Suh is a Heisman finallist.

DarthICE

Suh and Gerhart have no chance. Tebow already has one and won't get another. McCoy had his chance last year and his last game is still stinking up te voters' olfactories. Doubt they will toss him another gift like he got against Nebraska.

Ingram is the "upset" winner.

Another interesting note is that a player from the PAC-10, has never won the Heisman.

EDIT: My bad. I quickly read this from Wikipedia and failed to read the first part of the sentence :

From 1981 (Marcus Allen) to 2002 (Carson Palmer), not a single Pacific-10 Conference or other West Coast player won the Heisman Trophy.

Another interesting note is that a player from the PAC-10, has never won the Heisman.

Didnt OJ win the Heisman? He played at USC... maybe he pre-dates the PAC-10? (Carson Palmer, Reggie Bush, Matt Lienhart, just to name a few other Trojans who have) Either way my list would start with Suh, followed closely by Gerhart.

PS - Does anyone remember back in September when one poster ripped on me for saying "IMO Suh should win the Heisman" Cheers to the voters!

Didnt OJ win the Heisman? He played at USC... maybe he pre-dates the PAC-10? (Carson Palmer, Reggie Bush, Matt Lienhart, just to name a few other Trojans who have) Either way my list would start with Suh, followed closely by Gerhart.

PS - Does anyone remember back in September when one poster ripped on me for saying "IMO Suh should win the Heisman" Cheers to the voters!

You are absoluetly right about all the USC players who won the Heisman. Plus Terry Baker at Oregon, Jim Plunkett at Stanford, Gary Beban at UCLA . . .

And jeez I would love to get Suh for the Bills.

Suh and Gerhart have no chance. Tebow already has one and won't get another. McCoy had his chance last year and his last game is still stinking up te voters' olfactories. Doubt they will toss him another gift like he got against Nebraska.

Ingram is the "upset" winner.

I don't think Ingram is really what you could call an "upset" winner. I've thought he was going to win it, if Tebow faltered and Alabama went, since early October. The guy is solid game in and game out. He has put up some good numbers. He has 2 other talented RB's on his team that he gives up carries to and those guys would be starters at 90% of the other schools across the country. Gerhart is a beast too, but the reason he's put up better numbers is because Stanford doesn't really have anyone else. The guy is a workhorse who has a massive number of TD's, but I don't think he'll win it. McCoy hasn't done enough and Tebow dropped the ball against Alabama. If Florida could've won that game I don't have a doubt in my mind that he would've won his second Heisman. I don't really even see how you could put McCoy up there as the "leading contender" as some of these other "experts" do. His team is undefeated, not just him. He's had a down year compared to last with more evident mistakes. Suh should win, but he'll come up second or something like that. The guy is the most dominant defensive player I've seen in college that I can remember. He is the sole reason for Nebraska record this year. When one man can change the landscape of a game the way he can, I think he is more than deserving of just being there.

This is no different than 1996, when they gave the Hypeman to Danny Awful rather than giving it to the best player in college football that season, Orlando Pace.

Stats is all they look for when it comes to stuff like this, and even though they popularized a stat for Pace due to his dominance (pancake blocks; though the Pittsburgh folks coined the term for Bill Fralic a dozen years earlier), he still had no chance.

So much for the Hypeman going to the, "best college football player."

I don't even think that Ingram is the best college RB, let alone the best player. Dion Lewis (RB) at Pitt looks better to me.

Agreed, and I told this to Badolbilz and Lori @ the Miami game. Lewis been very impressive as a true freshman. Over 1600 yards and 16 TDs...wow!

I'd vote for Suh with Gerhardt finishing a close second. Suh is a dominating, unblockable freak. I'd punch my sister in the face to get him on the Bills (well, maybe not in the face, but I'd really like to get him).

I'd vote for Suh with Gerhardt finishing a close second. Suh is a dominating, unblockable freak. I'd punch my sister in the face to get him on the Bills (well, maybe not in the face, but I'd really like to get him).

My sister is a Bills fan, she would forgive me. My Mom is a Bills fan too...

Agreed, and I told this to Badolbilz and Lori @ the Miami game. Lewis been very impressive as a true freshman. Over 1600 yards and 16 TDs...wow!

Dion Lewis - 297 att, 1640 yds, 5.5 ypc, 16 TD, 24 Rec., 190 yds.

Mark Ingram - 249 att, 1542 yds, 6.2 ypc, 15 TD, 30 Rec, 322 yds.

Pretty even stats, but Lewis doesn't share carries and go versus some of the best defenses on a weekly basis. Sorry, but the Big East defenses are laughable in comparison with the SEC. Don't get me wrong, this guy's a stud....but, he's not better than Mark Ingram.