Finally, A GM that gets it!

thewildrabbit

Michael Lombardi stated recently on NFL network that the great teams have great offensive lines, and you can't get far with a bad O line.

Man, does this Bills fan get that last part.

When I heard him make that statement I started thinking "IF only", the Bills had paid Jason Peters or drafted Oher to replace him instead of drafting Maybin. Then the left side would have been locked down. The Bills had kept Langston Walker on the right side and put Hangartner at center and drafted Wood for guard. That line wouldn't be the weakest area of the team.

If they had just brought in Levi Jones or Mark Tauscher when they had the chance, the latter is the reason Rodgers is playing like he did last year and the Packers are doing so well right now.This front office is directly responsible for the current record of 4-8.

Its not just hindsight either, so many fans have posted here all season that the FO needs to bring in a tackle, they never did...

If the fans get it, why don't the paid professionals in the office at OBD get it?

The Bills could easily be 8-4 right now and leading the division... if the line could actually run and pass block worth a damn.

Michael Lombardi stated recently on NFL network that the great teams have great offensive lines, and you can't get far with a bad O line.

When I heard him make that statement I started thinking "IF only", the Bills had paid Jason Peters or drafted Oher to replace him instead of drafting Maybin. Then the left side would have been locked down. The Bills had kept Langston Walker on the right side and put Hangartner at center and drafted Wood for guard. That line wouldn't be the weakest area of the team.

If they had just brought in Levi Jones or Mark Tauscher when they had the chance, the latter is the reason Rodgers is playing like he did last year and the Packers are doing so well right now.This front office is directly responsible for the current record of 4-8.

Its not just hindsight either, so many fans have posted here all season that the FO needs to bring in a tackle, they never did...

If the fans get it, why don't the paid professionals in the office at OBD get it?

The Bills could easily be 8-4 right now and leading the division... if the line could actually run and pass block worth a damn.

Yup, I said over the summer that the front office's OL gamble could set this franchise back several years. Heads must roll.

truth be told, though...we don't know how well things would look if we hadn't tried to go with the no-huddle and hadn't gotten hit by the injury bug. Walker was cut because he couldn't do the job in a no-huddle..the biggest issue on the O-line is the lack of cohesion

Walker-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler for 12 games would be a lot better than all the 7 different starting combos we've had so far

You're assuming that Jones or Tauscher would want to come to Buffalo.

:lol:

THE GAME IS WON AND LOST IN THE TRENCHES

it is not only an OL thing it is just as much as a DL thing... and guess what... Our DL is weak too. We have craptastic DE's

Peters forced the Bills hand. They did offer him 9 mil a season, but Peters refused it. The Bills also gave Peters a raise in 2007 without him asking for one. SO the Bills DID PAY PETERS.... It was Peters who wanted nothing to do with Buffalo !!!!!

and YES I was on the draft Oher @ #11 train.... But of course we took an undersized DE that is more of a project then a stud impact player (pure genius Buffalo)

Having a good line to be successful in the NFL is nothing new. It has just escaped our decision makers.

You're 100% correct. Their thought process was, you have to have a good secondary to have a successful team, which is why every year our majority of draft picks have been on the secondary :lol:

And if McKelvin didn't fumble the kickoff week one.

The oline may be better but, our game plans still suck, Lynch and Evans underperform, TO drop passes, and this defense really sucks. The only reason the DBs look so good is that everyone runs the ball down our throat. There is no need to press our pass defense so the DBs really look a lot better than they truly are.

The problem with this team is much deeper than the Oline. Name two leaders on this team....there is not one leader on offense. Leaders on defense - Poz - no, Stroud somtimes but not often, Schobel no, Whitner may try but he's not on the field that often; no one else even tries to step up.

No leadership on or off the field equals a very bad organization.

Peters forced the Bills hand. They did offer him 9 mil a season, but Peters refused it. The Bills also gave Peters a raise in 2007 without him asking for one. SO the Bills DID PAY PETERS.... It was Peters who wanted nothing to do with Buffalo !!!!!

I asked for a large raise from my organization too. They eventually bargained with me, in good faith. I didn't get what I asked for but got a lot more than I had been getting, and finally right around what I'm worth.

Peters tried the same thing. The team that gave him what he was worth was Philly.

The rumor is that the Philly FO was torn between paying Peters all that money and hoping he could play his first full season at LT....or lighting a bonfire out of huge piles of $100 bills.

The chose to pay Peters, under the impression the money might take longer to burn.

Go figure.

Yes, there's also a head coach/offensive genius down in Lubbock, TX who preaches that...

"It doesn't matter what you run - whether you run it every snap, run the option, throw it - the most important position is offensive line. You can't do anything without a good offensive line, and the more that they can handle for you, the more margin-of-error you have all the way around."

In addition to head coach of the NCAA's leading passing offense for the past 10 years and - prior to that - stints as OC at Kentucky and Oklahoma, few pay any attention at all that this perfect candidate for Bills HC also was an offensive-line coach early in his career at Iowa Weslyan...

Mike Leach

I asked for a large raise from my organization too. They eventually bargained with me, in good faith. I didn't get what I asked for but got a lot more than I had been getting, and finally right around what I'm worth.

Peters tried the same thing. The team that gave him what he was worth was Philly.

Peters, so far this season, has shown that he isn't worth the contract Philly gave him.

There were a lot of bad decisions made and that's why the Bills need a real GM. The ruling has to come from the top down.

Hopefully a real GM would have prevented the starting LT (Walker) being cut days before the start of the season without a bonafide replacement. Who know who REALLY made that decision?

Maybin was a luxury pick IMHO, whether he pans out or not. They would have a solid starter instead of a situational player if they would have drafted elsewhere. Oher at RT would have been a better need-pick after losing Peters, even if it meant shuffling positions with existing starters. An OLB would have been the other crying need. The fact that Keith Ellison was still a starter at OLB to begin the season was another crime. That position had to be addressed in the off-season and they did nothing to upgrade. What if they drafted Cushing or Matthews?

I'm glad they got Wood and Levitre, but that first pick has to be a contributor if the team has that MANY needs.

An interesting and, I'm sure, in your mind an entirely apt comparison.

I'm guessing that, like FatBoy Peters, you went several months without communicating with your employer, only occasionally texting one of two or your favorite co-workers; tell us - did you also stay home for half a year to get your employer's attention and make him realize your worth while not communicating with him? :lol: