Trent Edwards

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787
Dog you really love that dude don't ya. He is not good enough and not better than half the starting QB's in the league. You sound delusional. Look at Aaron Rodgers; plays behind a pitiful line and puts up great numbers each week. Trent has had his chances and sucked up the field....please stop. You are not a good evaluator of talent, especially at the QB position. If TE gets picked up by another team, earns a starting job and kicks ass...then I'll be wrong. I'll apologize to you for saying you should share an evening of manlove with TE to get him out of your system and then buy you a cold one. But until that happens...hold your breath and shut up!

We debate things around here and if you can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's funny, I remember a game, what was it Tampa, when TE started airing the ball out because he actually had the time to do it. TE also played an almost perfect game against the Pats and theres no way Fitz pulls that game off.

:wallbash: people who dont know about football are the ones who think TE should sit behind Fitz. It's a complete joke to think TE is not the best QB we have. I see Trent as a Joe Flacco type with a good team around him. Buffalo has ruined yet another player. JP and Trent are complete opposites. TE has potential. JP was/is a joke

After watching Matt Cassel play the Bills yesterday knowing how much the Chiefs have invested in him and watching our backup QB for a few games, the difference in the Caliber between TE, Fitz and Cassel is obvious in my opinion. Trent Edwards is better then Cassel, he's better then Fitzpatrick, probably better then half the QB's starting in this league.

Trent Edwards regressed because we stuck him behind a pathetic O-line. Trent Edwards regressed because our coaching at the HC and OC position over the last 5 plus years has been pathetic. Trent Edwards regressed because of a self centered idiot we brought in at the WR position to supposedly help this ball club. Do you think the Steelers are looking for a new QB after losing to the pitiful Browns and giving up 8 sacks. Big Ben is a championship caliber QB coming back from a concussion and you see the results when playing behind a sub par O-line.

Judging from our offense yesterday, we now have another defensive minded coach trying to run the offense. Fewell, if you are going to run a ball control, run it down your throat type offense which considering our O-line and youth at the QB position is not such a bad idea, put a QB in that can hit the broad side of a barn. If this is the offense you want to run, Captain Check down is the guy for you. Fitzpatrick fumbles and turns the ball over way to much and its a miracle we even beat the pitiful Chiefs in my opinion.

Because of our O-line I really didn't want TE back onto the field this season, but TE can run a conservative offense. He's much more accurate and will not turn the ball over near as much.

He is a west coast QB he doesn't belong in a vertical down field passing offense. But yes he is a good QB discovered by the same coach that discovered Joe Montana and created the West coast Offense.

Ryan Fitzpatrick cannot beat the Pats, but in my opinion Trent Edwards can and he almost proved it once this year already.

We should let TE play,

Flame away...

Thanks for the input jw,

Trying to judge any QB playing behind our O-line and offensive coaching staff over the last few years is somewhat pointless don't you think.

With all due respect jw, just because Fitz won a couple of games he clearly should have lost is that a good reason to start him over the better QB?

I was just going over all the stats today and laughed when I realized Trents numbers are better but I don't think it is coincidence that our running game is coming back I think teams are more worried with Fitz behind center.

1.) Trent did not regress. He was never any good to begin with.

2.) It does not matter what fans think about who is better. His teammates have no faith in him and do not want him on the field.

Trent is done in Buffalo and the NFL.

Next.

Not done in the NFL a west coast Offense team will pick him up

Dog, I can respect your arguments because you are approaching this from a non-condescending perspective. The biggest problem I see with Edwards is when you have a wideout singled up, that's a pre-snap look. At that point, all he is doing is assessing the defense. Sitting in the stands and seeing Lee or TO singled up to the outside, I get excited. Single safety high, chuck it up to the guy that the safety doesn't roll towards. Edwards never even either A) recognized this single coverage or B) Disregarded it. Those are my biggest issues, his unwillingness to go after plays when they present themselves.

