The best QB for the 2010 Bills...

Armchair GM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus he satisfies the Big Tuna's formula for drafting a QB:

There is no doubt that Bill Parcell's is a good talent evaluator, but name a truly solid quarterback that Parcell's has drafted in the last 10 years that has truly been a great starter.

Bill Parcell's has a proven formula for drafting a QB.

These are his criteria:

1. Must be a senior.

2. Must have started for 3 years, including his senior season.

3. Must have won 23 games in college

4. Decent tangibles, like height and arm strength.

Other ones would be Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow.

seems like homey is contradicting himself...god size, good arm...decent mobility, studies the game hard....but not a franchise type guy??? :ph34r:

Mel Kiper is a sham... he has a lot of info, but avoids making too many statements that can be pinned down, which allows him to pretend that no matter how things turn out, he was right. It has made him a nice living, but is otherwise as useful as making stuff up on your own.

Plus he satisfies the Big Tuna's formula for drafting a QB:

Bill Parcell's has a proven formula for drafting a QB.

These are his criteria:

1. Must be a senior.

2. Must have started for 3 years, including his senior season.

3. Must have won 23 games in college

4. Decent tangibles, like height and arm strength.

Other ones would be Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow.

2. is wrong it is start 3 years at a big time program (ie, MICH, Notre Dame)

and 4. would mean McCoy is out, he is listed at 6'2 so he is more like 6'1. Tebow is also out cuz he just sucks.

If you follow UB football you know all about Lafevour. Central Michigan won 3 of the last 4 MAC titles. The best thing about Lafevour is he knows how to play in the cold. Mt. Pleasant, Michigan can be every bit as miserable as Orchard Park. Wind and snow is not going to bother this kid.

PTR

Problem: I'd guess that no more that 5% of the TSW membership watched - or even gets on their tv - MAC games. Count me in among the folks who doesn't know a thing about this guy.

Problem: I'd guess that no more that 5% of the TSW membership watched - or even gets on their tv - MAC games. Count me in among the folks who doesn't know a thing about this guy.

CMU is on national TV 3-4 times a year. In fact the MAC championship was just on ESPN2 last Friday. The games are there. Too bad people don't care because that's where the real draft finds are. If the power college teams were really all that special, all NFL players would come from them.

PTR

I listened to Kiper yesterday on a DC area station. I'll try to paraphrase. They asked him about Tebow and he said no way is he a 1st rd pick. If Jax takes him in round 1 just to draw fans, he said he will criticize that pick big time. According to Mel....only Clausen, Bradford and (Locker?) are hands down 1st round picks. They asked him to compare Colt McCoy and Jimmy Clausen. He said Clausen hands down,,,not even close. He sees McCoy in that 2nd tier of QB's and Tebow as a 3rd-4th rounder (as an H-back, not necessarily a QB). He likes LeFevour but kinda' like Tebow, worries that he is a product of a system. Personally i like LeFevour alot and also Ryan Mallett (if he comes out). Kiper said Mallett could use another year in college but if he goes pro, he would jump right into the discussion as a 1st round pick. He thinks very highly of him.

The one thing missing from Parcells' list is - won at every level he played. There are lots of college QBs that have size, arm, and smarts, but the great ones refuse to lose (Kelly, Marino, Staubach, Stabler, Elway, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady). I say the personnel rep should challenge the guy to a game of ping pong and see how he treats it. If he absolutely must win, that's your guy.

Also, we do need a cold weather QB. Sure, we don't get snow but maybe once or twice, but it gets really cold in November and the winds make it worse. Kelly was perfect and I think Marino would have been good too.

And thats why the guy we really need to get is Max Hall QB BYU.

Sam Bradford is the guy we need!

+1

Bradford is the best pro QB prospect. And due to his injury he might be available when the Bills pick. If he had a great senior season he would be gone at number 1.

Spoke with a scout i know. I asked him who is the best qb? Without hesitation he said Bradford. This scout was involved in the Peyton and Matt Ryan picks. Just saying.

+1

Bradford is the best pro QB prospect. And due to his injury he might be available when the Bills pick. If he had a great senior season he would be gone at number 1.

