Trent's Trade Value

uticaclub

listen still a huge fan of Trent, since were out of it no reason he shouldn't be starting if he is gonna be here next year. what if any trade value does trent have? i believe he is more highly regarded in the league then JP ever was (who will never see another down of NFL football)

huge fan of a walking vagina??? why?????!!!!!! do you also like hitler? herpes?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

listen still a huge fan of Trent, since were out of it no reason he shouldn't be starting if he is gonna be here next year. what if any trade value does trent have? i believe he is more highly regarded in the league then JP ever was (who will never see another down of NFL football)

zero value.

A conditional 2011 pick somewhere in the 5th to 7th range. With only a year left & no body of work to sign him to an extension he doesn't have much value to any team trading for him.

I don't think a new coach wants a guy who used to start being a distraction, especially if he drafts a rookie in the 1st 2 rounds. Trent isn't going to come back for his final year because there are too many other players on the team that don't think much of him as a player. Once the new coach reads the quotes after the switch to Fitzpatrick, he'll be sending Trent on the Jauron express out of town.

Also, anyone left only has to remember how useless JP was in 2008 in his last contract year to not repeat that mistake with Edwards. I wouldn't be surprised if Trent asks for & receives his release.

He's not gonna be here next year, he has no trade value.

Trade him to a clinic doing studies on concussions for a snow shovel.

Your comments aren't even worth a little kid's plastic snow shovel. The guy plays in front of the worst OL in teh NFL with teh worst offensive coaching staff (at least at year's start). He had teh cards stacked against him and FitzP isn't much better, if at all (the guy has teh slowest release in teh NFL, that's why the Jets DB always made a good jump on the ball). Half the guys bashing TE on this forum were probably Bashing JP in favor of TE, and were bashing Bledsoe in favor of JP, who were bashing RJ in favor of anyone, who were bashing Flutie in favor of RJ, and probably still think Flutie was no good despite being the last QB to lead teh Bills to the playoffs.

Your comments aren't even worth a little kid's plastic snow shovel. The guy plays in front of the worst OL in teh NFL with teh worst offensive coaching staff (at least at year's start). He had teh cards stacked against him and FitzP isn't much better, if at all (the guy has teh slowest release in teh NFL, that's why the Jets DB always made a good jump on the ball). Half the guys bashing TE on this forum were probably Bashing JP in favor of TE, and were bashing Bledsoe in favor of JP, who were bashing RJ in favor of anyone, who were bashing Flutie in favor of RJ, and probably still think Flutie was no good despite being the last QB to lead teh Bills to the playoffs.

They all sucked. Saying Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't much better than Edwards, is not exactly a ringing endorsement either. Who in their right mind would trade for any of these guys? Not a chance.

When a player is gone from the Bills, or on the verge of going, he becomes irrelevant to most Bills fans. There are some who irrationally hold onto the dream a failed player is much better than he is & will make excuses. Most of them, no matter how irrational, can still spell the word the.

Zip. That was the sound of that joke sailing over your head.

Im sorry to say this and normally this isn't really an issue for me, but I'd be more inclined to your viewpoint if you had spelled " THE" correctly.

Zip. That was the sound of that joke sailing over your head.

It doesn't take much to clear yours. I don't find concussions to be something to joke about, whether a player is good or not. I know of someone who nearly lost a job because of a concussion incurred on the job (that wasn't their fault) and it took over a year to be rid of the after effects. I hope if you ever get a concussion, you're not traded for a piece of hardware.

Im sorry to say this and normally this isn't really an issue for me, but I'd be more inclined to your viewpoint if you had spelled " THE" correctly.

I am not a typist for a living, nor does SDS require a spelling test to be on the board. I still believe my point is valid no matter how it's spelled.

Trent is under contract through next season. Because he was drafted so late, his salary is only around 600k next year. Maybe there are incentives in there but he's likely going to be a backup and incentives don't usually kick in with reserves anyway.

I would be very surprised if Buffalo released Trent next year. That's an awfully low cap number and every team needs three QB's. He's a team player and if he's smart he'll realize that career backups can work for a decade in the NFL and make serious cash as insurance policies.

I think he'll get an opportunity to compete at camp next summer, and unless he completely dogs it, he'll be with us until someone takes a shot at him in Free Agency 2011.

Of course, I thought Maybin was gonna be an impact player too, so whatever you do, don't believe a goddamn word I say...

Trent can fetch a 6th or a 7th if we are lucky. To me the guy has a injury issue and a lack of arm strength issue. However there might be a team in the NFL that wants the guy (Whose contract is rather affordable and he does have over 2 seasons of starting under his belt) because they see something in him.

BUT there can't be more then one team that wants this guy. So lets say the Raiders want this guy they aren't going to be bidding against another team but rather bidding against the Bills cutting him and another team picking him up in free agency (Much like the Chad Pennington situation when he was cut by the Jets). So a 7th round pick as insurance against him getting picked up by another team is the best we can hope for.

To me if you can get anything and I mean anything for the guy take it a 7th round pick or a 6th round pick is better then nothing.

You know what? We could trade him for a 6th rounder, and that 6th rounder could be the next Tom Brady! You can't prove me wrong, it COULD happen. Don't call me a fool, don't call me a dreamer, don't call me a fanboy so in love with Trent that I think he has real potential to set this league on fire, don't call me someone worried about something about as likely to happen as hell freezing over! That COULD happen! Really. I mean it. Don't laugh. This is important to me. He's special. Stop picking on him.

6th