Pennington or Vick

bkc

The Quaterback situation is a mess and looking on the horizon the options are not great. Putting aside claussen or Bradford for now. The Bills are stuck with a bunch of journymen to choose from. Perhaps Brohm can be the answer they will control him for another year but at this point he is not much more then a rookie . I have read a lot of negativity about both Pennington and Vick. All I know is that you can win games with Pennington. Does he have a riffle of an arm , of course not but he completes passes and wins games , by the way he was never blessed with quality recievers . As for Vick if we judge him on what he should /could do on the field he is clearly worth a shot, and please no madden comments . He has talent and even if over rated was still a top 15 qb . The real question with him is and will always be , do you want this guy leading your team ? Thought ?

i would take vick, if they keep owens, along with evans, they would have two deep threats. that plus vicks run game could be good

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Quaterback situation is a mess and looking on the horizon the options are not great. Putting aside claussen or Bradford for now. The Bills are stuck with a bunch of journymen to choose from. Perhaps Brohm can be the answer they will control him for another year but at this point he is not much more then a rookie . I have read a lot of negativity about both Pennington and Vick. All I know is that you can win games with Pennington. Does he have a riffle of an arm , of course not but he completes passes and wins games , by the way he was never blessed with quality recievers . As for Vick if we judge him on what he should /could do on the field he is clearly worth a shot, and please no madden comments . He has talent and even if over rated was still a top 15 qb . The real question with him is and will always be , do you want this guy leading your team ? Thought ?

Pennington is one of the most accurate passers in the league. He hurt us playing for New York and Miami. But he is too fragile and weak-armed to play for the Bills. Three sacks into our first possession, he would be out of the game and the following day be our first IR of the season. Vick is more elusive but can't complete the tight throws. Pick your poison.

The Vick question has been answered on the other dozen threads posted in the last month...what part of HELL NO is hard to understand? Losman has the same skill set as Vick and...he's a better leader as well...well, unless leading an organized crime ring is a positive, then I guess Vick has that one nailed down

As far as winning games, it's a team game...no QB does it on his own.

last time i checked losman runs a 4.7 not a 4.2 and vick led his team to the nfc championship....

I see how you might think they have similiar skill set , but Mike Vick won a lot of games so whatever measurables they had in common it did not translate to gameday . Plus Jp could not read d's ,lots of 5 second sacks .

1st thing you learn about football....it's the ultimate team game...no QB wins or loses on his own. I guarantee that your criminal hero wouldn't have "won a lot of games" with the teams we've had in Buffalo this decade. JP used to run like Vick always did but was coached to stay in the pocket more...look back to 2005 for proof of this

I wonder if Stallworth will get this much hate when he tries to come back.... I'm guessing no but I may be wrong. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't get the same "hate" treatment, just curious as to what the Philster has to say about that. I mean he did kill a human after getting blasted one night and he only served 30 days. I doubt that he's paid quite as much for his crime as Vick did and he killed a person...

You know where your logic went out the window on your post? The whole killed a person nonsense. No one has ever EVER said that animals were more important than humans. I challenge you to find one instance where someone has said that...nor has anyone implied anything of the sort.

Tale of the Tape

• Intent
    1. Stallworth had no malicious intent...he made a stupid decision to drive somewhere when he was in no shape to drive and it cost someone's life.
    2. Vick spent 6 years committing vicious and sadistic acts of cruelty and slaughter on his own dogs and on dogs that he stole from loving families
    3. edge-Stallworth

[*]Remorse

1. Stallworth showed remorse as soon as the crime was committed and cooperated with authorities the entire process, even going so far as to try to compensate the victim's family for their loss...a victim who was in the wrong, anyway...crossing far from a crosswalk and coming out of nowhere...a sober person could've hit him just as easily as a drunk one
    2. Vick has apologized through a prepared statement and has been involved in programs as a condition of his reinstatement to the league but has frequently tried to portray himself as a victim instead of the victimizer
    3. edge-Stallworth

So there you have it. It's all so simple when you break things down scientifically. Donte Stallworth, even after spending years playing for the cheating Patriots, beats Mike Vick easily when it comes to who's the better person. If there's room in hell for only one of these two miscreants, Vick's spot in the hellfires is guaranteed

I wonder if Stallworth will get this much hate when he tries to come back.... I'm guessing no but I may be wrong. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't get the same "hate" treatment, just curious as to what the Philster has to say about that. I mean he did kill a human after getting blasted one night and he only served 30 days. I doubt that he's paid quite as much for his crime as Vick did and he killed a person...

got damnit i owe you a beer.. i couldnt have said it better...

