Brian Brohm

The Big Cat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy has a passerrating of 43.2 and you are all happy? WTF

What unrealistic expectations did you have of him? 25 of 30 for 290 yards and 3 TDs? He has only been with the team for 5 weeks, the oline sucks, he has an interm coach, a rookie o coordinator, it was his first ever start, and the Falcons are a pretty good team to just name a few, and your bitching he didn't play well. Really! Your a loser!

What unrealistic expectations did you have of him? 25 of 30 for 290 yards and 3 TDs? He has only been with the team for 5 weeks, the oline sucks, he has an interm coach, a rookie o coordinator, it was his first ever start, and the Falcons are a pretty good team to just name a few, and your bitching he didn't play well. Really! Your a loser!

I think the Falcons have the worst pass defense in the league (or one of the worst). I was hoping for something more, in light of that.

I think the Falcons have the worst pass defense in the league (or one of the worst). I was hoping for something more, in light of that.

No offense, but your hopes were pretty unrealistic. Even the worst Pass D in the NFL is still way tougher than any D he would have faced in college (which is the last place he has played a game). Not to mention all the other stuff working against him: First ever NFL game action, Decimated O Line, terrible OC, no reps with the first unit til this week, no timing with WR's, and the big factor of only being here 5 weeks to begin with. Those were some pretty tough variables he faced...

I will be the first to admit that I am really high on this kid, always have been, and sat there with my fingers crossed that we would draft him in 2008 when he started slipping. But, even though I think highly of him, I still didnt expect much more than he did yesterday.

If you factor in the parameters surrounding his start, I would rate this game a 7. You could see the evidence of it being his first start, but you could also see him begin to get more comfortable out there. Remember, he hasnt played in a game in 2 years and he has never played in a game at this speed with the NFL playing so much faster than college. He has a fire about him, a big arm, and was always very accurate in college.

I hope he gets another start next week for the sake of additional experience.

The guy has a passerrating of 43.2 and you are all happy? WTF

I really don't care what his 'passer rating' was or any other stat, for that matter. I wasn't expecting Dan Marino after less than a week's worth of practice with the Bills' first team offense. He definitely didn't embarrass himself, and with the exception of a dumb throw late in garbage time, he avoided the really stupid mistakes you usually see from a guy making his first NFL start.

What rating were we giving trent after his first start against the jets? Didnt we think he is our future quarterback? Guys, dont bet your money on Brohm, because history has proven that franchise quarterbacks are taken in the draft. ie) kelly, manning, brady!!

Brett Favre?

Steve Young?

What rating were we giving trent after his first start against the jets? Didnt we think he is our future quarterback? Guys, dont bet your money on Brohm, because history has proven that franchise quarterbacks are taken in the draft. ie) kelly, manning, brady!!

Brohm was taken in the draft, second round (a year after he was projected to go top 5 even #1 overall). And that was in 2008...so how does your post make any sense?

Brohm was taken in the draft, second round (a year after he was projected to go top 5 even #1 overall). And that was in 2008...so how does your post make any sense?

I think what he/she meant was that it's in a team's best interest to draft the quarterback around whom they'll form their team.

Considering he had limited exposure to the playbook during his short tenure thus far, I would give him a 7 or 8.

It is only 1 game, but he threw with authority and a crispness I have not seen at the QB position since Flutie. He did not stare down his receivers nor hold onto the ball like Losman and Bledsoe, he has a stronger arm than Holcomb, Fitzpatrick, and Edwards, and was not indecisive like Losman and Edwards. There was a speed to his game.

Give this guy a solid offensive line, and a coordinator to build some plays, and we might actually have something here.

Agreed...holy cow, he was also a whole lot better for us than Painter was for the Colts yesterday.

On a side note; I am quite sure the Colts are going to come in here next week and beat us, starters or not, and if they should go on and win the Super Bowl at 18-1 I want to see an HONEST response from them on why they whipped out there business and decided to pi** right into history's eye yesterday against the Jets.

