Name Three Owners Worse Than Old Ralph

San-O

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good

Now Don't cry when he picks up HIS team, and moves them somewhere where he can actually turn a decent profit

Seriously, if he is such a problem, go find a team that hasa better owner that you can cheer for, or, take a gun, put it in your mouth, then pull the trigger.................

Quit crying over stuff you can't control. Having an NFL team is not a right, its a privilege. No oe is forcing you to be a fan or to cheer for a specific team. The NFL is a buisness, and Buffalo is not a place where this buisness can thrive, especially with a new owner who is going to have debts in order to pay for the team

Or better yet, apuss, why don't you take your own advice here so we don't have to keep reading your "Bills can't survive in Buffalo" drivel? You've made it quite clear now that you despise the city of Buffalo and its fans, but trust me when I say the feeling is mutual on our end. We Bills fans have every right to criticize Ralph's ownership skills (how can anyone possibly argue otherwise?!) while at the same time being thankful for his starting and keeping the team in Buffalo.

And for what it's worth, outside of L.A., there simply are no credible markets left in North America where Ralph or a new owner can make a better profit than in WNY. Not even Toronto, due to its sh!tty football fanbase, its lack of a viable full-time NFL stadium, and the whole CFL territory complication...not to mention the substantial relocation fee, the veto power of Goodell, and Schumer's influence over the anti-trust deal. Ralph is fortunate that his stadium was publically funded. And he's fortunate to be in a location where the fans will sell out games despite not making the playoffs all decade. Only a small handful of NFL markets would do the same.

This clown has done virtually NOTHING for 4 years now, except bring in Marv and show up for the

ring ceremony (after canceling the 1st time). Oh yeah, he did fire Jauron after giving him an extension, so

I'm not sure if that one counts.

:worthy:

It doesn't matter. He's definitely in the bottom 10 and that equates to chronic loser status for the bills.

Or better yet, apuss, why don't you take your own advice here so we don't have to keep reading your "Bills can't survive in Buffalo" drivel? You've made it quite clear now that you despise the city of Buffalo and its fans, but trust me when I say the feeling is mutual on our end. We Bills fans have every right to criticize Ralph's ownership skills (how can anyone possibly argue otherwise?!) while at the same time being thankful for his starting and keeping the team in Buffalo.

And for what it's worth, outside of L.A., there simply are no credible markets left in North America where Ralph or a new owner can make a better profit than in WNY. Not even Toronto, due to its sh!tty football fanbase, its lack of a viable full-time NFL stadium, and the whole CFL territory complication...not to mention the substantial relocation fee, the veto power of Goodell, and Schumer's influence over the anti-trust deal. Ralph is fortunate that his stadium was publically funded. And he's fortunate to be in a location where the fans will sell out games despite not making the playoffs all decade. Only a small handful of NFL markets would do the same.

Thank you for this excellent post!

Ralph ain't going anywhere. Never was. People keep saying this---it's just insane.

Thank you for this excellent post!

Ralph ain't going anywhere. Never was. People keep saying this---it's just insane.

A recent quote from the comments section of Sullivan's latest article supports this point. "Buffalonians will support a loser as well as any city, and our attendance the last 2 years proved it. Despite a losing 1967 season, we sold 22,000 season tickets this year, and I'd expect sales to go as high as 45,000 with a new stadium." Ralph Wilson, 1969, Sports Illustrated. Forget Russ Brandon as the puppet master, it's been ralph all along.

Good

Now Don't cry when he picks up HIS team, and moves them somewhere where he can actually turn a decent profit

Seriously, if he is such a problem, go find a team that hasa better owner that you can cheer for, or, take a gun, put it in your mouth, then pull the trigger.................