I hope we don't get Vick. He might be good, might not be good. But I don't like him and don't want him on my team.

If Pennington is healthy I'd LOVE to have him on the Bills next year. He wins. He would command respect from the other players and wouldn't have to earn it sometime during next season. He had beaten Bill Bellyache. He knows a lot about the Fish offense and direction having been out their team this year.

If Chad isn't healthy, these other guys would be good to have.

FAs - Kyle Orton. He is a FA and if Denver doesn't make the playoffs they may not keep him. Who knows, McDaniels is a nut, he may not resign him regardless. We should make a serious run at him. 20 TDs 9 INTs so far this year. Tavaris Jackson. Not great but better than what we got. Charlie Batch. Duante Culpepper. Most of these guys have at least played in playoff games.

Trades - Todd Collins, Kerry Collins, Billy Volek, Mark Brunell

I'd rather go with a vet who has already leaned how to read defenses, has adjusted to the speed of the game, and has won some on someone else's dime. Someone who with a better line and a little bit better defense could win 9 or 10 games NEXT YEAR. Think how much fun it would be to be 8-7 right now and be playing next weekend to get int he playoffs. We're not that far off. Let's not be trying to develop somebody at QB next year for the 6th year in a row.

Then we'd be able to attract better FAs and can worry about a long term franchise QB if that's even necessary. Short term guys have won SBs lately including Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer. Others have made it SBs and lost like Kurt Warner.

Pennington does not have an arm and we are not even sure if he is going to come back and play next year. We trash trentative for not having an arm, but say pennington has a better one, and is better off, in Buffalo, the windy-est stadium in the NFL :unsure: (Due to being dug 30 or so feet below sea level)<---useless fact

I just assumed it was common knowledge on this board that the Philster is a moron. He should spend more time with the Jills, maybe they could teach him a thing or two about football.

Last year, Pennington led the dolphins to the playoffs, without any quality receivers. Last year, where was michael vick? OH yea, in prison! I was never really liked vick when he was in his prime in Atlanta, and now after not playing for two years, i dont see how hes any better or even the same as before. If we have a chance to get pennington, we have to get him!

Pennington will work when we fix the OL....Pennington succeeded in Miami, because they built a good OL and ran the ball with Ronnie Brown and used tricks like Wild Cat.

For us to work with Pennington, we need to build our line which is in shambles....

Kerry Collins might be a decent stop gap except, like Bledsoe, he has little mobility and behind a terrible OL he would be killed. The quandary is finding a QB that can stay healthy and shine behind a crap OL. Those guys aren't easy to find, especially on the scrap heap.

Garcia

Pennington will work when we fix the OL....Pennington succeeded in Miami, because they built a good OL and ran the ball with Ronnie Brown and used tricks like Wild Cat.

For us to work with Pennington, we need to build our line which is in shambles....

The biggest issue with our O-line is injuries. G-C-G should be set for quite a while once Wood comes back from his leg injury....and McKinney and Incognito should provide solid depth

The questions are the T spots. Bell's struggled mightily this year when he's actually been healthy. Can he be good? questionable at best. How's Butler going to be when he comes back? He barely got any time at RT before his injury. As far as depth...Scott seems to be the best of a poor lot and he actually quit in a game according to an interview he gave. Meredith might develop and Chambers...outplayed Peters in 2008 but slumped off big time just over the offseason. Went from starting at LG until Levitre was ready to getting cut and was only brought back after Walker was released.

Look what Houston has been able to do by bringing in Vick's backup in ATL, David Carr

Who -- in addition to Vick and Pennington -- are the David Carr's we can look at in 2010?

Ummm, that would be Matt Schaub. David Carr failed in Houston and is now Eli's backup.

Vick's record in ATL: 38-28-1

and that was how many months of prison ago?

Exactly. John Murphy, Mark Kelso and Chris Brown (buffalobills.com guy) were just here in Atlanta for a Q&A session, and they were adamant that Vick is not the QB that he was years ago, and he never was a good passer. They said the Bills would not be pursuing him.

Next year's free agent QB list:

Kyle Orton

Chad Pennington

Jason Campbell

Tarvaris Jackson

Kellen Clemens

Charlie Batch

Kyle Boller

David Carr

Brodie Croyle

Daunte Culpepper

Rex Grossman