Cerrato Gone

plenzmd1

Best offensive mind in the game? So good he was fired a year ago and has stayed out of work since then?

Yup, because he was getting paid to sit on the sidelines. Honestly, this isn't really disputed.

At least not that Lombardi is reporting.

Right, nice one.

There is nothing to suggest The Bills are strapped for personnel cash, or will be any time soon.

It's not about being "strapped." It's the cash-to-cap philosophy that they've chosen to implement.

I didn't see Lombardi reporting on this...

Again, very clever.

Completely false. See: Dockery's contract, Walker's contract, Evans' contract, Owens' contract, Kesay's contract, Schobel's contract, McGee's contract, and Jackson's contract for reference. There's NOTHING to support the claim that Wilson's unwilling to open his wallet.

Again, you obviously misunderstand my point. It's not that they won't lay out for big contracts. It's that cash-to-cap limits the total amount they'll commit to a given season, which directly impacts depth.

You'd rather we just fizz out and go the way of the Jags?

I'd rather Ralph sell the team so that it would have a chance to win a few more games.

So incompetent they're two turnovers away from leading the division.

If your point is that the Bills are a decent team, I'm not sure what to say to you...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks need to get over Shanahan...STAT.

There is NO evidence to suggest a once successful Super Bowl winning coach (who had a HOF QB) can come out of retirement to right a team with NO QB, offensive line and LB corps. Shanahan's as likely to do it as somebody the layman has never heard of.

Well, if a superbowl winning coach can't right this team, then no coach can.

If your point is that the Bills are a decent team, I'm not sure what to say to you...

The Bills are NOT one of the worst teams in the league. They're consistently muddled in the middle of the pack, mostly towards the bottom, but it's not nearly as apocalyptic as most of you clowns make it sound.

Well, if a superbowl winning coach can't right this team, then no coach can.

Are you suggesting that only a guy who's won the Super Bowl CAN win the Super Bowl?

Are you suggesting a guy who's won the Super Bowl is more likely to win one?

Are you suggesting that winning the Super Bowl is the only prerequisite for turning a team around?

Do some research, bub. These are the opposite of true.

The Bills are NOT one of the worst teams in the league. They're consistently muddled in the middle of the pack, mostly towards the bottom, but it's not nearly as apocalyptic as most of you clowns make it sound.

You're just wrong about that. You say they're 1-2 turnovers away from first place. They're also 1-2 turnovers away from LAST place. They've been that way for a decade. They're near the bottom of the league in every single meaningful statistical category, save punting average and pass defense. They have almost no impact players.

You're just wrong about that. You say they're 1-2 turnovers away from first place. They're also 1-2 turnovers away from LAST place. They've been that way for a decade. They're near the bottom of the league in every single meaningful statistical category, save punting average and pass defense. They have almost no impact players.

"Stats are for losers."

By your own admission, we're somewhere in the middle. How can 1-2 turnovers from last place be any more valid than 1-2 turnovers away from first place?????

Yeah? You tell me what's wrong about it. Lombardi is reporting that his "sources" tell him that Allen will be hiring Shanny to coach the 'Skins. So they now have the best offensive mind in the game as well as a solid personnel evaluator. The Bills have nothing close to either. Ralph's cash-to-cap philosophy will make it exceedingly difficult to recruit either a good GM or a good coach, because they'll have less money to spend to accumulate the kind of depth that an NFL roster needs. Ralph's age - the elephant in the room in these discussions - also makes things difficult, because (let's face it) he doesn't have many years left and so the situation here is not inherently stable. An ownership change within the next 5-10 years is a certainty, and that makes the GM/coaching jobs tougher sells. Then you have history as a guidepost: Ralph has done just enough over the last decade to sell tickets, but nothing more. There is no reason to believe he'll do anything beyond that now. And the Bills fans are complicit in that parade of nonsense. I can't believe this Sunday's game sold out. What do the Bills have to do to prevent their fans from shelling out their hard-earned dollars? They've pretty much deliberately sabotaged this season - it was obvious before the season even started that the Bills had absolutely no shot - they put a horrid product on the field, and they're going to likely get whitewashed and embarassed by a more-than-competent division rival this Sunday. Yet you people pay to go see it. Unbelievable. This organization is beyond free-fall, it's mired in suck, and it won't be changing any time soon like it or not.