Not done in the NFL a west coast Offense team will pick him up

That's what everyone said about JP too. He'd be a career backup. I think once we're done with Trent, either this year or after contract runs out next year, he'll either be out of football or else playing in UFL or something. That's if he doesn't quit after this year on his own to pursue his true love, golf.

Really just want to say that IMO all this talk of Trent vs Fitz is garbage 'cause it's pretty obvious that neither of them can get the job done. Fitz is just about the most inaccurate NFL QB that this observer has ever seen while Trent, well Trent just doesn't seem to have the nerve to get the ball downfield.

We need either Brohm (hello Fewell, at least see what he's got once or twice) of draft one that looks like he might be a good one. AT LEAST TRY!!!!!!

After watching Matt Cassel play the Bills yesterday knowing how much the Chiefs have invested in him and watching our backup QB for a few games, the difference in the Caliber between TE, Fitz and Cassel is obvious in my opinion. Trent Edwards is better then Cassel, he's better then Fitzpatrick, probably better then half the QB's starting in this league.

Trent Edwards regressed because we stuck him behind a rookie O-line. Trent Edwards regressed because our coaching at the HC and OC position over the last 5 plus years has been pathetic. Trent Edwards regressed because of a self centered idiot we brought in at the WR position to supposedly help this ball club. Do you think the Steelers are looking for a new QB after losing to the pitiful Browns and giving up 8 sacks. Big Ben is a championship caliber QB coming back from a concussion and you see the results when playing behind a sub par O-line.

Judging from our offense yesterday, we now have another defensive minded coach trying to run the offense. Fewell, if you are going to run a ball control, run it down your throat type offense which considering our O-line and youth at the QB position is not such a bad idea, put a QB in that can hit the broad side of a barn. If this is the offense you want to run, Captain Check down is the guy for you. Fitzpatrick fumbles and turns the ball over way to much and its a miracle we even beat the pitiful Chiefs in my opinion.

Because of our O-line I really didn't want TE back onto the field this season, but TE can run a conservative offense. He's much more accurate and will not turn the ball over near as much.

Ryan Fitzpatrick cannot beat the Pats, but in my opinion Trent Edwards can and he almost proved it once this year already.

We should let TE play,

Flame away...

If TE were on the 70's Steelers teams they would have won six super bowls instead of four.

If TE was QB of the 90's Bills we would have won 4 straight SB's (the commish would have thrown in a 5th because TE is

just so damn good.)

If TE were the Lions QB last year they would have been 16-0 and stomp a mudhole in the Steelers behinds.

To hell with Unitas, Montana, Marino, Manning or Brady....TE is the greatest of all time.

Our poor offensive line and TO are responsible for .....

- destroying the economy

- the JFK assasination (I think they killed MLK and RFK as well....Hangartner always has a smirk on his face)

- the Beatles break up (Yoko should sue the bastards. TO cried over Tony Romo but not over John Lennon when he was

killed...thats because his ass is guilty)

- Britney's breakdown and Paris Hilton going to prison (just unforgivable...Goodell should suspend these guys for life)

Have you ever thought everyone realizes that TE is a back up at best.

He has had more than a fair opportunity to succeed and bringing in another good receiver has just exposed his weaknesses. Time to move on.

:wallbash: people who dont know about football are the ones who think TE should sit behind Fitz. It's a complete joke to think TE is not the best QB we have. I see Trent as a Joe Flacco type with a good team around him. Buffalo has ruined yet another player. JP and Trent are complete opposites. TE has potential. JP was/is a joke

that's funny, because for all the 'potential' that trent has, his numbers are eerily similar to jp losman's.

Just stop it, please.

Back away from the keyboard, and take a deep breath.

Trent Edwards has worn out his welcome with the Bills. Whether it is right or wrong, there it is.

You sir are incorrect. I believe he's only worn out his welcome to the "people" that still want JP Losman as the Bills QB.

