Trent Edwards

Guest dog14787

did anyone notice that with TO getting the attention of Fitz Evans is not being used like he whould be. That's where Trent differs. He doesn't cater to TO's bs.

WTF?

A Jerry Sullivan piece.

Evans has become a forgotten man, an afterthought in the offense. For much of his career, he was a big-play threat, capable of breaking free for an 80-yard bomb at any moment. Remarkably, Evans doesn't have a single game with more than 75 receiving yards this season.

Terrell Owens was supposed to be a godsend for Evans. With teams concentrating on T.O., Evans would get more single coverage, more room to operate down the field and use his speed and hands to the fullest.

The opposite occurred. Evans has 32 catches for 485 yards. That's 37 yards a game. It goes back before Owens. Evans has averaged less than 40 yards in his last 22 games. He has one 100-yard game in his last 22; one 40-plus catch in his last 18.

That's not what the Bills had in mind when they handed him a four-year, $37.2 million extension 14 months ago. They paid Evans like one of the elite receivers in the NFL. But since signing the deal, he has performed like a marginal wideout.

If you are trying to pin Evans "lack of production" on TO and Fitz, you failed to address how this was a problem before the arrival of Fitzpatrick and Owens.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To not give Edwards a chance to start at quarterback to end this season makes no sense. He looked like a pro bowl caliber quarterback early last season.

And then, that's it? With the state of the line, the injuries on the team, and the instability of the coaching staff, how can anyone say, "We've seen enough"?

Good quarterbacks are not easy to come by; we've been looking for well over a decade. You gotta give Edwards a chance, this year, as the line is coming around, looked better, and the defense, albeit still giving up some big runs, is playing very well. Trent Edwards deserves a chance to establish himself as the team's leader the next three weeks. Foolish if the Bills do not do this.

People on this board can say what they want, but I do not think this team is that far away, but, instead, needs a few key components. But we need a quarterback now, and Edwards may be the one. Maybe not. But you have to see.

first off, !@#$ off. Just because I have a contrarian view, doesn't make me a horrible person. Now, what is the worst that could happen for the Bills if they start TE? He wasn't and can't be much worse than Frying Ritzpatrick

No problem with having a differing view.

But if Edwards was to start, what makes you believe he will suddenly start playing better?

Furthermore, the team doesn't support/respect him anymore.

How many players came to Trent's defense when he got benched?

Compare that to 2007 when Evans supported Losman, and Whitner was backing Edwards.

Heck, a few weeks ago, Whitner said no position/player was safe from being scrutinized and benched, with the implication being the offense needing the most scrutiny.

That is about the only legit thing I can think of that would keep him out. But if this is the case, he should be deactivated altogether. Not listed as 2nd string. Just my $.02

Agreed.

No problem with having a differing view.

But if Edwards was to start, what makes you believe he will suddenly start playing better?

Furthermore, the team doesn't support/respect him anymore.

How many players came to Trent's defense when he got benched?

Compare that to 2007 when Evans supported Losman, and Whitner was backing Edwards.

Heck, a few weeks ago, Whitner said no position/player was safe from being scrutinized and benched, with the implication being the offense needing the most scrutiny.

Agreed.

and they went with what the FS thought should happen on offense and look how that turned out. Can't wait to see him play in Oakland. Or maybe they finally realized that Trent is a west coast style QB. It's amasing lets take the Qb who can stretch the field and ask him to play dink n dunk and then when we find the dink and dunk QB lets get the explosive outside vertical reciever rather than a sure handed explosive slot reciever and ask this QB to stretch the field now I am going to speculate that Levy said we have to go with a west coast offense and that medalsome old man said I don't want that then Levy said well then you have to get an explosive wide out on the out side. Ralph said that will cost to much money levy said I quit you stupid old bastard. Sorry for rambling but I just wonder why Levy quit again and why Donahoe was so successful in Pittsburgh but not hear and why did Mularkey Quit.

What does that mean? That we know what we have in brohm due to his nfl preseason stats....really?

you said that?

No that FitzPatrick is our best option right now. I don't care about QB I want to see if Fewell can win a few games with the crap we have starting now and he seems to be smart enough to Know who gives us our best chance. It doesn't realy matter though because Ralph won't let anyone in this organization have the control they need but he mey be getting the clue this season supposedly Modrak had the final say in all draft decisions and don't even bring up Maybin because they wanted to make him a LB but he had to be a douche and not show for camp on time.

Guest dog14787
To not give Edwards a chance to start at quarterback to end this season makes no sense. He looked like a pro bowl caliber quarterback early last season.

And then, that's it? With the state of the line, the injuries on the team, and the instability of the coaching staff, how can anyone say, "We've seen enough"?

Good quarterbacks are not easy to come by; we've been looking for well over a decade. You gotta give Edwards a chance, this year, as the line is coming around, looked better, and the defense, albeit still giving up some big runs, is playing very well. Trent Edwards deserves a chance to establish himself as the team's leader the next three weeks. Foolish if the Bills do not do this.

People on this board can say what they want, but I do not think this team is that far away, but, instead, needs a few key components. But we need a quarterback now, and Edwards may be the one. Maybe not. But you have to see.

I agree 100%, TE needs to work out the bugs this season so he's ready to compete next season. Perry Fewell has toned down the Offense and TE is very good executing a ball control type Offense.

I agree 100%, TE needs to work out the bugs this season so he's ready to compete next season. Perry Fewell has toned down the Offense and TE is very good executing a ball control type Offense.

And what on God's Green Earth makes you think TE is going to suddenly "work out the bugs" Sunday when he hasn't been able to in the last 3 seasons?

You cannot be serious. Probowl QB? At no point has Trent looked like a Probowl QB. At his best, he was a mediocre "game managing" type QB. Please put down the crack pipe. Trent sucks. I don't need to see him play again to prove it.

Guest dog14787

When reminded of our first game against the Patriots it seemed to take the air out of Ryan Fitzpatrick in Today's interview as he shrugged it off , maybe because even he knows he can't duplicate the game Trent Edwards played.

And you still have tunnel vision.

Tunnel vision? I agree with the point you continue to defend so vehemently. In fact, I doubt anyone has a different opinion on the matter. Take a second to review the thread and you might just find where you became confused. If it isn't a case of being confused, then it is a case of purposefully changing the debate. Which is more understanding because you didn't have a leg to stand on in the Flacco v.s. Edwards comparisons.

Seriously? This thread is still going? And to top it off someone is still trying to argue that Flacco isnt better than Trent? LMAO...this board never ceases to amaze...

what never ceases to amaze me is that people want a 5th year journeyman who has been absolutely lousy over a 3rd year QB that has shown flashes of talent.

I agree that Flacco> Edwards, but I believe that Flacco >Edwards> Fitz.

I just don't see what you guys are clinging to in Fitz, when the Bills are winning despite him.