Quit crying over stuff you can't control. Having an NFL team is not a right, its a privilege. No oe is forcing you to be a fan or to cheer for a specific team. The NFL is a buisness, and Buffalo is not a place where this buisness can thrive, especially with a new owner who is going to have debts in order to pay for the team

You don't think Ralphie is making a profit? Ralph has done a great job holding down ticket prices, but he's managed expenses by skimming on the front office salaries. The results speak for themselves. Bills fans have paid for a mediocre at best product. They should not be paying anymore. Ralph's organization is terrible. He lost control when he fired Bill Polian and John Butler. Then he listened to ESPN to get the bumbling Tom Donahoe. Since then, we've had a marketing guy running the team, so the signing this year of T.O. makes sense...marketing sense, but not football sense. Our drafts have been horrible. Even this year, passing on Orakpo and Oher to take Aaron Maybin shows how bad Ralph's organization/braintrust is.

Buffalo has a passionate fan base, something you will not find in L.A., whose fans go there to be seen, and if the team loses, you will not see any fans. Ticket prices will go up under a new owner, but at least that owner will have a better idea on how to build a winner. Buffalo fans will still show, especially with a winning team. Ralph Wilson rode Bill Polian's coat tails. When you look at the years without Polian, you see a pretty sorry franchise.

You don't think Ralphie is making a profit? Ralph has done a great job holding down ticket prices, but he's managed expenses by skimming on the front office salaries. The results speak for themselves. Bills fans have paid for a mediocre at best product. They should not be paying anymore. Ralph's organization is terrible. He lost control when he fired Bill Polian and John Butler. Then he listened to ESPN to get the bumbling Tom Donahoe. Since then, we've had a marketing guy running the team, so the signing this year of T.O. makes sense...marketing sense, but not football sense. Our drafts have been horrible. Even this year, passing on Orakpo and Oher to take Aaron Maybin shows how bad Ralph's organization/braintrust is.

Buffalo has a passionate fan base, something you will not find in L.A., whose fans go there to be seen, and if the team loses, you will not see any fans. Ticket prices will go up under a new owner, but at least that owner will have a better idea on how to build a winner. Buffalo fans will still show, especially with a winning team. Ralph Wilson rode Bill Polian's coat tails. When you look at the years without Polian, you see a pretty sorry franchise.

Davis and RW are in a tie for worst owners. Time for League to step in to save us and advise them who to hire to run this team. We need league help to get RW to act responsibly in the best interests of the team.

Al Davis... probably Mike Brown and possibly the meatheadedness that is the Detroit Lions "braintrust"... ol Tapioca Ralphie is probably a half-step ahead.

I at one time thought this way but I think Mike Brown has started to turn things around the last few years. He seems to be showing how a small market team can at least be competitive.

If you blame him for all of the Bills problems and ills, then you must credit him for the Superbowl era. If he is the reason the Bills are the way they are, then logic would be to say that he is the reason the Bills were one to the most dominant team in the late 80's and through the 90's.

Good

GO AWAY :worthy:

This clown has done virtually NOTHING for 4 years now, except bring in Marv and show up for the

ring ceremony (after canceling the 1st time). Oh yeah, he did fire Jauron after giving him an extension, so

I'm not sure if that one counts.

:unsure:

art modell, john y brown, and bud adams for starters you negative B word. Man you are one miserable bastard!

That would be a great post if you had proper context. The context you lack is that the OP hasn't said anything positive about the Bills since before Al Gore invented the internet. They lost 31-3 to the Falcons and that necessitated the "Ralph is the most inept man on the planet" thread.

To answer the original post, at least the Giants ownership must be worse because they lost by more points yesterday.

Good

Seriously, if he is such a problem, go find a team that has a better owner that you can cheer for, or, take a gun, put it in your mouth, then pull the trigger.................