Not this, "well we could have gotten hurt, what if Manning went down in the 2nd half, where would we be?"

You should never be afraid to play this game or realize your place in history. Sit your guys if you've locked up you spot and are 12-2, even 13-1...not when there is serious potential for your players, your organization and your fans to be able to say..."We are the only 19-0 team in football history."

I'll tell ya one play that really stood out to me... (I don't recall all the specifics, but since when so specifics matter around here) The Falcons had an all out blitz coming. Brohm recognized it, took 2 quick steps and fired the ball to Evans (I think) on a very quick slant. Of course, he didn't catch the ball so it just goes down as an incompletion.

But, seriously, when was the last time a Bills' QB recognized the blitz and threw 2 his hot receiver before getting sacked? He actually looked like a competent QB on that play. Sure, it would have been nice to see the ball actually get caught, but I'd wager the receiver wasn't expecting the ball to come out so fast.

actually wouldnt it make more sense to not draft a qb, but to build a team around a qb that you have that is at the same level as any QB you would be drafting? this frees up one more pick to draft, and we right now can see what we need to build on rather than risk a total bust in the draft

actually wouldnt it make more sense to not draft a qb, but to build a team around a qb that you have that is at the same level as any QB you would be drafting? this frees up one more pick to draft, and we right now can see what we need to build on rather than risk a total bust in the draft

This tends to be the general consensus among the nose-breathers. Welcome aboard!

My thoughts exactly, gents.

He slipped from a 7 to a 6.5 from me because of the second pick. Not the worst throw in the world, certainly not a dumb play, but he set that one up throughout the game. A great play from the CB, but sort of a no-brainer up to that point.

I agree. I was pretty pleased until that last pick. For the most part he didn't throw any bad passes. Not to bad for only being there for 4 weeks and that great line we have.

IMO he was ok, even good all things considered. Liked his poise with defenders in his face as well as his touch on short passes (inexplicably a problem for Bills QBs). Would have liked to have seen him air it out more just to get a fix on his arm strength for the long ball (intermediate throws to the flats appeared to have enough zip). Look forward to seeing him again next week. If it turns out he is a legit prospect, he still needs to sit and learn for a year or two behind a vet. Bills could have gotten something for nothing here.

1. My unrealistic prediction was actually quite close: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...03809&st=17

2. Personally I gave him a 5 for he did show some promise, I thought the 5 was pretty generous tbh.

3. Where am I bitching? I'm a loser? Learn to post your opinion without making the response a personal attack.

I missed the second half, but from what I did see I'm hopeful. There were a couple of very nice touch passes on screens when pressure was in Brohm's face. Let him play and we'll see. Poise under fire, definite ability to move around and appears to see the field.

I expected negatives given the condition of the line and so little practice time. He's gotten reps with the team for only 3 or 4 practices. Practice squad doesn't run the same offense. I look at other recent rookie qb's and think.....holy crap why can't he step in and have a first game like Sanchez etc... All rookies get smacked around and make bad decisions. Most have the opprutunity to go to training camp and work with the team for several weeks; the playbook for several months.... Brohm has had minimal exposure to the Bills system and minimal opprutunity to work with the offense. So Brohm shows up and with a week's practice gets similar numbers as our 2 former starters. This makes me want to see more. Training camp next year with a later round QB and some free agent like garcia or whatever.

Draft OL, LB and DL in first 3 rounds. Strong O line should support the run game and protect the qb. Strong D to keep the points down and keep us in games. Please get a competent coaching staff! Keep Bobby April, manage field position. Then we will see just what we have. I believe that with a strong O line, strong defense and great special teams play the Bills won't need the next P. Manning or B. Favre to make the playoffs. Then if we find Brohm is truly special we can look to win a playoff game. If not we will have a team that can attract a good FA, or draft in 1st round to add that piece.

Seriously, Kyle Orton is taking a team to the playoffs! Anyone watch him in Chicago? What does Denver have? An o line, a good D and a system that has given any friggin running back that goes there 1000 yards. (ramble complete)