Cerrato Gone

plenzmd1

So just heard on the radio that Cerrato has "resigned" from the Skins. With Holmgren and Shannahan wanting control, you knew ole Vinnie was going to have to go. Find it funny though that this happened one day after Holmgren was in Cleveland. So, if Holmgren goes to Washington, would that increase the chances Shanny comes here? BTW, i am on the record as not wanting Shanny here, but thats another story.

I will post link as soon as I find one

Links below..thx Joe

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So just heard on the radio that Cerrato has "resigned" from the Skins. With Holmgren and Shannahan wanting control, you knew ole Vinnie was going to have to go. Find it funny though that this happened one day after Holmgren was in Cleveland. So, if Holmgren goes to Washington, would that increase the chances Shanny comes here? BTW, i am on the record as not wanting Shanny here, but thats another story.

I will post link as soon as I find one

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/310193-...-fans-celebrate

Its also on espn.com...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750356

First thought was the same as yours--Danny has a deal with someone who wants total control.

Not surprising really...except that Vinnie and Danny are BFF's. Word is that they have not hung out much during the season like in year's past. Kind of like a breakup or divorce.

Anyway, they could not entice Shanny or anyone of that magnitude to come to DC unless Vinnie was out of the picture. It was inevitable since Danny wants to overhaul the operation much like Ralph.

You heard it here, John Gruden. Local people in DC have disclosed that Gruden came to DC two days earlier than Jaws and Tirico (not normal). They do the MNF game in Washington this week. It just so happens, that Cerrato resigns this morning, when Gruden is here. It's clear now that Gruden has an "out" from his ESPN contract. Snyder has always pursued Gruden. Bruce Allen and Gruden get along. do the math.

Bring Vinnie Cerrato to Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! I've got an idea. Why not do the same thing with Bills management that they have done so often with the players: bring them in and give them a different job to do than the one they are qualified for? They could hire Cerrato and make him the Conditioning and Fitness Manager.

What's that? They already are doing that? Marv and Russ are examples? Oh yeh, that's right. :unsure:

These things are almost done deals:

Shanahan to Washington

Holmgren to Cleveland

Cowher to Carolina

And Buffalo, with it's cheap, ossified, death-defying loser of an owner will continue to sit on its hands and lose for another decade.

$10M/yr and a piece of the team is cheap??? Can't you just accept that none of these rock star coaches wanna come here? Also if you think hiring one of these prima donnas is the only way to win then we are doomed.

PTR

Folks need to get over Shanahan...STAT.

There is NO evidence to suggest a once successful Super Bowl winning coach (who had a HOF QB) can come out of retirement to right a team with NO QB, offensive line and LB corps. Shanahan's as likely to do it as somebody the layman has never heard of.

These things are almost done deals:

Shanahan to Washington

Holmgren to Cleveland

Cowher to Carolina

And Buffalo, with it's cheap, ossified, death-defying loser of an owner will continue to sit on its hands and lose for another decade.

What a dumb post.

The problem I see with rock star coaches is they are looking for an easy road back to the top. None of them want to do any real work rebuilding a team like the Bills. We need people who are still hungry. Big paychecks rarely = success. When you have that kind of cash, you want to enjoy it, not bust your ass.

PTR

What a dumb post.

Yeah? You tell me what's wrong about it. Lombardi is reporting that his "sources" tell him that Allen will be hiring Shanny to coach the 'Skins. So they now have the best offensive mind in the game as well as a solid personnel evaluator. The Bills have nothing close to either. Ralph's cash-to-cap philosophy will make it exceedingly difficult to recruit either a good GM or a good coach, because they'll have less money to spend to accumulate the kind of depth that an NFL roster needs. Ralph's age - the elephant in the room in these discussions - also makes things difficult, because (let's face it) he doesn't have many years left and so the situation here is not inherently stable. An ownership change within the next 5-10 years is a certainty, and that makes the GM/coaching jobs tougher sells. Then you have history as a guidepost: Ralph has done just enough over the last decade to sell tickets, but nothing more. There is no reason to believe he'll do anything beyond that now. And the Bills fans are complicit in that parade of nonsense. I can't believe this Sunday's game sold out. What do the Bills have to do to prevent their fans from shelling out their hard-earned dollars? They've pretty much deliberately sabotaged this season - it was obvious before the season even started that the Bills had absolutely no shot - they put a horrid product on the field, and they're going to likely get whitewashed and embarassed by a more-than-competent division rival this Sunday. Yet you people pay to go see it. Unbelievable. This organization is beyond free-fall, it's mired in suck, and it won't be changing any time soon like it or not.

Yeah? You tell me what's wrong about it. Lombardi is reporting that his "sources" tell him that Allen will be hiring Shanny to coach the 'Skins. So they now have the best offensive mind in the game as well as a solid personnel evaluator.

Best offensive mind in the game? So good he was fired a year ago and has stayed out of work since then?

The Bills have nothing close to either.

At least not that Lombardi is reporting.

Ralph's cash-to-cap philosophy will make it exceedingly difficult to recruit either a good GM or a good coach, because they'll have less money to spend to accumulate the kind of depth that an NFL roster needs.

There is nothing to suggest The Bills are strapped for personnel cash, or will be any time soon.

Ralph's age - the elephant in the room in these discussions - also makes things difficult, because (let's face it) he doesn't have many years left and so the situation here is not inherently stable.

I didn't see Lombardi reporting on this...

An ownership change within the next 5-10 years is a certainty, and that makes the GM/coaching jobs tougher sells. Then you have history as a guidepost: Ralph has done just enough over the last decade to sell tickets, but nothing more. There is no reason to believe he'll do anything beyond that now.

Completely false. See: Dockery's contract, Walker's contract, Evans' contract, Owens' contract, Kesay's contract, Schobel's contract, McGee's contract, and Jackson's contract for reference. There's NOTHING to support the claim that Wilson's unwilling to open his wallet.

And the Bills fans are complicit in that parade of nonsense. I can't believe this Sunday's game sold out. What do the Bills have to do to prevent their fans from shelling out their hard-earned dollars?

You'd rather we just fizz out and go the way of the Jags?

They've pretty much deliberately sabotaged this season - it was obvious before the season even started that the Bills had absolutely no shot - they put a horrid product on the field, and they're going to likely get whitewashed and embarassed by a more-than-competent division rival this Sunday.

So incompetent they're two turnovers away from leading the division.

Yet you people pay to go see it. Unbelievable. This organization is beyond free-fall, it's mired in suck, and it won't be changing any time soon like it or not.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! :unsure: