Updated NFL Mock Draft

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if this was discussed yet..Bills have 3 WR's that will be FA this year..Josh Reed, Lee Evans and T.O...although I thought Evans was re-signed to an extension..??..can't remember...anyways, the pick might have been made with this in mind...either way, I'd rather see OT or defense to help stop the run

I would rather take Trent Williams OL. I would not be happy with this pick

Trent Williams should not be a lottery pick. Not even a question.

He has struggled tremendously this season and has proven to be far too slow to play LT in the NFL. He is a solid, future RT and not something we need at high up.

As one of the most positive Bills fan on the planet, this may be my breaking point. I think Bryant is a great talent but the last think we need is more receivers or d backs. We are fine in that area and they are the positions that win championships.

Lee Evans and.....yeah

that's the last thing we need. lol. Not sure if you even watch games.

Anyone think this would be a good idea???? Not in the first round if you ask me

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

10 BUFFALO BILLS: DEZ BRYANT, WR, OKLAHOMA STATE

Scouting Report

This may be the worst-case scenario for Buffalo because they miss out on the two top quarterback prospects in this draft as well as the best offensive tackle. All is not lost though because Oklahoma State’s Dez Bryant would be a steal if he fell this far. The Terrell Owens experiment clearly didn’t work out and it’s unlikely he’ll be brought back next season so the Bills will have to find somebody to replace him. Checking in at a solid 6-2 and 220 pounds, Bryant doesn’t have elite timed speed but he is very elusive, a great leaper with terrific ball skills and catches everything in sight. Bryant has the potential to be a true #1 target at the next level and many feel he is just as good of a prospect as Michael Crabtree was coming out of college, if not better. The addition of Bryant would give Buffalo a big-time playmaker in the passing game, although they will still have to find somebody to throw him the ball as well as somebody to protect the guy throwing the ball. If only they hadn’t passed on stud offensive tackle Michael Oher in favor of Aaron Maybin, a situational pass rusher who has made little or no impact as a rookie. The Bills also have a glaring need at outside linebacker but Texas’ Sergio Kindle is more of a 3-4 guy and this is too early for Missouri’s Sean Weatherspoon. This isn't an ideal situation for the Bills but based on who’s available Dez Bryant is the best option they have at this point.

[/quot

I can't say that I have the knowledge you do on individual college players because I don't, but I do know the Buffalo Bills better than the average fan and want the Bills to land the players they need in the NFL Draft. I really think the Bills need to

find a way to draft for positional needs first (unless the talent gap vs positional need is really drastically different). I am hoping that we address our Offensive & Defensive line defieciencies and QB needs in each of the first 3 rounds! I would like a QB in the first round unless there isn't a QB left in the 1st round to justify it. I want a left offensive tackle that is projected to play the left offensive tackle position in the NFL. I want a top flight DT to strengthen the middle of our defense.

Sure we need to address our LB positions as well, but I think that we can draft a WR in the 4th-6th rounds and maybe get lucky. It happens with RB's and WR's fairly often in comparision to your other positions. I think it's all pointless though if we don't hire a new GM, Scouting personnel, Coach(es), especially strength & conditioning coaches, and head coach.