enviroment where he can get better...They're not rookies after about 8 games."

"I think we have good players. I think this year will be a good draft"

Maybin: "He's a guy you decide in 3 years if he is goin to be a really good player or you missed him. It's too early."

Qualities in coach "you have got to have a teacher, got to have someone to teach." "Got to have communication."

Wants quality assists not just top head coach.

On Fewell "He is a canidate that will be interviewed. A guy that has been a head coach has an advantage. I do not care how good of an assistant you are when you get it all you might be successful at it or you might not be good at all.

"if we do not succeed it is not his fault (ralph's)."

Agree. This is a joke. All the talk about how they're taking it all seriously, and they hire a 70 year old to build for the future. Maybe Ralph didn't want to feel that old around the office.

I guess all the experience Nix holds and championship teams he has been associated with is the reason Ralph jumped on this before other teams took him..... :worthy:

Ralph on disappointment of fans for not bringing in top guy

I say to the fans, I know buddy he's done a great job whereever he's been...He's been a scout for us and an assistant GM in SD. I am not looking for great names, i'm looking for someone who can get the job done. there is one caviat. it's not going to come immediately. i think you build a football team through the draft. you can go out through FA and sign some guys but it's done through the draft...it's going to take time, we're not that far away. We get the right HC under buddy and the right assist coaches, it's not far away. we're goign to have to have some good drafts, and we're going to have to be lucky. it's my philosophy that you have to be lucky in life...

So, that's why we selected buddy.

I hope the fans understand that just bringing somebody in who's been in the paper the last few years does not means he's going to be successful indefinitely.

Isn't that the same speech he brings out at the end of every year.

:worthy:

I don't think Nix is a clown. He is just coming off like one in certain ways. I've always thought that Wilson is a clown. And he never fails in proving us right.

But this press conference is ridiculous. That is all I am saying. Only the Bills.

When is going to lose his rebel accent. Hasn't he lived there before.

NIX: "I think we can hire a good coach. I do not have a timetable." "My title was national scout...I looked at players all over the country." "I want to see them in person" (on players)

Addressing QB situation. "hopefully we hire a coach first. then he gives these guys an opportunity. i think it's important we let them have a shot at these guys. it'll be up to them if they're good enough to be here"

"I want to see things start in the right direction. I cannot say we'll bein the playoffs in 2 or 3 years, but we'll be headed there." "There are three out there (QB's) who have talent. Everyone blames the QB. It's hard to throw on your back, you lose your confidence. a new staff, it'll bring your confidence back, they have talent."

"I envissioned playing more golf but the weather got bad."

"FA to me should be middle to low priced guys, not the guys who will bring you the big bang when you sign him. I think that money should go to our guys...we know what we got...then we take places that are weak after the draft, then fill a roll...(see dielman as example)...not guys like today, that will be a tremendous hit today but a bust later one ((TO??!?!?!)). Terrell will be a guy a new coach will make a decission on. We'll see if he fits."

No wonder Ralph likes this guy--he doesn't like spending on free agents.

No, he likes keeping their OWN free agents. That's straight from John Butler's playbook.

Of course, back then, we had FAs worth keeping. After reviewing the roster, he may decide he needs to rethink that answer.