One dumb post followed by another. That paragraph was horrible, and you should be ashamed of yourself. You sound like a child. I'm sure the Bills are the only team to have a bad decade, ever. You make it seem like every team is winning the superbowl consistently. You're a joke, we don't need whinny fans like you. Another pessimistic asshat who thinks complaining about the obvious issues in the organization make him some genius. I'll tell you whats unbelievable. Its unbelievable that you hate the Bills as much as you put on. I don't believe a word of it.

One dumb post followed by another. That paragraph was horrible, and you should be ashamed of yourself. You sound like a child. I'm sure the Bills are the only team to have a bad decade, ever. You make it seem like every team is winning the superbowl consistently. You're a joke, we don't need whinny fans like you. Another pessimistic asshat who thinks complaining about the obvious issues in the organization make him some genius. I'll tell you whats unbelievable. Its unbelievable that you hate the Bills as much as you put on. I don't believe a word of it.

How many teams have failed to make the playoffs over the last decade? They've sucked the optimism out of me pal. Sounds like you'll still be buying tickets, and directing your anger at pessimists like me instead of where it belongs - Ralph Wilson.

How many teams have failed to make the playoffs over the last decade? They've sucked the optimism out of me pal. Sounds like you'll still be buying tickets, and directing your anger at pessimists like me instead of where it belongs - Ralph Wilson.

Why should I hate the owner? Why should I hate anyone? It's a sport. I like to watch football. I live in Buffalo. Therefore I root for the Buffalo Bills. It's more fun when they're a better team, but I don't know how a bad football team could ever suck the life out of me. Of course I'm still going to go to the games. You're coming off as a little girl the more and more you post.

How many teams have failed to make the playoffs over the last decade?

How many of the teams that have made the playoffs have also suffered 1-15, 2-14, 3-13, 4-12 records over the same period of time?

They've sucked the optimism out of me pal. Sounds like you'll still be buying tickets, and directing your anger at pessimists like me instead of where it belongs - Ralph Wilson.

Listen, pal, getting pissed at Ralph thinking it will "get you results" is a fool's errand. It'll do nothing but increase your blood pressure.

Why should I hate the owner? Why should I hate anyone? It's a sport. I like to watch football. I live in Buffalo. Therefore I root for the Buffalo Bills. It's more fun when they're a better team, but I don't know how a bad football team could ever suck the life out of me. Of course I'm still going to go to the games. You're coming off as a little girl the more and more you post.

I really don't care about your opinion of me. I've been a Bills fan for over 20 years. Yes, it angers me that they continue to put a piss-poor product on the field and expect fans to pay for it. And it bothers me that fans continue to pay for it because it's the only show in town. And I no longer live in Buffalo, so I get to see on a consistent basis the ways in which other franchises handle team-building, fan relations, and marketing. It's night and day comparing organizations like the Bills and the Giants. IMO the Bills DO need MORE "whiney fans" like me - it's the complacency of their fans that contributes to the ingrained ineptitude.

Bang on.

Am I happy when the Bills lose? No. Do I rely on a Bills win to enjoy my week? No.

Some people just take sports that they can't or don't actually play themselves too seriously. Getting so down on them just makes their lives that much worse.

And yet you are here. Ironic.

PTR

I really don't care about your opinion of me. I've been a Bills fan for over 20 years. Yes, it angers me that they continue to put a piss-poor product on the field and expect fans to pay for it. And it bothers me that fans continue to pay for it because it's the only show in town. And I no longer live in Buffalo, so I get to see on a consistent basis the ways in which other franchises handle team-building, fan relations, and marketing. It's night and day comparing organizations like the Bills and the Giants. IMO the Bills DO need MORE "whiney fans" like me - it's the complacency of their fans that contributes to the ingrained ineptitude.

Okay, so you became a Bills fan in the 80's. That makes you pretty spoiled now doesn't it? You probably came to really love and root for them in '88/'89. Next thing you know, four straight SB appearances. Even by the end of the 90s we were still making the playoffs, and our last appearance, we "lost" to the team that barely lost the Superbowl. Hardly a horrible team.

But then what happened? Your spoiled little self was so used to winning that the second the team faulted you abandoned it. Wow, you're a model fan right there. The only problem I have with you is that you became this disgruntled Bills fan instead of jumping ship to whatever city you now live near. At least then you wouldn't have these confused self-images, and you'd be able to accept yourself for who you are: the definition of a fair-weather fan. I don't care that you don't care what I think of you. It doesn't mean I'm not right.