Spoke with a scout i know. I asked him who is the best qb? Without hesitation he said Bradford. This scout was involved in the Peyton and Matt Ryan picks. Just saying.

He's even less durable than Trent Edwards. And he's not even in the NFL yet. I think he's too much of a cream puff to draft. If he was tougher, I'd think he was the best QB in the draft. He's just a yearly IR waiting to happen.

CMU is on national TV 3-4 times a year. In fact the MAC championship was just on ESPN2 last Friday. The games are there. Too bad people don't care because that's where the real draft finds are. If the power college teams were really all that special, all NFL players would come from them.

PTR

They may be on tv, but they are in competition for numerous other games. I'll glance at the odd MAC game, what with Miami (OH) being up the road. When they show up they show up on odd channels that thought they might make a buck off local advertisers. Usually, a MAC game shows up on ESPNU, and I have to look at a piece of paper to see what numbers I have to push to tune in.

The Big East has had a nice run - U Cinnn, Rutgers, UConn, Pitt, WVA - and I get bombarded with PSU and OSU. ND always, and the non-stop SEC stuff - I am so tired of that conference cluttering up my tv. I get it - move on.

He's even less durable than Trent Edwards. And he's not even in the NFL yet. I think he's too much of a cream puff to draft. If he was tougher, I'd think he was the best QB in the draft. He's just a yearly IR waiting to happen.

I've seen nothing of any other injuries besides the shoulder that he hurt this year. so I would like to see proof that he is a "cream puff"

Good size, Great Arm, decent Mobility, poorly coached at the NFL level =Losman

I'm not a really a Losman fan but I partially agree with this. If Losman had solid NFL coaching in a proven system (say like under Shanahan or Holmgren) he could've developed into a journeyman type QB (aka Brian Griese or Jake Plummer). As it is, he's scrambling to even play in the NFL. Same with Edwards...

That's why I think getting a good coach, OC and line to play behind has to be step #1- before another QB is drafted.

I'm not a really a Losman fan but I partially agree with this. If Losman had solid NFL coaching in a proven system (say like under Shanahan or Holmgren) he could've developed into a journeyman type QB (aka Brian Griese or Jake Plummer). As it is, he's scrambling to even play in the NFL. Same with Edwards...

That's why I think getting a good coach, OC and line to play behind has to be step #1- before another QB is drafted.

Can you coach pocket presence? Can you coach field vision? Can you coach football IQ? If yes, then maybe it would have helped.

PTR

I've seen nothing of any other injuries besides the shoulder that he hurt this year. so I would like to see proof that he is a "cream puff"

He was out 2 or 3 weeks with that bad shoulder ... came back ... got hit ONCE (not by NFL pass rushers), and was out the rest of the season. Cream puff.

How's his arm strength? That and coming from a small school seem like the only potential knocks on him. But I'd prefer a guy from a non-powerhouse in any case. You think Tebow or McCoy is going to get the same kind of protection in the NFL that he got in college? No chance. Nor will either one have as big a talent disparity between his skill position players and the opponent's secondary.

In Tim Tebow's case he *was* the disparity in talent. Anyone who actually watched him play realizes this.

The guy is basically Tim Tebow. Similiar size, similiar system, similiar production, similiar skill set, just plain similiar. People wanna take this kid and are super against Tebow? Tebow did it in the strongest conference in college football, Lefavour in one of the weakest. He is a good player no doubt but I dont think he will have it any easier than Tebow in transitioning to the NFL.

The Central Michigan mascot is the Chippewas however.....

Tim Tebow was also surrounded by one of the greatest teams in college & is/was a fair weather QB...plus, LeFevour's arm is MUCH better! With the D-Line and Secondary talent in the NFL Tim Tebow will get murdered... :)

He was out 2 or 3 weeks with that bad shoulder ... came back ... got hit ONCE (not by NFL pass rushers), and was out the rest of the season. Cream puff.

Or he was allowed to come back too quickly from a serious injury in order to try to keep his team near the top of the standings and to protect his draft status. He should have say out longer after the first injury.

I remember Jim Kelly missing most of his senior season with a shoulder injury. Would you call him a cream puff?