matt light

bkc

as we know Bills need a left tackle desperately. Matt light might be a cost cutting move by the pats . Two time pro bowler , maybe not elite but very solid . Just throwing it out there to keep an eye on

link

Patriots coach Bill Belichick confirmed that LT Matt Light (knee) will not be handed his job back when he's healthy.

Rookie Sebastian Vollmer has been exceptional since Light went down four games ago. "We'll deal with the situation when he comes back," Belichick said. "I don't know when that's going to be." Vollmer is obviously the cheaper option going forward -- Light will make $4.5 million next season while Vollmer will earn $395,000. Light threatens to be an offseason casualty.Source: Boston Herald

I'd say yes to this. After all, I will say that a LT is more important than a QB. In this decade alone, Out of the 20 teams that have made the Super Bowl this decade (counting from 99 season to 08 season) 17 of them had a pro bowl LT. Light has been a good LT in the past, it would serve the Bills brass best to find some legit answer at LT.

No thank you - Pats cast offs have not proven successful elsewhere - If Bellicheat lets them go generally they are past their prime.

The Patriots really haven't had "cast offs". Most of their players were either acquired through free agency, and their lines built thru the draft. It will be interesting to see in the coming years, what Seymour will do, or if they lose Wilfork. What kind of contributions those guys will make with other teams. Milloy and Law were both older defensive backs. Deion Branch although he got traded for what could be considered "a lot" was never really anything to write home about. He had a solid first 2 seasons with Seattle. Seymour has had a decent year with the Raiders. Bledsoe had a few years left in him, and brought us our only winning season this decade. He also mentored Tony Romo in Dallas. Matt Light would be an upgrade for us, but then again so would anyone who could stay healthy for more than 4 games.

a vet on our line that can still play about 2 more years...ill take him while bell studies under him.

Good lineman are not built by studying. Good linemen are a product of amazing athleticism, fundementals in technique and experience gained in playing time. Offensive line is the hardest position in professional football. The biggest myth in football is that there is something learned in studying. The way to learn from a veteran is having him as a backup who is no threat to take starting time away from you.

That does not mean I would not welcome him to this team; I would, at a drastically reduced pay rate.

Good lineman are not built by studying. Good linemen are a product of amazing athleticism, fundementals in technique and experience gained in playing time. Offensive line is the hardest position in professional football. The biggest myth in football is that there is something learned in studying. The way to learn from a veteran is having him as a backup who is no threat to take starting time away from you.

That does not mean I would not welcome him to this team; I would, at a drastically reduced pay rate.

jason peters came out of arkansas as a tight end...through a lot of work he became a stud left tackle. bell came here as a defensive tackle...bell is still young but has some real athleticism...i think this would have been his 3rd year at left tackle so he's still growing into it. give him another year or two

bell is still young but has some real athleticism...i think this would have been his 3rd year at left tackle so he's still growing into it. give him another year or two

And what exactly will happen to our qb, whoever he is, in the meantime? Bell is small, weak and stupid. He, our quarterbacks, and our team are getting hurt because of these truths.

There is no way to dance around the fact that the Bills OL sucks, and has for more than a decade. We desperately need a person who can play the LT position. I would take a healthy Light in a heartbeat, and I don't care too much about cost either.

And what exactly will happen to our qb, whoever he is, in the meantime? Bell is small, weak and stupid. He, our quarterbacks, and our team are getting hurt because of these truths.

There is no way to dance around the fact that the Bills OL sucks, and has for more than a decade. We desperately need a person who can play the LT position. I would take a healthy Light in a heartbeat, and I don't care too much about cost either.

thats what im saying...bring in light for a year or two while bell develops more and then bell steps in and takes the left side

thats what im saying...bring in light for a year or two while bell develops more and then bell steps in and takes the left side

Do fans not realize the "developing" is the biggest unknown around? Bell has been in the league two years AND HAS GOTTEN WORSE EVERY GAME. He is not going to improve. Not with our coaches. Dont count on him.

...and he was not a DT coming out of college...

I think you're a good poster Bill but IMO that is a cheap shot over about a person you have never meant. You have no idea of Bell's intelligence. He is a young player who is still learning the game and had his struggles. But to call him stupid is just not fair in my opinion.

I think you're a good poster Bill but IMO that is a cheap shot over about a person you have never meant. You have no idea of Bell's intelligence. He is a young player who is still learning the game and had his struggles. But to call him stupid is just not fair in my opinion.

Perhaps you are right. Sorry to be harsh, but he doesn't seem to have a clue about the game. The penalties were costly, and this is a team that cannot afford constant, drive killing mistakes. He had no business in the lineup, let alone being a first string left tackle.

No thank you - Pats cast offs have not proven successful elsewhere - If Bellicheat lets them go generally they are past their prime.

You have a very good point. Bledsoe, Milloy, Banta-Cane, now Seymour, and a host of others have not lived up to their reputations or contracts. Ty Law was a short term answer for a couple of teams, but was paid way too much money for his performance.

Asante Samuel is the only one I can think of that has done squat since being a Pat.

Todd Light is a good LT. I would compare him to John Fina. Solid, not spectacular or real physical. Just a sound fundamental and smart player. He is often injured and on getting close to the end of his career. The best fit for him would not be a rebuilding team like the Bills. However, on an established team that is either a perrenial playoff team or on the cusp, he could make a contribution.