What are you talking about? Complacency? Aren't we like the first fanbase in NFL history to actually buy a billboard and practically force the firing of Dick Jauron? We've run the last four coaches out of town. You're talking out of your ass, which is what most people do when they're dead wrong. Here's a fun little task for you (Since you love telling me what to do...like stop buying bills stuff, stop buying bills tickets, stop rooting for the bills), go into preferences, select change your password, select the query and pound your head on the keyboard a couple of times. Click accept changes. Try to log back in.

And yet you are here. Ironic.

PTR

I can't get past that. If you are promoting a self-boycott of the Bills you'd thing the first step would be to stop reading about them/talking about them.

Okay, so you became a Bills fan in the 80's. That makes you pretty spoiled now doesn't it? You probably came to really love and root for them in '88/'89. Next thing you know, four straight SB appearances. Even by the end of the 90s we were still making the playoffs, and our last appearance, we "lost" to the team that barely lost the Superbowl. Hardly a horrible team.

But then what happened? Your spoiled little self was so used to winning that the second the team faulted you abandoned it. Wow, you're a model fan right there. The only problem I have with you is that you became this disgruntled Bills fan instead of jumping ship to whatever city you now live near. At least then you wouldn't have these confused self-images, and you'd be able to accept yourself for who you are: the definition of a fair-weather fan. I don't care that you don't care what I think of you. It doesn't mean I'm not right.

What are you talking about? Complacency? Aren't we like the first fanbase in NFL history to actually buy a billboard and practically force the firing of Dick Jauron? We've run the last four coaches out of town. You're talking out of your ass, which is what most people do when they're dead wrong. Here's a fun little task for you (Since you love telling me what to do...like stop buying bills stuff, stop buying bills tickets, stop rooting for the bills), go into preferences, select change your password, select the query and pound your head on the keyboard a couple of times. Click accept changes. Try to log back in.

I can't get past that. If you are promoting a self-boycott of the Bills you'd thing the first step would be to stop reading about them/talking about them.

Honestly, you can attack me all you want, it really won't deter me (but it sure casts doubt on your character). You root for a miserable, inept franchise that won't get better until the owner sells the team or dies. So do I, but I can admit it. You can't, so you go on the attack against those who speak the truth. I'm not leaving, I'll continue to voice my opinion (which happens to be correct), and I could care less what you think.

they're two turnovers away from leading the division.

I agree with everything you said in your post except the quoted line. I see that kind of statement a lot around here and talking with long time Bills fans in general, and I chuckle whenever I read/hear it. Only because it's not just this season. People say that about every Bills season for the past 10 (inclusive). According to a certain group of eternal optimists, the Bills are always X turnovers or X breaks or X bad calls from being a force in the NFL. The problem is, they seem to be perpetually in this situation.

you should hate the owner because he's shown you,me and every Bills fan contempt for the last 50 years. The few successful years have been fortuitous and despite him and all the while he's gotten rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams off of our misplaced but apparently unbreakable loyalty to our current or past hometown. His s***ty legacy hasn't been made by a few bad breaks here and there but by gross mismanagement and shameless, calculated financial exploitation of the fan base.

I agree with everything you said in your post except the quoted line. I see that kind of statement a lot around here and talking with long time Bills fans in general, and I chuckle whenever I read/hear it. Only because it's not just this season. People say that about every Bills season for the past 10 (inclusive). According to a certain group of eternal optimists, the Bills are always X turnovers or X breaks or X bad calls from being a force in the NFL. The problem is, they seem to be perpetually in this situation.

They are perpetually in the situation, but that doesn't make it any less valid.

But, Coach Tuesday was also right, they're also a dropped pass and a holding call (Chiefs and Jets(1), respectively) away from being 3-10.

I prefer to see the glass as half full!

I have been a TBD member for over a decade and it is getting very hard to read all the negative rantings, mostly from noobs with a few hundred posts under their belts. We get it. The Bills suck. Ralph is cheap. So why are you all still here? Get the f--- out if this team is so hard to take. Even when the Bills say they willspend whatever it takes, I have read rants about it's all a big plot to trick fans. There plenty of room on other NFL boards. Find a team worthy of your fandom and beat it already. You are boring

PTR