Shocking news! Clayton doesn't believe Sal's report

Whitner20

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

His reason for why Tampa Bay was a better fit than Buffalo (Josh Freeman) was unconvincing.

Tampa has GREAT facilities, is much closer to his home in Carolina than Buffalo, has great weather & is a very nice area to live (Tony Dungy will tell you so)

Josh Freeman is BETTER than any QB on the Bills. He reminds me of Doug Williams. I think he is going to be a GREAT QB. He has the size of Big Ben but is much more mobile, has a GREAT arm & seems to have a love of the game.

If the Bucs win this week, I would be surprised if Morris gets fired. The players love him & he seems to be a Coach with a future in the NFL. The Glazers are also strapped for cash since they bought Manchester United, so I doubt they will want to pay Gruden, Morris & Cowher for the next few years, especially since there may be no football in 2011.

I could never seriously consider what Clayton says. Instead of football guy, he looks more like a Geek Squad employee at Best Buy.

I bet you that he has been hurt before from brushing his teeth. I could probably snap him in half with an enthused flick.

Sal claims he has sources saying what he reported. Clayton said he doesn't think Cowher will be the Bills coach. And when Adam Begnini pressed him on who else the Bills might be looking at he threw out the usual names with no added info.

I'm not claiming Sal has better info, but at least he is attributing his news to a (unnamed) source. He is staking his reputation, for what it's worth. Gazoo is just giving an opinion. He may have good reason for that opinion but he did not say "I spoke to Cowher and he said no to Buffalo." He also did not offer one credible bit of news on the Bills coaching search. Just the usual list of names. Why Haslett? He was a Bill? Did he talk to Haslett? Did he ask Brandon about Haslett? No, because if he had, he would have reported it as such.

PTR

Tampa has GREAT facilities, is much closer to his home in Carolina than Buffalo, has great weather & is a very nice area to live (Tony Dungy will tell you so)

Josh Freeman is BETTER than any QB on the Bills. He reminds me of Doug Williams. I think he is going to be a GREAT QB. He has the size of Big Ben but is much more mobile, has a GREAT arm & seems to have a love of the game.

If the Bucs win this week, I would be surprised if Morris gets fired. The players love him & he seems to be a Coach with a future in the NFL. The Glazers are also strapped for cash since they bought Manchester United, so I doubt they will want to pay Gruden, Morris & Cowher for the next few years, especially since there may be no football in 2011.

Just for the sake of clarity, Tampa is not "much closer" to NC than Buffalo is. About 10 hours drive either way. But they are both far enough that it's a flight anyway so that's irrelevant.

The attraction to Buffalo versus other markets is the relative lack of distraction for the players and the rabid fan base. Pro football is huge here. It's not nearly the same in Tampa. Sometimes a more "comfortable" place to live is not the place to reach your potential.

No, the real reason Buffalo can't draw the attention of most big name coaches is the poor ownership and history of failure by past coaches. We are like the Arizona Cardinals were a decade ago.

Who cares what that pickle-headed bastard says? We will see soon enough. I'm not

so tied to Cowher (would be nice, but there are other good options) But I'm getting

to the point I want Cowher not just because he's good, but moreso to stick it to those

ish talking punks at ESPN, CBS and Fox who always have something sideways to say about

Buffalo.

Who cares what that pickle-headed bastard says? We will see soon enough. I'm not

so tied to Cowher (would be nice, but there are other good options) But I'm getting

to the point I want Cowher not just because he's good, but moreso to stick it to those

ish talking punks at ESPN, CBS and Fox who always have something sideways to say about

Buffalo.

"something sideways to say?"

They have nothing to say. Buffalo's not even on their radar screen.

Buffalo-NC versus Tampa-NC are practically the same distance via car. I can guarantee Buffalo Bill Cowher would make up any slight time differential in air travel by way of ease of getting thru Buffalo-Niagara airport versus the daily mess at the Tampa airport.

Nevertheless, Clayton is a little piece of wood that fuels the fire of God's wrath. Leviticus 18. A twink. So 'out of touch' with this situation that he believe's Haslett is embraced by the Buffalo community...? I'll admit, I actually like Jim, but I've read/heard NOTHING but local hate for Jim Haslett. Mark Tressman... come on... who's gonna buy tickets... no way. We will land the biggest fish we can get our hook on.

If Cowher really wants to prove his ability- this is it. Lounging around tropical places like Tampa or Carolina would be a total cop out on his part, although being close to home, I can understand. But where's the TV studio he's been at every Sunday the last 2 years located... close to home?

If I were the top-rated coach out there... I'd be salivating at this opportunity... to show-off AND be a savior + legend.