Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

If Modrak gets the job, the chances that Cowher will come here gets bumped up a notch.

If Nix gets the job, the chances that we'll actually bring in quality FAs (and draftees) gets bumped a notch.

To be honest, I REALLY hope Nix is our new GM. He's the type of football mind we need making decisions.

Why on all three points?

1. Modrak getting the job means status quo, no house-cleaning, and RW/Littman run the show. Besides, Modrak has refused offers to be the GM before. He likes being in FLA and acting as top scout.

2. Nix won't be controlling the purse strings. It's ironic that he's been in the NFL for a long time, and hasn't been promoted to being a GM. Now at 70 he's capable. K

3. He's a solid mind, but he won't have control over football operations. Promoting him would be the Bills saying their front office is good enough, which it isn't. Guy, Modrak, Overdorf, et al need to go.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix oversaw drafts that netted the following players:

LaDainian Tomlinson, Drew Brees, Quentin Jammer, Igor Olshansky, Michael Turner, Shaun Phillips, Shawne Merriman, Luis Castillo, Vincent Jackson, Darren Sproles, Antonio Cromartie and Marcus McNeill.

Yes, I'll take me a piece of that.

Why on all three points?

1. Modrak getting the job means status quo, no house-cleaning, and RW/Littman run the show. Besides, Modrak has refused offers to be the GM before. He likes being in FLA and acting as top scout.

2. Nix won't be controlling the purse strings. It's ironic that he's been in the NFL for a long time, and hasn't been promoted to being a GM. Now at 70 he's capable. K

3. He's a solid mind, but he won't have control over football operations. Promoting him would be the Bills saying their front office is good enough, which it isn't. Guy, Modrak, Overdorf, et al need to go.

I'm with Vet on this one. I am hoping for a clean start. This is not it. Nix can be director of scouting but not GM.

I just saw on profootball talk that there likely naming tom modrak gm. Unf***ing believible. way to start the new year off with a swift kick in the balls. well at least now ill have motivation to drink heavily tonight. Same old crap lets promote some worthless pile of crap that should be fired if someone competent was hired. I want to punch my computer in the face really hard right now.

Man, this story has grown legs and is running like Usain Bolt. :bag:

I wouldn't mind Nix being made GM.

I would not necessarily mind Nix, but why not wait another week or two and atleast interview some other qualified candidates before naming Nix ? Seems like another shortsighted move by the Bills.