Updated NFL Mock Draft

Anyone think this would be a good idea???? Not in the first round if you ask me

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

10 BUFFALO BILLS: DEZ BRYANT, WR, OKLAHOMA STATE

Scouting Report

This may be the worst-case scenario for Buffalo because they miss out on the two top quarterback prospects in this draft as well as the best offensive tackle. All is not lost though because Oklahoma State’s Dez Bryant would be a steal if he fell this far. The Terrell Owens experiment clearly didn’t work out and it’s unlikely he’ll be brought back next season so the Bills will have to find somebody to replace him. Checking in at a solid 6-2 and 220 pounds, Bryant doesn’t have elite timed speed but he is very elusive, a great leaper with terrific ball skills and catches everything in sight. Bryant has the potential to be a true #1 target at the next level and many feel he is just as good of a prospect as Michael Crabtree was coming out of college, if not better. The addition of Bryant would give Buffalo a big-time playmaker in the passing game, although they will still have to find somebody to throw him the ball as well as somebody to protect the guy throwing the ball. If only they hadn’t passed on stud offensive tackle Michael Oher in favor of Aaron Maybin, a situational pass rusher who has made little or no impact as a rookie. The Bills also have a glaring need at outside linebacker but Texas’ Sergio Kindle is more of a 3-4 guy and this is too early for Missouri’s Sean Weatherspoon. This isn't an ideal situation for the Bills but based on who’s available Dez Bryant is the best option they have at this point.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As on of the most positive Bills fan on the player, this maybe my breaking point. I think Bryant is a great talent but the last think we need is more receivers or d backs. We are fine in that area and they are the positions that win championships.

Echo, echo, echo, echo echo!

:wallbash:

Any position but QB or RB

Any position but the most important one in the game?

I can't see the sense in that.

OL is important, but a top-tier QB can make a bigger difference than the OL (see GB, Pittsburgh, Tennessee). So unless the team is convinced that no top-tier QB is available when they pick, that has to be the move.

Dez Bryant? Is that really the best that these people could come up with? Makes you wonder if these clowns even do any research into a team's areas of need before they throw these mock drafts online. More likely scenario: It's decided by 3 or 4 internet geeks throwing darts at random prospects' names on the wall of their parents' basement.

The Farmers Almanac > Mock Drafts prior to the month of March.

Its not completely ridiculous. If the Bills were to pick the best player available at 10, Dez Bryant would be a steal. If I said to you guys last year "Michael Crabtree will be on the board when we pick", everyone on this board would have wanted to take him. And by all accounts, Bryant is very similar and could be better.

That being said, I clearly don't see WR as our top need. If the Bills are unfortunate enough to be picking at the 10 spot (considering how awful their team is) and all of the top QBs are gone, I really, really hope they trade down and grab some more picks.

Not a horrible pick, but sure not one I would be very happy about.

On the other hand, we've seen how targeting certain positions and ignoring the BPA has done for us the past few years.

Bryant would be a long-range benefit type of pick. It would mean that they are building for the future rather than for 2010. I wouldn't hold that against them. It's the best strategy, IMHO, but it means you have to wait. God, I'm tired of waiting. Still, if we would have to reach at QB, LT or LB as an alternative for Bryant, I'd rather trade down but if no good trade is available, avoid reaches and take Bryant

It sure looks like Hardy and Johnson are questionable as to what they will bring to the table anyway. In the long run, it could be seen as a great pick.

Assuming they're not addressed in FA, the first 3 picks should be dedicated to 3 of these priority positions with the best player available: QB, OT, DT, LB.

I agree with the positional needs. However, there is a huge difference in their priorities.

I firmly believe that the men in the trenches will win you more football games in the long run. Drafting smaller skill position players in Buffalo's current situation is like buying new pimped out hubcaps for a car that doesn't run. They may look pretty, but they don't fix the problem.

How many QB's have to come and go to the hospital before someone realizes the LINE is the problem!

How much did Owens help the team when the QB's were beaten senseless? Lee Evans is largely invisible. Why?

A good OL will make an average QB look good and a bad OL will make any QB look bad. Please upgrade the lines FIRST!

IMO, if they draft a QB or WR or RB they are totally missing the point.

It probably wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't hate it. It isn't the top need, but considering that the Bills have consistently been one of the worst passing teams in the league for nearly a decade now and with Owens likely to sign elsewhere, I do expect the new front office will want to add a WR in the middle rounds to provide some competition for Hardy and Johnson. Depending upon how those early picks play out, I wouldn't be stunned if the Bills end up using the #1 at the position, though again, it would not be my first choice.