Aaron Schobel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of all the misdirected criticism that SOME Bills fans dish out, the criticism of Schobel over the years has been by far the most stupid.

Corrected.

Some, of us have very much appreciated his play for the last 9 seasons.

of all the misdirected criticism that we Bills fans dish out, the criticism of Schobel over the years has been by far the most stupid.

Schobel was a favorite target of mine, but not this year. The guy was a gritty competitor all season ... and probably the only Buffalo Bill that Tom Brady isn't eager to see twice a year.

I do think he ought retire ... from the Bills ... and allow himself a shot at a title somewhere else.

Poz has officially taken over as the guy we can usually count on to underacheive.

Schobel was a favorite target of mine, but not this year. The guy was a gritty competitor all season.

I do think he ought retire ... from the Bills ... and allow himself a shot at a title somewhere else.

Poz has officially taken over as the guy we can usually count on to underacheive.

Despite the fact that Poz had 3 games in a row with an int., is a solid tackler, and is responsible for getting the defense in position. All while coming off a broken arm in week 1. Yeah, good guy to rag on.

See players, 10 other.

Schobel has been good his whole career. trouble is, it's almost over. He's too old to build around anymore. He can play a role, sure, and contribute. But if he's the focal point next season, we're in bigger trouble than we think.

Despite the fact that Poz had 3 games in a row with an int., is a solid tackler, and is responsible for getting the defense in position. All while coming off a broken arm in week 1. Yeah, good guy to rag on.

He's the best one to rag on. He is arguably the most over rated Bill.

I doubt he will ever make 2 pro-bowls as Schobel.

He make a few good plays he makes quite a few bad ones. For a 3 year vet I thought he would be able fend off blockers better. Take better angles on tackles and play much stronger at the point of attack. He has had 3 picks which is great but he is not a good cover LB. He is the quarterback of the 31 ranked run defense.....

I hope the Bills can give Schobel some hope to come back, he still has some football in him.

Yeah, monster games in blow out losses are really impressive. Too bad he never shows up when it counts.

What Bills game this millennium has really counted? And the Schobel bashing confounds me too. I never understood the Lee Evans haters either

Aaron Schobel is what he is- a very good football player, but in order for him to be a difference maker- and by that, I mean someone who opposiing teams scheme against, he needs to have a hall of fame type player opposite him. I would package him with a couple other players- maybe including Evans and/or Lynch with our top pick and try to move up to get Suh. Ndamukong Suh is a hall of fame caliber player that you can build around.

Yeah, monster games in blow out losses are really impressive. Too bad he never shows up when it counts.

Did it ever occur to you that playing from behind even makes it more difficult to get a sack, much less three in one game???

What Bills game this millennium has really counted? And the Schobel bashing confounds me too. I never understood the Lee Evans haters either

I'm not really bashing Schobel. He's obviously a good player. It's just please, take him off this pedestal. He's never taken over a game to the tune of affecting the QB. Sure he has had a good solid career, but stop making him out to be an actual threatening DE. Numbers at the end of season don't dictate the wealth of talent of a DE. It's how they can effect a game. Schobel, rarely, if ever, actually was a force.

Did it ever occur to you that playing from behind even makes it more difficult to get a sack, much less three in one game???

Good for him. Did he make any difference? No. He's not a difference maker. He's a decent/above average player. Did it occur to you that those three sacks did nothing to rattle their offense?