Supposed big news announcement at 9pm

PromoTheRobot

Per the Cower interested in Buffalo rumor..Do you suppose Cower is really trying to turn the screws on the Panthers ownership - knowing that is where he wants to be and they have really been non-committal to John Fox? I don't think Fox would be crazy about going into next year as a lame duck and the Panthers really cannot justify firing him -- but they could make his life miserable there to the point he would resign and Cower steps in to pick up the pieces.

If said scenario plays out -- I would want John Fox in Buffalo pronto!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I just woke up after a 10 year nap.

This is starting to seem like a real possibility, it makes sense. The big news to me would be that if Cowher is genuinely interested, it would mean that a complete overhaul really is in the works. The holes are drilled, and the dynamite is being put in. A real GM and head coach, new assistants, Guy and Modrak gone, everything.

What a wonderful world this could be.

I would be happy if Cower became the Bills coach.

Per the Cower interested in Buffalo rumor..Do you suppose Cower is really trying to turn the screws on the Panthers ownership - knowing that is where he wants to be and they have really been non-committal to John Fox? I don't think Fox would be crazy about going into next year as a lame duck and the Panthers really cannot justify firing him -- but they could make his life miserable there to the point he would resign and Cower steps in to pick up the pieces.

If said scenario plays out -- I would want John Fox in Buffalo pronto!

No. Carolina either wants him or not. Sal said that Carolina is ahead of Buffalo in Cowher's list.

PTR

Google "Bill Cowher Buffalo Bills" right now... stories are EVERYWHERE. This is goin down baby, this is goin down!

Ye Ole is committed to this thing right here!

Lets just start calling him Buffalo Bill Cowher right now! Whooo-AHHHH

all based on 'coach sal's' post from his mom's basement

First of all, Sal is good people!

Second of all, he does not broadcast from his mom's basement.

Third, read his bio. he's quite accomplished.

The first time I listened to his show was last night, thanks to the heads up from Promo the Robot of Rocketship 7, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great show.

And yet he beats out reports from ESPN. How 'bout that?

I'm picturing Coach Sal as the Will Ferrell character in Wedding Crashers..."Mom, Meatloaf!!!"

Not true but a hilarious comparison.

The first time I listened to his show was last night, thanks to the heads up from Promo the Robot of Rocketship 7, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great show.

Thank you for the rep. I heard about Sal on BillsZone.com. Normally I consider anyone associated with that site to be a knuckle-dragging mouth-breather, but I gave Sal a try after getting totally pissed at another Schopp & Bulldog post game B word-fest and I was really impressed. The guy does good work with a pretty low-tech setup. Frankly, he's a good example of home grown media. The fact that he can actually get good info on the Bills is gravy.

PTR

I'm sure he's Albert Scweitzer and Florence Nightingale rolled up into 1. it is rather amazing that a guy in him mom's basement can cause such a commotion.

Thank you for the rep. I heard about Sal on BillsZone.com. Normally I consider anyone associated with that site to be a knuckle-dragging mouth-breather, but I gave Sal a try after getting totally pissed at another Schopp & Bulldog post game B word-fest and I was really impressed. The guy does good work with a pretty low-tech setup. Frankly, he's a good example of home grown media. The fact that he can actually get good info on the Bills is gravy.

PTR

Agreed. His show last night was what being a fan was all about.

And yet he beats out reports from ESPN. How 'bout that?

Not true but a hilarious comparison.

PTR

for what it was, i thought the show was terrific. POWER TO THE PEOPLE BABY! for all the bitching about espn we see on this site, you'd think a guy who is the ANTI-espn and who does his own legwork would get a little respect. he sure doesn't sound any worse than anybody on wgr...and that is not a knock on wgr...

Agreed. His show last night was what being a fan was all about.

I agree. I was very skeptical at first and posted that here. But after watching his broadcast overnight I was persuaded that he's sincere, well-intentioned, and put out all the right caveats/disclaimers to demonstrate he's fairly intelligent (such as, if Cowher doesn't sign it doesn't mean I was wrong - I never said he'd sign, I'm just reporting what the facts are AT THIS STAGE.)

All in all it takes some connections and guts to put out what he did, when he did. I shot him an email earlier today to send him some props.