religion

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's that? His irrational hatred should encompass all belief, not just the right one.

I'd hate to put words in anyone's mouth, but all religion can go the way of the dodo as far as I'm concerned. The world would be a much better place without all of these misguided ridiculous beliefs.

I'd hate to put words in anyone's mouth, but all religion can go the way of the dodo as far as I'm concerned. The world would be a much better place without all of these misguided ridiculous beliefs.

He was just good friends with a hooker. He didn't sleep with her. Promise.

You put words in nobody's mouth but your own, which is fitting since they were so self-serving.

I think this qualifies, hands down, as the most moronic statement ever made on this board. I mean, for a guy who pisses and moans because people on the right don't understand compassion, and how we don't understand how a completely FUBAR'ed health care bill is going to help those who can't help themselves, you'd think you'd have even the slightest inkling of how much GOOD comes from many religions which are fully committed to helping their fellow man both here and abroad.

But no, we don't need the good religions because the bad religions make it all worthless.

Understand that I personally am far from having any religion in my life, so I completely mean it when I say you are the most myopic moron to consistently post on this board. You actually make Conner look smart. You make Bishop sound straight. You make Blzrul sound like a lady. You make BF sound like a master chef.

The world would be a better place without all religions? What a phucking moron.

I think this qualifies, hands down, as the most moronic statement ever made on this board. I mean, for a guy who pisses and moans because people on the right don't understand compassion, and how we don't understand how a completely FUBAR'ed health care bill is going to help those who can't help themselves, you'd think you'd have even the slightest inkling of how much GOOD comes from many religions which are fully committed to helping their fellow man both here and abroad.

But no, we don't need the good religions because the bad religions make it all worthless.

Understand that I personally am far from having any religion in my life, so I completely mean it when I say you are the most myopic moron to consistently post on this board. You actually make Conner look smart. You make Bishop sound straight. You make Blzrul sound like a lady. You make BF sound like a master chef.

The world would be a better place without all religions? What a phucking moron.

Most ills in the world and throughout history can be traced directly to religion and there is no such thing as a good or bad religion. Atrocities have been performed in the name of MANY gods. Even if you cite the good that you think religion does, why delude ourselves? Do you need some god looking over your shoulder in order to do the right thing or are you man enough to do the right thing simply because it's the right thing? Why should the REALITY take a backseat to "all the good" you think religion does? Just make sure you say Merry Christmas and (in the spirit of the holiday) enjoy all that you do for yourself and screw everybody else, right? It's the Conservative way! You phucking hypocrite.

As do most around here. By God's grace the majority of the faithful around here are Christians. Can't imagine Del-lapel posting that nonsense on an islamic Jihad website, can you?

Please expand- I really want to know what you mean by this- without inserting my own biases in, and distorting your true intent.

Most ills in the world and throughout history can be traced directly to religion and there is no such thing as a good or bad religion. Atrocities have been performed in the name of MANY gods. Even if you cite the good that you think religion does, why delude ourselves? Do you need some god looking over your shoulder in order to do the right thing or are you man enough to do the right thing simply because it's the right thing? Why should the REALITY take a backseat to "all the good" you think religion does? Just make sure you say Merry Christmas and (in the spirit of the holiday) enjoy all that you do for yourself and screw everybody else, right? It's the Conservative way! You phucking hypocrite.

Religion is neutral- people are good or bad. Many becomes zealots and do very bad things- and it happens a lot more in this country than we want to admit.

Religion is neutral- people are good or bad. Many becomes zealots and do very bad things- and it happens a lot more in this country than we want to admit.

+1

Religion tends to be what you make of it. I see people every day take it and do a lot of good with it, but we see people everyday take it and use it as an excuse to do terrible things.

They are NOT the same. God created man. Man created religion.

Amazing. This is twice in a month I agree with you on something. I'm scared. Someone hold me.

:thumbsup:

Seriously though, people just can't (or won't) understand the difference between faith and religion.

Please expand- I really want to know what you mean by this- without inserting my own biases in, and distorting your true intent.

My point is that Delapelle is bold when he spouts ignorant hatred toward believers of Christianity, but I sincerely doubt he has the stones to hit up some Muslim websites and start talking crap. They tend to be not so understanding towards criticism of their beliefs.

I think alot of people who have negative views of gays don't know any personally or haven't taken the time to get to know them. I used to have the typical religious view regarding them, but then I actually talked to some and got to know their issues, and my views changed. I don't have to like what they do, but I have learned to be tolerant. To each his own.