Fitz has played in 6 games. We've won 4 and lost 2. Two of the wins came against teams with winning records. In games Trent started, we won 1 and lost 6. The win came against the horrid Tampa Bay Bucs. It's like Flutie and RJ over again. With the same team, one QB loses an one QB wins. Fitz's stats are horrible. But the only stat that really counts is Ws.

I disagree. First the Flutie-Johnson controversy seems like a dream. Remember it really heated up when Johnson had that epic day against the colts and lit them up before the forward lateral PO game in TN. This QB controversy is 8 million times worse than that. In that case, we were talking playoffs. Here we know that is not happening. I say play Trent and Brohm, but Play Trent against NE...could be a statement game for him. If not, we know he is a backup forever. Fitz does not have the physical skills to be a starting NFL QB.

I disagree. First the Flutie-Johnson controversy seems like a dream. Remember it really heated up when Johnson had that epic day against the colts and lit them up before the forward lateral PO game in TN. This QB controversy is 8 million times worse than that. In that case, we were talking playoffs. Here we know that is not happening. I say play Trent and Brohm, but Play Trent against NE...could be a statement game for him. If not, we know he is a backup forever. Fitz does not have the physical skills to be a starting NFL QB.

Fitz v Edwards is like Flute v Johnson in only one respect. They both play with the same team in the same season and one wins quite a bit more than the other. Fitz (4-2) Edwards (1-6). Fitz has the best total package to help us win games this year right now. Therefore, he starts. Pre season is for seeing what guys can do. Regular season is for for doing everything you can do to win EVERY game.

Trent Edwards regressed because we stuck him behind a rookie O-line. Trent Edwards regressed because our coaching at the HC and OC position over the last 5 plus years has been pathetic. Trent Edwards regressed because of a self centered idiot we brought in at the WR position to supposedly help this ball club. Do you think the Steelers are looking for a new QB after losing to the pitiful Browns and giving up 8 sacks. Big Ben is a championship caliber QB coming back from a concussion and you see the results when playing behind a sub par O-line.

We should let TE play,

Flame away...

You made a lot of good points. Fitz cannot hit a 10-12 yard comeback route to save his life. I know HS QBs who could do it with more success than him. I agree Trent is not as bad as the Bills make him look, but Id rather see Brohm in there.

Single safety high, chuck it up to the guy that the safety doesn't roll towards. Edwards never even either A) recognized this single coverage or B) Disregarded it. Those are my biggest issues, his unwillingness to go after plays when they present themselves.

He checked into this one at the LOS

We debate things around here and if you can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen.

He's right, Trent was (and still can be) a very good QB in this league, he has far more potential than Fitzpatrick ever will. People around here have very short memories, Trent played some very good QB for the Bills and has the skill to be one of the best. The Bills' terrible system/coaching/line play has contributed to this problem. Trent is not another JP, he can play and should be under centre right now because Fitz is not going to be the answer regardless.

Fitz v Edwards is like Flute v Johnson in only one respect. They both play with the same team in the same season and one wins quite a bit more than the other. Fitz (4-2) Edwards (1-6). Fitz has the best total package to help us win games this year right now. Therefore, he starts. Pre season is for seeing what guys can do. Regular season is for for doing everything you can do to win EVERY game.

Right, because winning games with Fitz right now accomplishes NOTHING. Great plan, this is why the franchise is where it right now. The season is about evaluating players right now and if we didn't have a coach auditioning for a job we'd be doing that right now.

Debate is difficult with those who cannot face reality. Trent Edwards sucks and is not even a Bills fan-he disrespected all of us when he said that but you still got his back, nice job.

You lose all respect when you allege that Trent is better than half the starting QB's in the league. He isn't even the best QB on the Bills or he would be playing. Do you think Fewell wants to lose by not playing his best QB? Your logic is seriously flawed and your as stubborn as my 2-yr-old.