religion

I think alot of people who have negative views of gays don't know any personally or haven't taken the time to get to know them. I used to have the typical religious view regarding them, but then I actually talked to some and got to know their issues, and my views changed. I don't have to like what they do, but I have learned to be tolerant. To each his own.

Sure, you can tolerate their alternative views long as they're not corksucking Log Cabin Republicans.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. If you hate a gay person because you think it is the godly thing to do (or you've just been raised to fear them), then what is that?

Maybe you just don't like &*#@ suckers?

That definitely qualifies for being hateful. If you are happy being hateful, that is fine and dandy. You do that, do what makes you happy. But bringing that hate into the law and enforcing that hate legally is not cool.

You listed two reason's. I merely listed a third.

Lol... I'm sorry, are you inferring that Christians are oppressed or something? What are you saying here? Just trying to figure out the possibilities of what you are trying to say makes me laugh.

Are you trying to say gays are oppressed because they can't get married? Do you know what the word oppressed means?

BTW, everything you write on this PPP board makes me laugh.

Are you trying to say gays are oppressed because they can't get married? Do you know what the word oppressed means?

BTW, everything you write on this PPP board makes me laugh.

Frankly, you equating religious folks hating gays to Atheists hating Christians is laughable.

Frankly, you equating religious folks hating gays to Atheists hating Christians is laughable.

How? I have seen and heard a lot of posters who lean to the left of the political spectrum spew there hatred towards Christians. Do you deny that? Do you think atheists don't hate Christians? Do you hate Christians?

No, I do not hate gays. I just believe marriage should be between a man and a women.

Just because there is a law in place, does not mean that law oppresses people.

How? I have seen and heard a lot of posters who lean to the left of the political spectrum spew there hatred towards Christians. Do you deny that? Do you think atheists don't hate Christians? Do you hate Christians?

No, I do not hate gays. I just believe marriage should be between a man and a women.

Just because there is a law in place, does not mean that law oppresses people.

I wasn't defending Connor by any means. I don't think gays are oppressed. Whether they can marry or not is for another thread.

:wallbash: Atheists hate Christians? Maybe your limited experience with the militant ones on this board will tell you that, but in real life, it appears to be quite the opposite. I don't mind telling you I'm an atheist, and I certainly don't hate Christians. I don't even hate your views or beliefs, however misguided I might think they are. However, I've met more Christians that hate me, simply because I deny the existence of their god, than I can count on my fingers and toes. Not to mention the Christians I haven't expressed my (non)beliefs to. Also, I have a number of friends who are Atheists, none of which express any sort of outward hatred towards people of any belief.

So no, I don't think atheists, for the most part, hate Christians. Instead, I would state that the contra-positive is true.

I wasn't defending Connor by any means. I don't think gays are oppressed. Whether they can marry or not is for another thread.

:wallbash: Atheists hate Christians? Maybe your limited experience with the militant ones on this board will tell you that, but in real life, it appears to be quite the opposite. I don't mind telling you I'm an atheist, and I certainly don't hate Christians. I don't even hate your views or beliefs, however misguided I might think they are. However, I've met more Christians that hate me, simply because I deny the existence of their god, than I can count on my fingers and toes. Not to mention the Christians I haven't expressed my (non)beliefs to. Also, I have a number of friends who are Atheists, none of which express any sort of outward hatred towards people of any belief.

So no, I don't think atheists, for the most part, hate Christians. Instead, I would state that the contra-positive is true.

There is a certain stigma in this country that is associated with being an atheist. That's because the majority are idiots.

There is a certain stigma in this country that is associated with being an atheist. That's because the majority are idiots.

Your last sentence is correct. That's why akhmed whatshisname is president. Their is no "stigma' associated with being a atheist-more a sympathy for people who have to go though life without faith.

This really is a terriffic post. Unlike the usual garbage we get from the likes of Delapelle and Frenkle, this actually shows intelligence.

Your last sentence is correct. That's why akhmed whatshisname is president. Their is no "stigma' associated with being a atheist-more a sympathy for people who have to go though life without faith.

Take a look at this: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=1786422&page=1

More than 2,000 randomly selected people were interviewed by researchers from the University of Minnesota.

Asked whether they would disapprove of a child's wish to marry an atheist, 47.6 percent of those interviewed said yes. Asked the same question about Muslims and African-Americans, the yes responses fell to 33.5 percent and 27.2 percent, respectively. The yes responses for Asian-Americans, Hispanics, Jews and conservative Christians were 18.5 percent, 18.5 percent, 11.8 percent and 6.9 percent, respectively.

When asked which groups did not share their vision of American society, 39.5 percent of those interviewed mentioned atheists. Asked the same question about Muslims and homosexuals, the figures dropped to a slightly less depressing 26.3 percent and 22.6 percent, respectively. For Hispanics, Jews, Asian-Americans and African-Americans, they fell further to 7.6 percent, 7.4 percent, 7.0 percent and 4.6 percent, respectively.

And I don't need any sympathy, my life is quite full without faith.

Take a look at this: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=1786422&page=1

And I don't need any sympathy, my life is quite full without faith.

The results of this study suggest a couple of partial remedies. One is a movie analogy of "Brokeback Mountain," which dealt with manly cowboys coming to grips with their homosexuality.

A dramatic rendition of a devoutly religious person (or couple) coming to grips with the realization of his (their) disbelief may be eye-opening for many

Why does this whole religious argument with atheists always boil down to homosexuality?

Yeah if thats all you think about, naturally I would prefer my daughter to marry a black Asian born again Muslim.

:lol: Atheists hate Christians? Maybe your limited experience with the militant ones on this board will tell you that, but in real life, it appears to be quite the opposite. I don't mind telling you I'm an atheist, and I certainly don't hate Christians. I don't even hate your views or beliefs, however misguided I might think they are. However, I've met more Christians that hate me, simply because I deny the existence of their god, than I can count on my fingers and toes. Not to mention the Christians I haven't expressed my (non)beliefs to. Also, I have a number of friends who are Atheists, none of which express any sort of outward hatred towards people of any belief.

I would agree with you for the most part, but I have noticed more and more hate coming from atheists the past few years. I have been a liberal for most of my life growing up. The liberals of my day are nothing like the liberals of today. I find it pretty funny they call Christians hateful, when all you have to do is read their posts. There seems to be a growing movement against anything Christian or Jewish. They would not dare to insult muslims, they don't have the guts.

Your little shot at my beliefs being misguided. You atheists just can't agree to disagree without throwing your little comments in. As far as having a bunch of Christians hating on you, I'm sorry, I'm not buying it.

If you really believe what you are saying, keep the cheap shots to yourself.

Are you disagreeing with the idiocy of trying to use a cartoon to argue your point or the message of said cartoon?

Probably the message. Everyone knows Jesus is hispanic. Hell, he lives across the street from me - I hired him to clean out my gutters this year.