Trent's Trade Value

uticaclub

listen still a huge fan of Trent, since were out of it no reason he shouldn't be starting if he is gonna be here next year. what if any trade value does trent have? i believe he is more highly regarded in the league then JP ever was (who will never see another down of NFL football)

I'm sure Trent Edwards will give J.P. Loserman all he can handle when they battle each other in UFL next season!!

Maybe Trent can bring Hamdan down there to back him up and maybe Dick Jauron can be a coach down there once

he's done reviewing the game film from his final game here to help determine just went wrong in Buffalo!!! Trent should be worth at least a bag of skittles or a snickers bar which is a little more than J.P. would fetch in a trade scenario! :lol: Booooooo Trent is just a scaredy cat who can't sense pressure, and is afraid to throw down field.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent might have some value as a backup QB - his college and pro career suggest he's not durable enough to be a starter- but he's a fairly bright guy (depending on the concussions) and has enough physical qualities to manage a game or two- so whats an average Back-up QB worth - about a 5- 6th round pick to the right team.

If I were Trent I would ask for my release from this joke of a franchise. His best wish would be for the FO to cut him so he can go to a team that has a clue. All Trent has to do is put together a collection of newspaper articles starting with the decision to trade Jason Peters, not draft a LT, fire the OC one week before the season starts, cut the starting LT, and say I just want a fresh start somewhere else. There are multiple teams other than Buffalo where he can sign and compete for the starting job.

listen still a huge fan of Trent, since were out of it no reason he shouldn't be starting if he is gonna be here next year. what if any trade value does trent have? i believe he is more highly regarded in the league then JP ever was (who will never see another down of NFL football)

I'm glad to see you're smarter than Bill Polian, who thinks Losman has a chance. I've always admired your football acumen and think you'll soon be working in a front office somewhere.

And yeah, guys who seem very likely to be cut by their team always have a huge value.

Excellent post.

You know what? We could trade him for a 6th rounder, and that 6th rounder could be the next Tom Brady! You can't prove me wrong, it COULD happen. Don't call me a fool, don't call me a dreamer, don't call me a fanboy so in love with Trent that I think he has real potential to set this league on fire, don't call me someone worried about something about as likely to happen as hell freezing over! That COULD happen! Really. I mean it. Don't laugh. This is important to me. He's special. Stop picking on him.

Heh heh. Pretty funny. Good writing.

I could say you're a dreamer.

But you're not the only one.

Trent is under contract through next season. Because he was drafted so late, his salary is only around 600k next year. Maybe there are incentives in there but he's likely going to be a backup and incentives don't usually kick in with reserves anyway.

I would be very surprised if Buffalo released Trent next year. That's an awfully low cap number and every team needs three QB's. He's a team player and if he's smart he'll realize that career backups can work for a decade in the NFL and make serious cash as insurance policies.

I think he'll get an opportunity to compete at camp next summer, and unless he completely dogs it, he'll be with us until someone takes a shot at him in Free Agency 2011.

Of course, I thought Maybin was gonna be an impact player too, so whatever you do, don't believe a goddamn word I say...

Rewind to 2007-8 and you'll probably find the same things said about JP, who was a total waste of space in 2008. You can keep an older veteran who used to be the starter on a team but you can't do that with a guy you've had since his rookie year, was your chosen starter at some point & then lost the job, will be a FA & leave after the next season. It doesn't work, they have to let Trent go at the end of the season. The only way Trent stays is if the new coach thinks he's starter material & if the new guy really thinks Trent can lead the Bills to glory, I'll post the 1st "Fire xxxxxxx" post as soon as he announces Edwards as the starter.

I'm glad to see you're smarter than Bill Polian, who thinks Losman has a chance. I've always admired your football acumen and think you'll soon be working in a front office somewhere.

And yeah, guys who seem very likely to be cut by their team always have a huge value.

Excellent post.

Giving a guy a workout because your team is looking at QBs to fill the 3rd string spot, does not mean Polian "thinks Losman has a chance" A chance at what? In the end Polian chose first to sign Shane Boyd to his practice squad & then replaced him with Drew Willy. Teams work out players all the time. Outside of Jeff Garcia, who would command bigger $ than the Colts want to pay him to probably never play, JP & Brooks Bollinger are the best QBs available, who are in game shape. So when does giving him a look when your roster has been weakened at his position and then not signing him become an endorsement of the guy?

ZERO! He has no trade value what so ever.

Fitzpatrick was/is considered a backup in the league and as of now Trent couldn't hold Fitz jock, so why would any GM want to trade for or sign someone who is worse than a career backup? Man what are you people smoking?

If I were Trent I would ask for my release from this joke of a franchise. His best wish would be for the FO to cut him so he can go to a team that has a clue. All Trent has to do is put together a collection of newspaper articles starting with the decision to trade Jason Peters, not draft a LT, fire the OC one week before the season starts, cut the starting LT, and say I just want a fresh start somewhere else. There are multiple teams other than Buffalo where he can sign and compete for the starting job.

Go ahead and put that one in there. How does Trent answer the question "Well, the organization fired said OC because the HC wanted an offense you could understand and run. Why do you consider that a mistake?"