Quit crying over stuff you can't control. Having an NFL team is not a right, its a privilege. No one is forcing you to be a fan or to cheer for a specific team. The NFL is a business, and Buffalo is not a place where this business can thrive, especially with a new owner who is going to have debts in order to pay for the team

+1 other than a waste of a good bullet

Keep thinking that without Rqalph Wilson and his "Zero Debt" team that Buffalo is a viable NFL market just cause the fans show up. If it wasn't for a smart marketing move (i.e. bringing in TO), the would be joinging Jacksonville in competing for most balkouts this year. Remember all the Season ticket holders declining to renew their season tickets until TO was signed? I don't dispise the City of Buffalo, I'm a Bills and Sabres fan, but I don't blindly see the City as being a place that is economically viable for most pro sports, and I'm appreciative that somone has atleast been willing to keep a NFL team here near by when he could have moved them to somewhere financially better. I'm not going to demand he sell his team to someone not at top dollar just cause they might be able to keep them here for a few seasons. I'm also not anxiously awaiting his death just so I can see a new owner step in.

As for your views on Toronto, what do you expect? The stadium is really bad for football, and just like alot of cities, they don't normally support something that isn't theirs. Why would the average Torontonian care about the Bills and support them at inflated prices knowing that they are doing it for someone else and not for them? Then throw in the fact that the team is not that good? Would you come out and pay 3-4x's the cost for Blue Jays tickets in Toronto if they decided to play a couple games in Buffalo every year?

Yes Ralph is fortunate to have a stadium that was publically funded and fans willing to buy tickets to a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 10 years. Its not like other teams in the league have this kind of support (too bad for places like Cleveland, Kansas City, Oakland.......). But the City of Buffalo is just as fortunate to have an owner who has very little debt and is content just to breakeven and not need to compete with the Jones, Krafts, and Snyders in the league when it comes to their "toys"

For everyone saying they are sick of hearing this, the same can be said for all the whiners who feel they are entitled to having a "winning team" every year just cause they support the team and that its a right to have an NFL team in their region. No one is forcing you to stay a fan, if its so terrible, become a fan of a team that is run like the way you want. You will find your life is much less stressful and much happier

If you blame him for all of the Bills problems and ills, then you must credit him for the Superbowl era. If he is the reason the Bills are the way they are, then logic would be to say that he is the reason the Bills were one to the most dominant team in the late 80's and through the 90's.

Ralph is responsible for the front office. To that fact, yes, he had a hand in the dominant Bills teams.

He had Bill Polian, the architect of the great Bills teams, and FIRED him. Look at the Colts now and tell me who knows what they're doing, and then look at the Bills now and tell me who made a great hire and then let the best GM in the NFL go. Ralph had Bill Polian, and you can only give him credit for bringing on Bill Polian. Polian got Kelly to sign, made the trade for Biscuit, made a bunch of great draft choices. I'd say he was the man responsible for those Bills more so than Ralphie, wouldn't you? Ralph's usefulness to the NFL ended with the AFL-NFL merger. His usefulness to Buffalo will end when he passes away, because he has done nothing that we know of to guarantee that the Bills will be staying in Buffalo. Buffalo is in NFL purgatory.

Ralph is responsible for the front office. To that fact, yes, he had a hand in the dominant Bills teams.

He had Bill Polian, the architect of the great Bills teams, and FIRED him. Look at the Colts now and tell me who knows what they're doing, and then look at the Bills now and tell me who made a great hire and then let the best GM in the NFL go. Ralph had Bill Polian, and you can only give him credit for bringing on Bill Polian. Polian got Kelly to sign, made the trade for Biscuit, made a bunch of great draft choices. I'd say he was the man responsible for those Bills more so than Ralphie, wouldn't you? Ralph's usefulness to the NFL ended with the AFL-NFL merger. His usefulness to Buffalo will end when he passes away, because he has done nothing that we know of to guarantee that the Bills will be staying in Buffalo. Buffalo is in NFL purgatory.

Take away Manning from the Colts and what do you have?

But of course, the only reason that the Colts have manning is because of Polian, right?

He had Bill Polian, the architect of the great Bills teams, and FIRED him.

First he was part of the team which built the Bills with a lot of others who contributed.

Second lots of good employees get fired for misconduct and considering the reported misconduct was regarding the owner's daughter stupid misconduct. No matter what his opinion was he should have kept his mouth civil. If you think Ralph was going to choose Polin over his daughter you are not a father.